White
    2002 WS6

Unhappy Can i ask this...

I want to know how much i should be selling my car for. I dont know if i am allowed to ask this here or not, but i figured i'd try!

It's a 2002 white ws6 and i'm having trouble affording two vehicles right now. Car just hit 70k and is almost stock (lid and a few free mods). I owe about 16 on the thing (got ripped off at a dealership) and would like to get that for it, but i want to be realistic too. Any thoughts?

Red
    1995 Trans Am 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by Zedtwentyeight View Post
    I want to know how much i should be selling my car for. I dont know if i am allowed to ask this here or not, but i figured i'd try!

It's a 2002 white ws6 and i'm having trouble affording two vehicles right now. Car just hit 70k and is almost stock (lid and a few free mods). I owe about 16 on the thing (got ripped off at a dealership) and would like to get that for it, but i want to be realistic too. Any thoughts?
    A few things you can do right away. Go to EBAY.COM, click on there Motor section and look for similar TA's. See what they are being bidded to and the Buy Now price (which in reality is the seller's reserve price).

Then check-out Kelly Blue Book for the average price, you want the trade in or private seller's price. This will give you a ball park.

Next go to AutoTrader.Com. Check out for othe 2002 selling within a 100 to 200 miles radius from your home postal ZIP code. Again, it will give you a good idea.

Now, if you have about $15.00, Consumer Reports can give you all the details on how other 2002's are priced. This service is for folks looking to buy as it will give you the reasonable price a dealer would pay and what a buyer should pay.

If 16K is your buttom line price, then you want to price about that to give some wiggle room (mark up to mark down.) This said has to be tempered by what the market is paying right now.

One other option is to see if the bank will allow someone else to take over the note. Thus for a $1,000 the note gets moved to the buyers name.

Last, if all else fails. Park it somewhere safe, turn in the plate and cancel all but the Comprehensive insurance on it (just in case a tree or something falls on it)

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

I just bought a 2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 from a dealer about a month ago. The car has 65k on the list was $16,000. I got the price down to $14,500. The only thing that was on the car when I bought it was a SLP Loudmouth II exhaust system on it. This also included a 3 year warranty.

As for the post about turning in the plates, in my state if you are making payments on a car it must be registered and insured all year round. I don't know if what other states policies are like.

But I agree with that if you owe $16,000 on the car then I would look to try and at least get that way so you don't get stuck adding in the extra money because I am pretty sure the bank will not release the title unless the remainder of the loan is paid in full. I would also go along with try listing it for a little higher at first that way you might be able to get what you are looking for after some offers come in. Try listing it on various sites and hope you get some bites.

Good luck selling it, too bad you can't hold onto it, these cars are great.
    Last edited by 02 WS-Six; 10-09-2008 at 05:38 PM.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

honestly you will not get 16 for it... you'll be stuck with the last few payments and if you don't have another car you're fucked... your best bet is to pick up a second job if you can or cut down on every expense you can...

White
    2002 WS6

thanks for all the advice...i've actually got 2 other cars so it's not a big deal...just sick of paying so much for the car and not getting to use it (travel alot for work). I'd love to hang onto the hope that someday it will be worth more and i should keep it...guess im just on the fence....

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

thanks for all the advice...i've actually got 2 other cars so it's not a big deal...just sick of paying so much for the car and not getting to use it (travel alot for work). I'd love to hang onto the hope that someday it will be worth more and i should keep it...guess im just on the fence....
    i thought many times of selling mine... i came very close just to get out of my 550.00+ a month payments... but i'm damn glad i held on to her... sell another car but keep her... she isn't bad on gas and treats you well...

Red
    1995 Trans Am 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    i thought many times of selling mine... i came very close just to get out of my 550.00+ a month payments... but i'm damn glad i held on to her... sell another car but keep her... she isn't bad on gas and treats you well...
    My two cents on this. Since you travel, can you take the TA? The IRS is allowing .=$0.58/mile. At that rate, several hundered miles will add up fast and pay for her. 12 years ago my company sent me out to work in another city, 550 mile round trip each week for a year. Came out to 27K miles and it all was paid for in miles.

In terms of turning in the plate. Here in PA, that is the rule when you park a car and turn off the liability. Most folks just park it, turn off the insurnace for the winter and keep the plate. Then come spring, call the agent, flip the switch and they are back on the road.

If need be, can you barrow on the 401 and pay it off?

Just my two cents.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by seppburgh View Post
    My two cents on this. Since you travel, can you take the TA? The IRS is allowing .=$0.58/mile. At that rate, several hundered miles will add up fast and pay for her. 12 years ago my company sent me out to work in another city, 550 mile round trip each week for a year. Came out to 27K miles and it all was paid for in miles.

In terms of turning in the plate. Here in PA, that is the rule when you park a car and turn off the liability. Most folks just park it, turn off the insurnace for the winter and keep the plate. Then come spring, call the agent, flip the switch and they are back on the road.

If need be, can you barrow on the 401 and pay it off?

Just my two cents.
    you quoted the wrong guy... whate area of PA are you at??? york area??? i'm 40 miles above philly...

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

If your makeing payments you have to have full coverage or the insurance company tells your lean holder(bank)and they buy full coverage for you at what ever the price they pay and it gets added to the loan so when your done they can say ok now you owe us whatever to get your title valley tried this with me but that was because the insurance contacted them saying I had no full coverage when in fact I did long screaming threatening to sue phone call later and all was resolved but a major pain in the ass

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    If your makeing payments you have to have full coverage or the insurance company tells your lean holder(bank)and they buy full coverage for you at what ever the price they pay and it gets added to the loan so when your done they can say ok now you owe us whatever to get your title valley tried this with me but that was because the insurance contacted them saying I had no full coverage when in fact I did long screaming threatening to sue phone call later and all was resolved but a major pain in the ass
    i'd switch to a new insurance company... they sound like dicks...

Red
    1995 Trans Am 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post

I was born in New Jersey and moved away in 1985. I love to visit the inlaws there (my own parts have passed) for the holidays. Miss the food, the hustle of New York and the radio stations.

What I don't miss is all the goverment regulations and inspection laws there (try replacing your hot water heater and you'll find out all the permits, inspections and manditory upgrades one is forced to make.) Don't get me started on auto inspection!

Enough of me ranting.

Thread Information