• Bassani

2 2.08%
  • I like cut outs best

4 4.17%
  • Other

9 9.38%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Which catback do you think sounds best?

I like magnaflow on my bird. Sounds mean. They all sound alike to me tho.
    Last edited by Mike0202; 04-09-2010 at 06:12 PM.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Magnaflow.

Silver
    1999 Trans Am

I love the sound of GMMG

I have listened to all the sounds on ls1sounds.com and the only one that sounds diff from the others is lm1 haha i swear

It has a big wing!

I voted for Borla although Magnaflow has been kinda growing on me.

To me Borla is "THE" sound of a modded LS1... Back in 98' when the LS1 F-Bodies first hit, it was the catback to get and sounded awesome.

Granted, it's basically a glorified cutout with the wide open set up but, even then it still sounded cool and looks cool after all these years..

I want one!!! I want it I want it I want it!!!

Now some may say (actually many these days) that they hate how it sounds with an ORY and LTs but,I guess it's an aquired taste! You can always stick a bullet in there anyway.

"Rasp",I remember when that word first appeared on LS1 message boards...I say people must learn to embrace the rasp!!

In my opinion Borla's adjustable catback is to the LS1 what Flowmaster is to Mustangs... It's THE voice of the car. (nothing against the other brands of course.... )

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    I have listened to all the sounds on ls1sounds.com and the only one that sounds diff from the others is lm1 haha i swear
    To me that site is useless. There are so many different variables, there's no way to get an accurate impression of how the car sounds or how loud it is.

It all depends on your computer speakers, the volume they're set at, the camera quality and shooting skill of the person who made the clip, how far the camera was from the car, if it was windy that day, and on and on.

I've spent hours trying to get somthing usefull from that site, and all it did was make me MORE confused.

It has a big wing!

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    To me that site is useless. There are so many different variables, there's no way to get an accurate impression of how the car sounds or how loud it is.

It all depends on your computer speakers, the volume they're set at, the camera quality and shooting skill of the person who made the clip, how far the camera was from the car, if it was windy that day, and on and on.

I've spent hours trying to get somthing usefull from that site, and all it did was make me MORE confused.
    Hehehe... Sorry I found that a little funny but,I know what you're saying brother...

I especially hate it when people think that you are going to get a better sample of the sound by putting the camera microphone right next to the tails!! Just sounds like a distorted land mine going off...

But I still keep looking because as technology gets better,you start to find some really nice videos and occasionally I find one that makes me go ...

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Corsa FTW

Red, Black
    98 T/A M6, 79 T/A 6.6L

i love my slp powerflo, it's such a deep rich tone, and doesn't cackle or anything. it's about as loud as magnaflow at idle and maybe just a touch less at full throttle?
    i dunno, it's still loud enough for me. I've got vids, but they're with a shitty camera when I first put the pipes on. It has definitely gotten louder over the last year, 3k miles. I just took a video the other week but my camera quality has degraded even farther. I'll let u know what it sounds i get my headers n ory on there in the next month or so..

cats, stock y, down pipe, no muff (rusted off by previous owner) sounded like butthole, but loud as all get out. [revved to maybe 4k]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75pxX0tkEjc[/ame]

cats, stock y, slp powerflo exhaust day of install (great tone, about 1/2 as loud as when broken in) [revved to the limiter]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXHAu5ymkaM[/ame]

cats stock y, slp powerflo 3k miles of breakin (2wice as loud as before, sounds great in person) again sorry for the camera quality. [probably never broke 2-2500 rpm]
    unfortunatly all u can really hear is my intake because of camera location.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v95H_YM3Xk[/ame]

Oh yeah, it's definitely worth the extra $$ over the LoudMouth systems...I forget which res I have, I think it's the lm2, but either way I took of the other mufflers a couple months ago to hear the difference, and i think there is a tone difference as well as a volume. and a much deeper, rich, roar with the powerflo muffs on. but ofcourse I'm biased!

My friend has an HD camera and i'm hoping to take before and after vids of my header, ory install.
    Last edited by goof4080; 04-10-2010 at 06:37 AM.

Anyone running LT's w/ Magnaflow. How much better does it sound??

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Magnaflow catback, Kooks LT's and catted Y. Sounds real nice, especially when you get on the loud pedal. It's probably a bit tamer than most due to the cats.

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

i like my magnaflow with hooker mids,ory and gutted cats

2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

slash tips magnaflow, lt headers, ory, no cats, deep at idle and at WOT hold on and plug your ears up, basically just askt he gt's how they sound they are the ones that get to hear most of it.. hahaha

Red
    1997 Firebird M5

Thumbs up

Borla in my opinion

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Anyone running LT's w/ Magnaflow. How much better does it sound??
    the best, next to gmmg pipes, which are $400+

i have slp loudmouth

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    the best, next to gmmg pipes, which are $400+

i have slp loudmouth
    I think im getting pacesetters with no cats. would that be too loud?

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

I think im getting pacesetters with no cats. would that be too loud?
    do some youtubing, i dont think so,

edit: heres luo's with a cam and a 402. doesnt seem TOO bad, mods considered, and he does have magnaflow after :42 : [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwULoOUQDVg[/ame]
    Last edited by justinmc978; 04-10-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Jet Black
    1999 Trans Am

borla

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by goof4080 View Post
    i love my slp powerflo, it's such a deep rich tone, and doesn't cackle or anything. it's about as loud as magnaflow at idle and maybe just a touch less at full throttle?
    i dunno, it's still loud enough for me. I've got vids, but they're with a shitty camera when I first put the pipes on. It has definitely gotten louder over the last year, 3k miles. I just took a video the other week but my camera quality has degraded even farther. I'll let u know what it sounds i get my headers n ory on there in the next month or so..

cats, stock y, down pipe, no muff (rusted off by previous owner) sounded like butthole, but loud as all get out. [revved to maybe 4k]

cats, stock y, slp powerflo exhaust day of install (great tone, about 1/2 as loud as when broken in) [revved to the limiter]

cats stock y, slp powerflo 3k miles of breakin (2wice as loud as before, sounds great in person) again sorry for the camera quality. [probably never broke 2-2500 rpm]
    unfortunatly all u can really hear is my intake because of camera location.

Oh yeah, it's definitely worth the extra $$ over the LoudMouth systems...I forget which res I have, I think it's the lm2, but either way I took of the other mufflers a couple months ago to hear the difference, and i think there is a tone difference as well as a volume. and a much deeper, rich, roar with the powerflo muffs on. but ofcourse I'm biased!

My friend has an HD camera and i'm hoping to take before and after vids of my header, ory install.

I have the power flo setup on mine(just swapped in some corsa clone tips tp make it look better)and love it with my QTP lt's w/ ORY an it's not loud at idle and can still talk on the phone while I'm on the hightway and with 3.73's and a A4 70 is like 2500RPM and at WOT it's loud and not raspy like some catbacks.
    I really like the sound of the GMMG and Stainless Works Chambers catbacks the best it was just too expensive since I did Lt's,ory, and catback all at the same time plus chambered exaust with no cat and my gears would made it too loud foor what I needed. Once I get my 93 LX 5.0 cleaned up and can use it. I may swap in a GMMG after I do the cam.

arctic white
    99 Trans am

I had a magnaflow, It sounded good and I got plenty of compliments on it but I hated the tips so I got a tsp rumbler the 4 year old magnaflow was about as loud as the tsp rumbler. For a budget exhaust the Rumbler is awesome I love the sound but just got in on a group purchase for a GMMG can't wait to get it on. Also have BBK lt's waiting to go on as well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information