Blackened fire chicken
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

casper electronics tps module and volt booster

hey everybody...just wondering if anyone has used casper electronics v-plus volt booster and the tps tec module on a WS6 trans am 98-02, and what if any gains they got out of them...and if you have, did/can you use them together???

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

never heard of those, but I suspect they are gimmicks and you don't want them silly things on your car

Blackened fire chicken

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    never heard of those, but I suspect they are gimmicks and you don't want them silly things on your car
    really?? yeah im sort of doubting too...this is what they advertise though

TPS voltage at Wide-Open-Throttle (WOT) is a function of power enrichment (PE). If the voltage is below a certain point at WOT, the ECM will reduce the level of power enrichment and the engine will not perform to its potential. With the TPS TEC, the TPS voltage is enhanced at 70% throttle, assuring maximum TPS voltage and maximum percentage of PE. This module also corrects for low sensor voltage and "dead spots" in the throttle range. LED indicators verify correct operation.
    NOTE: This unit is not designed for "drive by Wire" equipped engines.

V-Plus Volt Booster Round TPS / Late Alternator
    Your alternator is designed to put out a specific voltage, generally 13.8 volts. The only problem is when there's a greater demand on the electrical system, such as a WOT blast, the alternator falls a little short. The V-Plus is designed to overcome voltage taper at WOT by stepping up the alternator voltage 2.2v. at 70% throttle. Result? More power to your fuel pump and ignition system. Unit plugs in, with no wires to cut or tap into. Includes hardware. NOTE: Your engine must have a ROUND TPS connector as seen in the illustration, AND the late style Alternator Connector - 1998-2002.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Ranks right up with there WeaponsX plugs, Tornado, and a throttle body spacer.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by godless-phoenix View Post
    really?? yeah im sort of doubting too...this is what they advertise though

TPS voltage at Wide-Open-Throttle (WOT) is a function of power enrichment (PE). If the voltage is below a certain point at WOT, the ECM will reduce the level of power enrichment and the engine will not perform to its potential. With the TPS TEC, the TPS voltage is enhanced at 70% throttle, assuring maximum TPS voltage and maximum percentage of PE. This module also corrects for low sensor voltage and "dead spots" in the throttle range. LED indicators verify correct operation.
    NOTE: This unit is not designed for "drive by Wire" equipped engines.
    Technically speaking....there is a lot of BS in that advertisement. Power Enrichment is either on or off based on TPS and RPM. And across the RPM range, the TPS opening % is generally less then 70% to trigger Power Enrichment. The TPS only turns PE on or off, it doesn't change the "level" of PE.
    If you have "dead spots" in your TPS voltage, then you need a new TPS sensor.

Blackened fire chicken

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Ranks right up with there WeaponsX plugs, Tornado, and a throttle body spacer.
    hahaha, tornado

Blackened fire chicken

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Technically speaking....there is a lot of BS in that advertisement. Power Enrichment is either on or off based on TPS and RPM. And across the RPM range, the TPS opening % is generally less then 70% to trigger Power Enrichment. The TPS only turns PE on or off, it doesn't change the "level" of PE.
    If you have "dead spots" in your TPS voltage, then you need a new TPS sensor.
    cool, got it...these are stupid and useless

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

Surprised, they have some killer gm/fomoco wiring stuff on their website site, I would be interested in hearing what Frost has to say about the tps tec module...FWIW.
    Regards,
    Todd

#cajunhotrodder on instagram

White
    1998 Trans Am

I have mine retuned to set the wot at 85% and have no issues. ask frost my tune helped out along with bigger wire and a red top with a 220 amp alt to offset underdrive pulleys

Thread Information