Are the Camaro and Firebird quarterpanels the same

This is a discussion on Are the Camaro and Firebird quarterpanels the same within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; A buddy of mine decided to run a red light and get hit by a rav-4 in my 1999 Trans ...

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

Are the Camaro and Firebird quarterpanels the same

A buddy of mine decided to run a red light and get hit by a rav-4 in my 1999 Trans Am, and it just so happen that I had a lapse in my insurance...so they obviously didnt cover it. The only reason that I ask is that it will cost around 3K to fix just the quarterpanel, and the car will never be the same, so I was thinking that I could fine a V6 camaro/firebird that was a manual (b/c mine is a 6speed) and swap pretty much everything over. From the front bumper to the rear, engine, the interior. I know its a huge job...and obviously I'm doing it myself. I just was wondering if the camaro quarterpanel were the same as mine and if the 1993-1997 firebird/camaro will line up too. Or at least point me in a direction of someone who would know. Thanks

Justin

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

camaro/firebird body parts aren't interchangable-primarily because of the lights.

you can use an early 4th gen model rear quarter though; the only thing is, the quarter is part of the body, it's not like detatchable fender

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by jwindbigler View Post
    A buddy of mine decided to run a red light and get hit by a rav-4 in my 1999 Trans Am
    DID YOU KILL HIM? it doesn't sound like you're doing it yourself. sounds like you have a little helper B!tch until it gets looking new again.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    camaro/firebird body parts aren't interchangable-primarily because of the lights.

you can use an early 4th gen model rear quarter though; the only thing is, the quarter is part of the body, it's not like detatchable fender

Right, thats why I was asking what years and what models I can use. I mean to replace that quarterpanel you are talking big $$. I just wasnt sure if the camaro and firebird lights were shaped the same on the quarterpanel.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

Quote Originally Posted by sharptransam View Post
    DID YOU KILL HIM? it doesn't sound like you're doing it yourself. sounds like you have a little helper B!tch until it gets looking new again.
    Nah, I didnt kill him. I wasnt real mad at him anyway. I know that he didnt do it on purpose. And yes he will be helping me with my little project.

Black
    2001 T/A M6

i feel your pain, i let my buddy drive mine because i " thought " i was more drunk then he was, i was wrong... he dumped the clutch snagged 2nd and into the ditch we go, now again i was drunk as hell so i thought it fun at first doing the 360 in the road, but the ditch sobered me up quik, didn't harm it badly as it didn't break anything but it did scratch the hell out of the front valance and flex the paint on it some, biggest thing it did was push my driver side fender against the door, so it poped when i opened it, i pushed it back mostly again no dents but still i was fucking pissed, and hes paying for every last cent of it, and im gona make about $100 off him for doing it to begin with, but he doesn't know that yet
    unfortunatly to my dismay, i bought this car online never even saw it other then pictures it was trailered to me, was only 1 previous owner, who sold it to a dealer ship who i then bought it from 3 days later
    but i did a car fax when i got it and its had pillar damage, if you look close enough you can see where it was wrecked or T-boned it looks like, and the person who fixed it all did a shitty job on the body and paint, but to the naked eye and from a distance its nowhere near noticeable, and these cars are commonly wrecked anyway, only way to be sure is to have bought one new and never sold it, but the interior is in A1, motor clean as a whistle and had 53k on it, now has 57.5k on it, i try not to drive it much, and if i paid the money for it i could get the body 99% back the way it should be but probably won't

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

yeah you are probably right. I found a 95 T/A up in LA with the quarterpanels that I need, so I am going to go up there and get that shell.

Thread Information