Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

cant have nice stuff

This is a discussion on cant have nice stuff within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I think you should have helped him out with a new paint job! I hear keys work very well! After ...

Silver
    02 Pontiac

I think you should have helped him out with a new paint job! I hear keys work very well!
    After the paint job is done, I would make sure his tires are properly inflated.... what's that I see... oh sir it looks like you have 4 flat tires.....

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Alot of evil people here

I would like to think car people are better than that.
    It's not that we are evil, it's that we want ppl to appreciate things like we do and respect other ppl's property. It may be petty

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    It's not that we are evil, it's that we want ppl to appreciate things like we do and respect other ppl's property. It may be petty
    Not petty,,I'm the same way as far as respecting property goes. I just don't agree with destroying other property out of rage, That's like the pot calling the kettle black. Especially if there was no harm to your own property.

I will however have a talk with the person responsible, and if they turn out to be a general prick, then an ass kicking is in order. Sometimes that lands you in the clink, but it sure makes me feel better

White
    1998 Trans Am

When I had my Celica GT DD I did a nice 2 tone Daytona blue/ gunmetal gray paint job on it and rented a carport at my GF's apt and my apt. so people wouldn't hit it. My TA stayed in the Garage. dam guy in a chevy backed in and kept opening his door and chipping my paint so a few weeks later when she moved in with me I decided since he screwed my new paint job up he needed some house key artwork as a good by present. Same thing at my apt gut used to leave himseld room and I had to squeeze in so when he forgot to put his parking pass in the winsheild I had hhis ass towed think a fireman would know better. Hate people who don't respect other people cars. I've even had a kid open a door and ding my trailblazer and his mother looked over and said nothing so I confronted her in the bank line then gave her some key artwork forpayback on my ding. No matter where you park someone always wants to park inches from you in an empty lot.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Epoxy Block atm
    '68 Firebird LS1

right when i got my daily back (it's a pretty new and clean g6 gt), someone swung a pickup door just like that ford, into my driver's side door. i've got a big fat ding and some scuffed paint now where it got hit, and had i known which car did it, i'd probably get myself into trouble.

the annoying part is, legalities can get involved if you're caught vandalizing that jackhole's property, so basically to state the obvious and what others have said, you're just better off not bothering, because you don't want him seeking a vendetta against you.

plus if he runs into you again and keeps doing it, it seems like he's looking to get a rise out of you, and giving him a reaction is giving him satisfaction that he got to you. i don't get most people who do that to complete strangers, but whatever.

white
    2000 Transam

When I got my last inspection they told me that my gas cap would not pass the preasure test, it was a locking gas cap. I repalced the cap with a new one and when my wife asked if I wanted her to throw the old one into the trash, I said no, I wanted to put it in my glove box. There has to be some trouble the next time they need gas only to find they have a locking gas cap and no key.

"Holier than thou" is not pretty. Nobody here has ever parked too close to another vehicle? Heck, one time I might have damaged an SUV when trying to pull into a very tight spot; my car ended up scraped. Also, recently the air mysteriously went out of one of my tires. Maybe, though not likely, it was somebody's idea of payback for not leaving him much room. (For the record, I've had parked cars damaged several times, mostly in front, probably always by much larger vehicles.)

I park between the lines, but it's taken dings and an annoyed woman demanding I move my car to teach me to leave like a foot or more or to park at the end of the row so one side will stay clear. Since I'm slim and extra flexible, I can squeeze into my car with almost no space. I don't automatically realize other people can't do that.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I don't have any cars I would park near anyone. I am thin and can sqeeze in and out but I don't trust anyone else especially people with shty cars and kids they don't even watch them open the door, one lady little kid swing the door open and dinged my truck I had to get out and yell at her since she wasn't painy attention before he did anymore damage. I have that red tintcoat 3 stage paint that's a pain to match and also hate having to always pay my friend who does paintless dent repair to fix my TA 1/4 panels and occasionally my truck.

2000 Camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by 1972_Z-28 View Post
    It has happened to me several times, last time I had to climb thru the rear hatch which sucked. I think some people are just oblivious and inconsiderate.
    HAHAHA, I can't stand when people park too close, but if I was an innocent bystander, and I saw someone climbing through the rear hatch, I would be laughing uncontrollably.

A few times, as the driver, I've had to use the passenger side door. And like I said, I can squeeze through very small spots.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

That's pathetic. As many others have discussed, it's a shame that we can't expect others to show our cars the same respect that we show theirs. There's no excuse for that kind of behaviour. It's the anonymity of it, just like being online where a closet ass can be an ass because he thinks there will be no confrontation or consequences. It's a shame that anonymity brings out the dick in some people.

My girlfriend thinks it's funny that I always park as you do, looking for corner spots where I can hug the curb on one side of the vehicle. And the last time somebody did this to me, she had to seriously talk me down from doing some of the things that have been mentioned here. I was furious with the tough guy anonymous dickhead that day. I know exactly how you feel...
    Last edited by Schmalgar; 06-24-2010 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    That's pathetic. As many others have discussed, it's a shame that we can't expect others to show our cars the same respect that we show theirs. There's no excuse for that kind of behaviour. ..

And it's not just these cars, but I treat every car I own that way. I don't even like to park my old truck around people either. I just prefer to generally stay away form any parked cars,,,,period!
    I don't care how far I have to walk.

But we live in a society where everyone thinks it's all about them. So few even care about anything else anymore.

midnight blue

I use to take two spots so I wouldn't get hit. Untill some asshole took the time to leave me a Note telling me how much of an ass I was. I keep parking the same way until one day my car had been shoot with a bb gun. I never found out who it was.

Sounds like a typical chickenshit loser.

I park double quite often if I can't find a corner spot. And when I double park I generally do it out away from the place of business where it doesn't really matter anyway. Everyone seems to be a lazy ass and doesn't want to walk that far anyway, so for someone to complain is simply pointless. And if they don't like it,,,,tough shit. My car, I pay the bills.
    The way I look at it,,,I'm forced to do what I have to do to protect my property because of all the idiots out there that don't care. Plain and simple.

And if someone (that has absolutely nothing to do with the situation) comes along and wants to take it as far as damaging my vehicle, they'll be sucking their next meal through a straw, just sayin'

Epoxy Block atm
    '68 Firebird LS1

another thing i hate, is at grocery stores and such, people who DON'T return the shopping carts to the cart-return. they just leave them next to/behind the car they were parked next to, when a gust of wind comes, it just blows the cart and of course, it hits every car on the way down the isle until it tips over or wedges between 2 parked cars. i've seen this happen time and time again, which makes me park even further haha, i don't mind walking i was born and raised in nyc, i miss the walks.

People should be allowed to sue private lots where their vehicles were damaged. That way, lighting, cameras, guards, etc. would be used for better prevention and reporting.

Also, double parking in private lots probably is illegal.
    http://www.google.com/#hl=en&rlz=1R2...7e4f5eeefecf6d
    I would never ever do that. It's disrespectful.

In my neighborhood, there's a crazy person (probably a woman, judging by the passive-aggressive writing) who has attached nasty notes to cars taking up two spots on the street where there's barely room for two cars. Happened to me once; I normally avoid that section anyway. I'd love to see that person caught in the act.

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I park double quite often if I can't find a corner spot. And when I double park I generally do it out away from the place of business where it doesn't really matter anyway.

The way I look at it,,,I'm forced to do what I have to do to protect my property because of all the idiots out there that don't care. Plain and simple.

And if someone (that has absolutely nothing to do with the situation) comes along and wants to take it as far as damaging my vehicle, they'll be sucking their next meal through a straw, just sayin'
    I agree with all that... Doesn't bother me at all when people take two spots further back in the lot. And yes people with nice cars often feel they have to because of the carelessness/selfishness/jealousness of others. And absolutely someone gets hurt if I catch em purposefully damaging my car.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by clovenhooves View Post
    In my neighborhood, there's a crazy person (probably a woman, judging by the passive-aggressive writing) who has attached nasty notes to cars taking up two spots on the street where there's barely room for two cars. Happened to me once; I normally avoid that section anyway. I'd love to see that person caught in the act.
    I know how that is I live in a pat complen where the no parking area's are maked and there are spots at the end of the building not marked that everyone uses. I left my truck thre so I could pull my TA in and out of the garage, normally I park my TB in front of my garage door. came home and found a note from a neighbor saying it was ta tow zone and not park there anymore. So i put the not back on there door saying that is was a legal parking area. This was me trying to be nice, so they dod it to my Mustang when I half it their for a few hour one nite I park that in a regular space so as not to take up room close to the buildings with a car that moves once a month. So I found another note this time I figured I'd have the manager at the office explain it to them so it doesn't turn itno a whole issue. So she called and did. I swear if I come home at night and see someone near my truck I think pull gun out and then ask questions, never know if it's a neighbor or a theif with a weapon. People should learn to mind their own dam buisness. I wasn't blocking their garage. I was far enought for them to park in front of their gargare swing their door fully open and still have a foot or more left between the vehicles.

Red
    2001 Trans Am

If someone actually damaged my car... epoxy+razorblade+liftup door handle=LULZ

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    I know how that is I live in a pat complen where the no parking area's are maked and there are spots at the end of the building not marked that everyone uses. I left my truck thre so I could pull my TA in and out of the garage, normally I park my TB in front of my garage door. came home and found a note from a neighbor saying it was ta tow zone and not park there anymore. So i put the not back on there door saying that is was a legal parking area. This was me trying to be nice, so they dod it to my Mustang when I half it their for a few hour one nite I park that in a regular space so as not to take up room close to the buildings with a car that moves once a month. So I found another note this time I figured I'd have the manager at the office explain it to them so it doesn't turn itno a whole issue. So she called and did. I swear if I come home at night and see someone near my truck I think pull gun out and then ask questions, never know if it's a neighbor or a theif with a weapon. People should learn to mind their own dam buisness. I wasn't blocking their garage. I was far enought for them to park in front of their gargare swing their door fully open and still have a foot or more left between the vehicles.
    You gotta hate frickin nosy busybodies! Nothing better to do than monitor everyone else's actions.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information