Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

carfax report ? on my WS6

Ok...I obviously have a 2001 WS6 trans am, my title even says that.....I have the raised ram air lid, ram air hood, 6 spd, the WS6 suspension,alum driveshaft,3:42 gears, and the ram air functional hood....well I looked at my carfax report last night it had only had 2 owners b4 me, and at first it was bought in alabama, made in canada, I live in illinois...anyhwho, the carfax says its a 2001 pontiac formula/trans am.....is that just what they put or what is up with that, them are 2 totally diff cars....my door has the WS6 number on the inside of door, I waas told it was a real WS6 if it has a WS6 code on the codes on inside of ur drivers side door...I also have a WS9 code in them codes though...isnt WS9 the formula with a ram air setup and all?

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by getcha01 View Post
    Ok...I obviously have a 2001 WS6 trans am, my title even says that.....I have the raised ram air lid, ram air hood, 6 spd, the WS6 suspension,alum driveshaft,3:42 gears, and the ram air functional hood....well I looked at my carfax report last night it had only had 2 owners b4 me, and at first it was bought in alabama, made in canada, I live in illinois...anyhwho, the carfax says its a 2001 pontiac formula/trans am.....is that just what they put or what is up with that, them are 2 totally diff cars....my door has the WS6 number on the inside of door, I waas told it was a real WS6 if it has a WS6 code on the codes on inside of ur drivers side door...I also have a WS9 code in them codes though...isnt WS9 the formula with a ram air setup and all?
    I have a true ws6 and on my title it says Formula as well...actually it might say Firebird but it is a Trans Am. I dont know why they classify them with those names

white
    2000 Z28

its one of those goofy things that they did with the codes and names. like literally al trans ams are formulas not not all formulas are trans ams. all v8 model firebirds are formulas no matter whether it is a trans am or formula. firehawks and trans ams both have their specific designations(i am not sure what the coding is though) but the trans ams(ws6 or not) will always have the codes of a formula but it requires an additional code to truely be a trans am. there are some old posts with all of the code designations so you can specifically see what all your codes mean. but like i said before, all trans ams are formulas but not all formulas are not trans ams. that is the simplest way to put it. i know the trans am had a different bumper and rear spoiler which were exclusive to them(which i think was really the whole trans am package save for interior stuff) but they are still formulas by the codes.

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

true WS6

I have my whole carfax report and it seems I really have a WS6 I dont think anyone would buy an alum driveshaft,ram air hood and airbox system,back wing,higher flow exhaust,all leather interior its got everything a WS6 had in 01...LS6 intake.....3:42 gears, every option

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Thread Information