Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Carl Black T/A #1 stage II Package

This is a discussion on Carl Black T/A #1 stage II Package within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Miles are pretty high for what it is, but I love the blackbirds, and he's got a very rare color ...

  1. #21
    Member BrntWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Land of the FOID
    Posts
    330

    SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

    Miles are pretty high for what it is, but I love the blackbirds, and he's got a very rare color on top of that. I think the stage 2 should add value since it was done by GMMG, isn't that like a 10k upgrade?

    I agree, buying a vette? Come on dude those things are a dime a dozen.

  2. #22
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by BrntWS6 View Post

    I agree, buying a vette? Come on dude those things are a dime a dozen.
    and f-bodies are not?
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

  3. #23
    Member SAGGIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    994

    RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

    Quote Originally Posted by 96Firebirdformula View Post
    I wouldn't buy it thought. Too much damn money. I'd rather have a formula and build it up to 500hp and not spend all that cash.

  4. #24
    Member BrntWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Land of the FOID
    Posts
    330

    SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

    Let me guess, you used to own a vette. But were talking about a Blackbird here so no, I would say a SOM phase II blackbird is not a dime a dozen.

    Even comparing the amount of vettes I saw to WS6's / SS's back in 2002 wasn't even close. This area is saturated with Corvette owners.

  5. #25
    Member sfletch2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    548

    86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

    Yeah i'd have to say i see way more vettes than WS6's/SS and about the same amount of vettes compared to any f-body.

  6. #26
    Member Numba1TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Missouri, STL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    142

    Pewter
    1999 Trans Am WS6 A4

    I think blackbirds are good cars and will definentley hold their value even if their not original. adding the stage I, II, or IIX will only increase the value. with the car being a collectable, i dont think i would want it cause the best thing to do with that is to let it sit and let its value increase. i'll just stick with the much cheaper WS6.

  7. #27
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by BrntWS6 View Post
    Let me guess, you used to own a vette. But were talking about a Blackbird here so no, I would say a SOM phase II blackbird is not a dime a dozen.

    Even comparing the amount of vettes I saw to WS6's / SS's back in 2002 wasn't even close. This area is saturated with Corvette owners.
    i owned a C5 correct.
    a blackbird isnt a dime a dozen, but neither is a z06 which could be had at the same price.
    lets be honest here, the blackbird and Z06 look the same to non gearheads, a.k.a dime a dozen.

  8. #28
    Member BrntWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Land of the FOID
    Posts
    330

    SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

    I don't know, I guess I don't really care what someone who's not into cars thinks anyways. The car guys will know the difference. But I know what your getting at.

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    196

    pewter
    2002 Tans am WS6 M6

    Hey NHRAFORMULA if you think that its a no brainer for that guy to sell that car and pick up a used z06 your just like all the other materialistic people out there "wanting that car for other people to see them in and brag about it not for the "should be" real reason of wanting that car for the car itself and what it is. Pereonally I dont want a vette I want something cuz thats what I want
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

  10. #30
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by Richy_Rich67 View Post
    Hey NHRAFORMULA if you think that its a no brainer for that guy to sell that car and pick up a used z06 your just like all the other materialistic people out there "wanting that car for other people to see them in and brag about it not for the "should be" real reason of wanting that car for the car itself and what it is. Pereonally I dont want a vette I want something cuz thats what I want
    hay RICHY_RICH67, if a person wanted to be materialistic as you say, they would buy a normal C5, not a Z06 because your average person wouldnt know the difference.
    i didnt say the guy should buy a Z06, i said a person could buy a Z06 for the asking price of that car.
    also who the fuck cares why people buy cars and for what reason they have, its there money.
    if wanted the snob appeal, i would off kept my 2002 corvette.
    you sound like a pissed off kid who couldnt afford a vette and settled for an f-body.

  11. #31
    Junior Member BirdFlewLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I sleep in the house...Live in the shop
    Posts
    87

    midnight Blue
    '99 Trans Am ws7

    Personally, I think the 30th and CETA cars will be worth way more than a Carl Black Vehical. Just because Pontiac came out with it. That car means nothing to me. And that guy is crazy for wanted a Vette....Just like A-holes, Everyone has one!

  12. #32
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdFlewLS1 View Post
    Personally, I think the 30th and CETA cars will be worth way more than a Carl Black Vehical. Just because Pontiac came out with it. That car means nothing to me. And that guy is crazy for wanted a Vette....Just like A-holes, Everyone has one!
    i guess some people rather be called assholes than be called joe dirts for driving around in f-bodies.

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    67
    Posts
    117

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Richy_Rich67 View Post
    Hey NHRAFORMULA if you think that its a no brainer for that guy to sell that car and pick up a used z06 your just like all the other materialistic people out there "wanting that car for other people to see them in and brag about it not for the "should be" real reason of wanting that car for the car itself and what it is. Pereonally I dont want a vette I want something cuz thats what I want
    Very well said!

  14. #34
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    san diego
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,632

    black
    01 ws6

    I see 5 corvettes before I see 1 transam, camaros is about 2 corvettes to 1 maro here in san diego

  15. #35
    Super Fast Nosws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    51

    Black
    2001 Trans Am Ws6

    What do you guys think this one will go for? The buy it now is f+ing ridiculous for a TA.


    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...em350033794124

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    67
    Posts
    117
    Doesn't sound like preaching to me. He was just stating why he drove a certain car. Of course you would have to use some common sense to recognize that.

  17. #37
    Member BrntWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Land of the FOID
    Posts
    330

    SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdFlewLS1 View Post
    Personally, I think the 30th and CETA cars will be worth way more than a Carl Black Vehical. Just because Pontiac came out with it. That car means nothing to me. And that guy is crazy for wanted a Vette....Just like A-holes, Everyone has one!
    I think history has proven that not to be the case. And all you have to do is look at the Yenko cars, or even more recent Berger. All the 30th and CETA's are is an appearance package. Carl Black cars are much more rare and came with modifications, plus their recognized by GM.

  18. #38
    Junior Member BirdFlewLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I sleep in the house...Live in the shop
    Posts
    87

    midnight Blue
    '99 Trans Am ws7

    Good point, but still that was my own 2 cents, Id rather own my 30th car over a Carl Black car because that car means nothing to me, over priced with to many miles.

  19. #39
    Member SAGGIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    994

    RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

    I got my SS casue for a 19 year old kid (at the time) it was a dream come true. I love my F-body and would never sell it. People may say that the SS is the poor man's vette and I say to them is "fuck 'em." I price I paid for that SS I could have picked up a used C5 vette. Actually seen a couple too, but personally I don't think that the Vette was made for the older generetions e.g. babyboomers and when that time comes for me it will be a dream come true to own a Vette. Jus my .02 and I don't give a fuk if u like it or not.

  20. #40
    Senior Member Getzen_Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,530

    Black
    2000 T/A

    Quote Originally Posted by Richy_Rich67 View Post
    Hey NHRAFORMULA if you think that its a no brainer for that guy to sell that car and pick up a used z06 your just like all the other materialistic people out there "wanting that car for other people to see them in and brag about it not for the "should be" real reason of wanting that car for the car itself and what it is. Pereonally I dont want a vette I want something cuz thats what I want
    you should really read the entire thread before acting like a hard ass.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ts|s Stage II package on a Miata MX5
    By third_shift|studios in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 11:52 AM
  2. Carl Black Trans am Worth $$$?
    By 96Firebirdformula in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 05:43 PM
  3. who has the tsp stage 1 head/cam package???
    By ggino85 in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 08:42 PM
  4. Carl Black Stripes
    By morocotopo in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 10:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •