Results 1 to 20 of 20

check out my hid for headlights..custom made...myself

This is a discussion on check out my hid for headlights..custom made...myself within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member tripps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    sun valley
    Posts
    17

    pewter
    2002 trans am

    check out my hid for headlights..custom made...myself









    Last edited by tripps; 03-06-2011 at 11:02 AM. Reason: images werent showing

  2. #2
    None Shall Pass Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East of Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

    You need to post the img code.

  3. #3
    Junior Member tripps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    sun valley
    Posts
    17

    pewter
    2002 trans am

    fixed it

  4. #4
    Member Young11b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    156

    White
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

    Great Job, looks badass. How did you do it? Im looking to get it done on my TA though I wont see it for another 13 months...

  5. #5
    Member 666ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Age
    44
    Posts
    427

    NBM
    2000 Trans Am Ws6 #2946

    Looks good, bright as hell. If you have a breakdown of your method and cost that would be great to share.
    2000 WS6 TA #2946 - A4, Best 1/4: 12.5s @111mph.
    SLP LTs, 228r Cam, SY 3500, Shift kit, LS6 intake, underdrive pulleys, lid, p&p TB, Borla w/ cutout, Pro-kit springs, poly all around, Hotchkis suspension, 3.90 gears, tuned.

  6. #6
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Young11b View Post
    Great Job, looks badass. How did you do it? Im looking to get it done on my TA though I wont see it for another 13 months...
    Quote Originally Posted by 666ws6 View Post
    Looks good, bright as hell. If you have a breakdown of your method and cost that would be great to share.
    you can buy pre-made rectangular sealed beam HID headlights, just google search for them.

    if he really 'custom' made his I would be curious as to how he did it too.

  7. #7
    Junior Member tripps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    sun valley
    Posts
    17

    pewter
    2002 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    you can buy pre-made rectangular sealed beam HID headlights, just google search for them.

    if he really 'custom' made his I would be curious as to how he did it too.
    pre sealed beams are about 200 to 300 and probably dont fit i looked everywhere.i made these from beams u buy at autozone for 12 bucks and modified them.

  8. #8
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by tripps View Post
    pre sealed beams are about 200 to 300 and probably dont fit i looked everywhere.i made these from beams u buy at autozone for 12 bucks and modified them.
    how? did you pull the white rubber off of the back of the stock housing, pull the stock filament out and mould the new HID into it or....?

  9. #9
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    HID's in the fogs?

  10. #10
    Senior Member Lunatikgixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    St Pete, FL
    Posts
    1,429

    Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

    Heres the ones i got http://www.eurolamps.com/eurolamps/c...headlights.htm

    And the fogs are like regular lights u just twist them out/in.

  11. #11
    Member Faught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    round rock TX
    Posts
    354

    white
    1999 Trans Am

    ^ link dont work

    tells us how to do it oh guru of HID :P

  12. #12
    Senior Member Lunatikgixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    St Pete, FL
    Posts
    1,429

    Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6


  13. #13
    1 01ls1ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    houston tx
    Age
    31
    Posts
    273

    pewter
    01 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by tripps View Post
    pre sealed beams are about 200 to 300 and probably dont fit i looked everywhere.i made these from beams u buy at autozone for 12 bucks and modified them.
    I did the same thing to mine. You can cut the white rubber off with a razor blade. Under the rubber is one small screw, take it out and out comes the bulb. Then you just replace it with an H1 HID bulb, it's a direct fit. Put the screw back in and then put some silicone around it.

  14. #14
    Member Faught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    round rock TX
    Posts
    354

    white
    1999 Trans Am

    is this ur vid? [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-llNl9KIDQ&feature=related[/ame]

  15. #15
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Faught View Post
    is this ur vid?
    OP has a Trans Am..

  16. #16
    Member Faught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    round rock TX
    Posts
    354

    white
    1999 Trans Am

    ah good point, but if they are this good i might just have to order some

  17. #17
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by 01ls1ws6 View Post
    I did the same thing to mine. You can cut the white rubber off with a razor blade. Under the rubber is one small screw, take it out and out comes the bulb. Then you just replace it with an H1 HID bulb, it's a direct fit. Put the screw back in and then put some silicone around it.
    did you just splice the plug wires or..? how did you get get them power?

  18. #18
    1 01ls1ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    houston tx
    Age
    31
    Posts
    273

    pewter
    01 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    did you just splice the plug wires or..? how did you get get them power?
    No you just plug the new bulb into the ballast... and then you plug the wires from the ballast into the original plug for the stock headlights. I just bought those small flat connectors, they plugged in perfect. I dont know what you call those connectors though, just know what they look like.

  19. #19
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by 01ls1ws6 View Post
    No you just plug the new bulb into the ballast... and then you plug the wires from the ballast into the original plug for the stock headlights. I just bought those small flat connectors, they plugged in perfect. I dont know what you call those connectors though, just know what they look like.


    ?

    edit: or rather the 'male' side of these.. which is just a flat tab basically, can't find a pic but I have a whole bunch laying around
    Last edited by justinmc978; 03-08-2011 at 03:13 PM.

  20. #20
    1 01ls1ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    houston tx
    Age
    31
    Posts
    273

    pewter
    01 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    Click for full size

    ?

    edit: or rather the 'male' side of these.. which is just a flat tab basically, can't find a pic but I have a whole bunch laying around
    correct, then all you need is a tester to find the + and ground

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. custom made parts
    By LimeNine in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 04:22 PM
  2. Want a custom emblem made.... anyone?
    By Superman09 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 05:53 AM
  3. any custom made t top shades??
    By greatwhiteZ28 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 08:56 AM
  4. custom headlights
    By F-Bomb in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-06-2006, 01:41 PM
  5. custom headlights
    By RedT/Anumber1 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-13-2006, 09:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •