Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26

cant decide on lt1 or ls1

This is a discussion on cant decide on lt1 or ls1 within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by f-bodyfreak15 thanx guys....yea i want it for DD but i dont really do much driving...about <250 miles ...

  1. #21
    Member Baluchitherium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    46
    Posts
    319
    It has a big wing!

    Quote Originally Posted by f-bodyfreak15 View Post
    thanx guys....yea i want it for DD but i dont really do much driving...about <250 miles a week....and yea hp is my main focus...and wat kind of bolt on will i need/prices....still kunda learning about engines and performance parts...and wat car is better TA or z28...i know they r almost the same thing but there has to b something dif with them...like weight ans stuff like that.....and this is the car i mostlikely ganna get(if its for sale in 3 or 4 months still)
    it has the ram iar hood but i dont c any ws6 badge on the back...i TA dont have stock ram airs do they???....and it sdays its a formula but it has a TA trim(foglights spoiler)
    can those b aftermarket..or wat u guys think????
    http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national
    Quote Originally Posted by f-bodyfreak15 View Post
    also if i get an automatic is it possible to just switch the transmision with a manual 1????...of so how much do u think that would b????...cuz i dont seem to find any TA manual or z28 for less tha 8k...but there r some automitics
    Woah woah! LOL!

    I see MANY late nights of reading in your future brother...

    Not saying this to be an A$$ just saying it really is to your benefit to get very familiar with these cars, read read read man... Good luck!

  2. #22
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,998

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    Quote Originally Posted by f-bodyfreak15 View Post
    thanx guys....yea i want it for DD but i dont really do much driving...about <250 miles a week....and yea hp is my main focus...and wat kind of bolt on will i need/prices....still kunda learning about engines and performance parts...and wat car is better TA or z28...i know they r almost the same thing but there has to b something dif with them...like weight ans stuff like that.....and this is the car i mostlikely ganna get(if its for sale in 3 or 4 months still)
    it has the ram iar hood but i dont c any ws6 badge on the back...i TA dont have stock ram airs do they???....and it sdays its a formula but it has a TA trim(foglights spoiler)
    can those b aftermarket..or wat u guys think????
    http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national
    According to the VIN number, its a real Trans Am but its not a WS6 like the hood suggests

  3. #23
    Auto Painter RyanJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,002

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    Aftermarket WS6 hoods are $250 plus tax so most people I know have either installed them or are going to. Cheap and it makes the car look better for cheap cash unlike a factory WS6 or Hawk hood. Mine is aftermarket modified for my Volant but I don't sport WS6 badges on mine, it isn't one so why get the badge. If it was a real WS6 nothing but a hood would remain anyway since I have full bolt ons and only the front arms aren't replaced with UMI,BMR, KYB AGX,or Spohn parts. Factory suspension just doesn't cut it. Doesn't matter if it's a real WS^ as long as it's a real TA and has the V8
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    chicago
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10
    2000 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    According to the VIN number, its a real Trans Am but its not a WS6 like the hood suggests
    o ok...yea i was just wondering cuz they list it as a formula

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    chicago
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10
    2000 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    Aftermarket WS6 hoods are $250 plus tax so most people I know have either installed them or are going to. Cheap and it makes the car look better for cheap cash unlike a factory WS6 or Hawk hood. Mine is aftermarket modified for my Volant but I don't sport WS6 badges on mine, it isn't one so why get the badge. If it was a real WS6 nothing but a hood would remain anyway since I have full bolt ons and only the front arms aren't replaced with UMI,BMR, KYB AGX,or Spohn parts. Factory suspension just doesn't cut it. Doesn't matter if it's a real WS^ as long as it's a real TA and has the V8
    yea i dont really care about it either i plan on buying it and build it up...lol....its ganna stay in the fam for a long time once i doo get it

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    chicago
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10
    2000 trans am

    also has any1 bought a car though ebay???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Can't decide on a car...
    By gskomes in forum General Help
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 05:23 PM
  2. please help 402.408, or 418 cant decide
    By adam0321 in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 09:13 PM
  3. I cant decide!!!
    By 1QuickLS1 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 12:56 PM
  4. Help me decide?
    By foshizl in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-09-2008, 11:33 AM
  5. please help me decide what to do next!
    By allforspeed in forum Nitrous
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 10:24 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •