Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Carbon fiber hood on black TA what do u think

This is a discussion on Carbon fiber hood on black TA what do u think within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Personally I think the Trans am came from the factory a sexy car, most of the body kits and things ...

Mystic Teal
    1999 Trans am

Personally I think the Trans am came from the factory a sexy car, most of the body kits and things I've seen for it just make it look worse, with the exception of a wings west front lip. If it were me unless there is something wrong with your hood, I would spend that money on some engine mods or something else as you probably won't even notice the difference from weight reduction if you get it painted. To each his own.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Hey I just thought, I've lost just about 40 lbs this year! That's like a carbon fiber hood... Maybe my times are now faster!!

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Not weight just look

I'm not trying to reduce weight as much as getting the bad ass looking hood Weight would be a bonus the WS9 hood is just sexy and I have to agree I'm doing the mods then if money left the hood

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    Hey I just thought, I've lost just about 40 lbs this year! That's like a carbon fiber hood... Maybe my times are now faster!!
    They must be doing the CF hood wrong if it weighs 40 lbs. I know my bolt on Sunoco fiberglass hood is 25 lbs. If you get the pin on version of the hood it is only 15 pounds. Stock hood weight is 47/48 lbs. I would think CF would be lighter than a bolt on fiberglass hood. Then again it is a WS6 hood they must just weigh more period...
    Last edited by Z28Thunder; 12-02-2010 at 10:55 AM.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    They must be doing the CF hood wrong if it weighs 40 lbs. I know my bolt on Sunoco fiberglass hood is 25 lbs. If you get the pin on version of the hood it is only 15 pounds. Stock hood weight is 47/48 lbs. I would think CF would be lighter than a bolt on fiberglass hood.
    He meant on his body weight thunder...

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    He meant on his body weight thunder...
    I know he did... And I was talking about the weight of hoods.. Your point ?

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    I'm not trying to reduce weight as much as getting the bad ass looking hood Weight would be a bonus the WS9 hood is just sexy and I have to agree I'm doing the mods then if money left the hood
    Hell yeah it is.

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Thank u

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    Hell yeah it is.
    Gotta luv tht WS9 hood my wife told me to just buy it we will figure it out I love that women hahahah

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    They must be doing the CF hood wrong if it weighs 40 lbs. I know my bolt on Sunoco fiberglass hood is 25 lbs. If you get the pin on version of the hood it is only 15 pounds. Stock hood weight is 47/48 lbs. I would think CF would be lighter than a bolt on fiberglass hood. Then again it is a WS6 hood they must just weigh more period...
    I meant the claims I've seen on websites that the CF hood will save 40 lbs over stock... Whether the claims are right or not, I wouldn't know...

White
    1998 Trans Am

I know the SS style carbon fiber hood we got had more fitment issues than I have time to type so watch out where your comes from. I'm not sure what company it was but it wasn't cheap. My $250 WS6 hood fit better.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Red
    99 SS SLP Camaro

After reading some of these the best was the one that said do whatever makes you happy when you look at your car. Personally when I buy a car like my 99 SS I buy it because I like it as it is. Was never really into the "making it look the part" like some people do. Especially the ricers. But with that said I must say I have seen a few of those that I liked. Everyone has their own tastes I guess. But as far as the carbon fibre goes. It can look cool on some cars but like the last post said... fitment is the one I would look at the hardest. I just helped a guy put carbon fibre hood, fenders and front end on an RX-7. And man... what a bitch of a job. Not one piece lined up right. That alone told me "never". But whatever your choice hope it turns out for you bro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information