c6 z06 calipers conversion

This is a discussion on c6 z06 calipers conversion within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; thinkin about puttin them on my 02 t/a has anyone put them on...

black/red
    02transam/06c6corvette

c6 z06 calipers conversion

thinkin about puttin them on my 02 t/a has anyone put them on

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

If your hoping to keep your stock 16" or 17" rims, then not a change. I've upgraded to C5 brakes keeping the stock 17"rims and just have enough clearance. If your still want to install the fixed calipers from a C6 Z06, I suggest making an template of the caliper to rotor profile and look for aftermarket rims that will fit.

black/red
    02transam/06c6corvette

already got the wheels i got 18" in the front and 19" in the rear i just wanna see if anybody has put them on i wanna give my car a more aggressive look with bigger calipers these are the wheels i have

does anyone know what the lowest price would be for the calipers with the rotors

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Sorry I got no info on those calipers but I do have a question what rear are you running to have those wheels on there? Shortened? How wide are those wheels?

Navy Blue, Dark Cherry
    98 M6 TA, 87 A4 TA

look up gmhightechperformance website under "STI Killer" they did the CTS-V calipers with 14" Zo6 rotors on a 4th gen and included part numbers and some prices
    Last edited by TransAmX2; 05-25-2011 at 07:57 AM.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I am in the process of doing the CTS-V swap myself, I don't know how much the c6 z06 caliper swap would cost but for me the cts-v brake swap cost only $664. Also, the c6 z06 calipers aren't well suited for track duty. So if you intend on using them on the track I would go with the cts-v brake swap instead.

black/red
    02transam/06c6corvette

i really just want them for the street and for show not for the track dont want to make it a track car

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Nasario View Post
    i really just want them for the street and for show not for the track dont want to make it a track car
    Ah well for the c6 z06 calipers I believe you have to modify the spindles just so you know, so if you ever want to revert back to stock you will have to get new spindles. That is something to think about, but if you don't mind doing that then you can probably find the calipers on ebay or gmpartsdirect.com, that is where I got my cts-v calipers.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    I am in the process of doing the CTS-V swap myself, I don't know how much the c6 z06 caliper swap would cost but for me the cts-v brake swap cost only $664. Also, the c6 z06 calipers aren't well suited for track duty. So if you intend on using them on the track I would go with the cts-v brake swap instead.
    A lot of people claim this, but I have yet to see any real reason why, other than slightly uneven padlet wear.

My father took his '08 Z06 to a track day on Sunday, and the stock brakes performed flawlessly. No uneven wear, no pulsations, no overheating. There was also a Z06 there that his instructor was driving that had racing seats with harnesses, coilovers, full exhaust with headers, racing tires, all set up for road courses. Still had the stock PBR's and braking from 170MPH for turn 1 (I rode in the car) was still what I would call amazing, he's had no issues whatsoever, and its a track-only car.

I have the CTS-V 4 pistons on my car and they are great, but I see no reason to put down the 6 pot PBR's either. The only real downside is the cost of pads (they are like triple the price of the Brembo pads) and like I said earlier, slightly uneven pad wear, but that can be corrected by going to aftermarket 1-piece pads.

Thread Information