Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Can you help a 16 year old out ??

This is a discussion on Can you help a 16 year old out ?? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; hate to tell ya the bad news, but you can't get 4,000 bucks for your car. maybe 3000 if you're ...

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

hate to tell ya the bad news, but you can't get 4,000 bucks for your car. maybe 3000 if you're lucky. and you shouldn't even consider the engine swap, unless you feel like throwing your money in a hole. you wouldn't be able to sell it. I'm not sure on the price difference up there in Oregon, but you could prolly find a high mileage non-WS6 trans-am for 7,000. it'd be alot faster than the v6.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Tonik View Post
    Jesus kid, your last words will be, "Dude, Check this out!"
    Classic last words. That's a good one.

Green
    1997 ws-6

I think that the two of you boys should wait a couple years to buy anything with a V8 in it.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
    I think that the two of you boys should wait a couple years to buy anything with a V8 in it.

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

im 17 and i got my Formula when i was 16 and im not saying that i encourage them to get a v8 but u need to be careful these cars have alot of power if you get one congrats thier awesome just be careful and everything should be fine

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

just wait, keep ur car nice, save up like 2-3 thousand see what u can get for your car and then start lookin for a lt1 or ls1

Black
    1996 Chevy 1500

goin from v6 to v8 is a huge diff, but if u want it that bad, get a loan, not the best thing to do cuz if u crash it, ull be payin for a car u dont have, so u gotta take a risk if u want it that bad

Pewter Metallic (1of?)
    2001 Formula M6(1 of 225)

At 16, i remember my level of patience was next to none for things that i wanted, when i was sixteen it was right when gm announced the end of camaro/firebird for 2002. At that point the late 4th gens(LS1) that were used, went up in value on private market because people thought it was the absolute end of the camaro/firebird at that time, then 4 years later, i saved my pennies and took out a loan for my 1ST LS1 (My 6th vehicle i've owned). 2001 Formula M6 bought it shortly after i turned 20, and I have now owned it for a little over a year and it is still as good as when i bought it. Be patient, find the one you want, don't just get one to have one, I know the factor of power plays a big role, but if you are patient, save your pennies (because a loan can have shitty interest, and also build your credit!) and keep researching what it is you are truly looking for. Plus at 16 you're more willing to show off and do stupid things in it, and tickets are no fun

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    im 17 and i got my WS6 when i was 16, if you treat the car good it will treat you good plain and simple. on the other hand well all have a need for speed you just have to use your best judgement on when and where is a good time, which is not public streets with lots of traffic.

98T/Aformula
    [QUOTE=ATCharming;611565]haha. yea most chicks wouldnt even know the difference between the 6 and the 8 lol...
    oh well i got a girlfriend already, so i dont need it for chicks. she drives a 98 eclipse, and it would be nice to get something that would waste her car. i dont know much abotu the v6s, but do u think it could? her car is completely stock, and its the base model[/QUI

I have a 98 Eclips as my DD and its not fast at all lol just good on gas and keeps the T/A in the garage until a nice day comes alog but I would assume a V-6 would kill a stock eclips, maybe not kill but for surely win. I was in the same situation you are when I was 16 and wanted a T/A so bad, so I just put my mind to it and a few months after I turned 17 I bought one, the guy was asking 12.1 for it but I talked him down to 11 it only had 68,000 miles on it and came with a two year bumper to bumper warrenty and was and still is in amazing shape !!! Im 18 now and now I have two cars haha so you will get there just give it some time...

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

well, I don't think just because someone's young they shouldn't have a fast car. I got my car right after I turned 17, and I haven't had any problems yet. but the thing is, I'm the most patient and cautious driver I know. it drives my friends crazy when I'm pulling out of a nieghborhood and onto a busy street. Most kids my age drive like assholes and mistreat their cars, and half of them crash them. if you get a LS1 f-body, you best take care of it and not drive like an asshole, because one wrong turn and you'll smash it up, and parts don't come cheap. not to mention the insurance. the point of my rambling is, if you drive like a jerk, don't get an LS1, let someone else have it.

white -RIP-
    2000 Trans Am

i'm 17 and i got my trans am only a few weeks ago and omg i love it! its a 2000 and came with 51k and almost immaculate condition, we got it for 15k. basically, i worked for about 7 months saving up untill the perfect car came along, and i had enough to put down 5k, and took out a bank loan through my dad for the rest =) so about a year and i will be all paid off! and it was totally worth waiting on the trans am compared to the firebird, its soo fun to drive and can own pretty much anyone and everyone who dares to challenge it but gas on the v8 is a bitch!

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I dunno, I think they get decent gas mileage. the only bummer is having to pay for premium.

white -RIP-
    2000 Trans Am

mines supposed to get about 18 mpg city, but its more like 15.. although i do like taking advantage of all that power every chance i get =)

NBM
    98 trans am

im 17 and got my 98 t/a about 2 weeks ago =) i love my daddy

I would start out with getting a LT1 and then get a LS1 whenever your insurance rates drop. That's around 21 and then 24 with Geico. Save up your money and trade your car with some cash to someone who wants to get out from under optispark problems and gas bills. It shouldn't be too hard as nice as your car is. That way whatever you put into your car, you could trade out and bolt into the LT1 when you get it.

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

Hey, I'm in the same situation as you, except I'm 18. I have an 89 bronco that barely runs so i never get to drive. I've been saving since im 15 1/2 an I have about $9000 dollars now. I've been looking for a car since like 2005 an every single one i check out has lifter taps or spun bearings or some weird problem (it's like i'm not suppose to get the car =D ) Anyway, the point of my story is, just be patient an keep what you ahve for now, then find an ls1 that you like a lot, an if it's the right price get it. Just be careful, a lot of the higher mileage cars that i've checked have motor problems.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    Hey, I'm in the same situation as you, except I'm 18. I have an 89 bronco that barely runs so i never get to drive. I've been saving since im 15 1/2 an I have about $9000 dollars now. I've been looking for a car since like 2005 an every single one i check out has lifter taps or spun bearings or some weird problem (it's like i'm not suppose to get the car =D ) Anyway, the point of my story is, just be patient an keep what you ahve for now, then find an ls1 that you like a lot, an if it's the right price get it. Just be careful, a lot of the higher mileage cars that i've checked have motor problems.
    what do you mean lifter taps? like the sound of the engine when it first starts? that's piston knock, most of the LS1s have that. it's partly because of the aluminum blocks. it goes away after driving for 10 minutes.

Arctic White Hardtop
    '98 Formula M6

I looked at firebirds online everyday for months before I found the right one. I found one with low miles adult owened for under $7,000.

at Autotrader.com you will find the path to enlightenment grasshopper.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Formula View Post
    I looked at firebirds online everyday for months before I found the right one. I found one with low miles adult owened for under $7,000.

at Autotrader.com you will find the path to enlightenment grasshopper.

he speaks wise words. I did the same thing. I even found my car on it

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information