Thread: cam

Red
    2002 ws-6 trans am

cam

just got back from fbody beach bash and i have deciced that i next thing for the Trans am is gonna be a cam but not sure which one ive been lookin a the ms3 cams and the trex i have long tubes with ypipe with slp loudmouth exhaust let me know what u think and which one would be the best choice and which will give me more power

Red
    1997 Firebird M5

i have heard great things about both but i think the trex will give you a little more power if im not mistaking. And i have also been told that when you do a cam that it wont be performing at best unless you do heads as well but i'm not quite sure.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

exactly what dave said and dont go too big other wise you will just be a highway car unless you get a good set of heads that will flow good with your cam selection also are you a auto or stick? if your an auto you WILL need a stall convertor no doubt about it. i went with the TSP 228r on a 112 split and could not be happier and i will be even more when i get a chance to put in my convertor. all im saying is do your reasearch before you go buy something that you have only barely read about.
    2000 ss camaro, forged lq9 370 short block, stage 3 PRC 243 heads, fast 102 w, big mouth throttle body, MS3 cam, 1.7 roller rockers, stage 3 t-56, monster stage 3, pro 5.0, 4.10's with moser axles, bmr tq arm, lca's, phb. SOLD (thankfully)!!!

New project: 1968 step-side, partial restore, ls/th400 swap. hopefully boosted pics and more info to come!!!

Having a small cam is like having a small dick, everytime you go to use it you wish it was bigger

White
    1998 Trans Am

I have the ms3 with full bolt ons and a circle d stall and after 50 when the tired hook the car is a beast.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    I have the ms3 with full bolt ons and a circle d stall and after 50 when the tired hook the car is a beast.
    What are the number on the ms3 ryan?

White
    1998 Trans Am

It's 237/242 .603"/.609" with a113+3 LSA

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

JESUS lol thats huge

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Choose a cam that's going to match your stall size, gears, and other mods. Everything must work together.

If your car is a daily driver, good luck on it being street-able with a T-rex cam...it's bigger than the MS3 and people have trouble with the MS3 as a daily driver, unless you have a tuner worth a shit.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Choose a cam that's going to match your stall size, gears, and other mods. Everything must work together.

If your car is a daily driver, good luck on it being street-able with a T-rex cam...it's bigger than the MS3 and people have trouble with the MS3 as a daily driver, unless you have a tuner worth a shit.
    haha i think my 228r is a bitch to drive every day lol id hate to see it with one of those

White
    1998 Trans Am

I only drive my car to work once in a while it's more of a weekend toy or I may have went with a smaller cam, although it drives fine to work and back even in heavy traffic but it took my tuner a few times to get the car just how I wanted it.
    If you want a little better dd cam my friend has a Tourquer V.2 and it's a little smoother and you need less gear and stall to pull power from it.

Thread Information