Black
    2002 Trans-Am WS-6

Check engine light on

Driving around last night and the service engine soon light came on. It's on steady and not flashing so according to the owners manual it's not a misfire condition and more of an emission malfunction. The gas cap is on tight but I did get gas 2 days ago and the pump at the station was acting up (pumping slow, then fast and cutting out). The only other thing I did to the car in the last 2 days was to remove and inspect the pcv valve but I'm sure I put everything back correctly. Is there a way to check the code on the service engine light? On my 2003 jeep liberty all I need to do is cycle the ignition a few times without starting and the codes pop up in the odometer display. Then it's as simple as looking up the code in a book. Do our vehicles have anything similar?

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

The only way to check codes is with a code reader or a hand held programer. Autozone does it for free. Most likely you got some very crappy gas. If it isn't bad gas could be O2 sensors gone bad. This you could find out by pulling the code.

It wouldn't hurt to drop in some HEET or Seafoam or another gas treatment. Pour it in, let it sit for 10 mins after you try to shake your car, start it and run it, then fill up with some quality gas.

White
    2001 ws6 Trans AM

I have the same problem, mine eventually went off after a few sitts the came on again after a while and thus repeating, dont know the reason either

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by cspeich2011 View Post
    I have the same problem, mine eventually went off after a few sitts the came on again after a while and thus repeating, dont know the reason either
    This is okay with you??

Go get the code read at the very least....

White
    2001 ws6 Trans AM

yeah thats what i planned on doing, takeing up to the shop in a hour or two im gunna put in all new fluids, just got the ws6 about 3 or 4 weeks ago still learning bout them my self. Also did you end up finding about yours?

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Most auto parts stores will read the codes for free.. Have that done then get back to us.. Just about any of your vehicles electronic systems or parts can cause a SES light.. It would be mear speculation to try and diagnose it otherwise..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

navy blue met
    1998 Trans Am convertible

My light was on, went Auto Zone, they scanned it and told me it was the O2 sensors. The codes it was throwing were for lean condition. Took it to my mechanic, turns out it was the fuel pressure regulator. Low fuel pressure = lean condition, wasnt O2 sensors at all. Dont know if this helps, thought I'd share...

White
    2001 ws6 Trans AM

just had my engine light checked out and had three different codes 1. P0157 which is o2 circuit low volatage (bank 2 sensor 2) the second reading was 2. Po412 secondary air injection switching valve A circuit. and finnally the third reading was 3. Po135 = o2 heater circuit bank 1 sensor 1.

could this be from loose wiring or what?
    got any ideas?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Here's some help with the secondary air issue: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130641

Thread Information