Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Buying a WS.6

This is a discussion on Buying a WS.6 within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; im looking to buy a 1998-2002 WS.6 but i cant find anything. ive looked on craigslist, here, ls1tech, ls1lt1forum, fbodyonline, ...

orange
    1977 Corvette

Buying a WS.6

im looking to buy a 1998-2002 WS.6 but i cant find anything. ive looked on craigslist, here, ls1tech, ls1lt1forum, fbodyonline, auto trader, and ebay but everything on there is usually not what im looking for or outrageously priced. i want the newest black on black M6 WS.6 with the least miles and least mods. can anyone give me any info on other good sites to look for this car? thanks

Red, Pewter
    03 cobra07 street glide

looks like you've about hit them all!

orange
    1977 Corvette

oh and cars.com

Silver
    2000 Trans Am

How much are you looking to spend? There is a black one on ebay with 12,000, M6 black on black for $17,000 I believe, I would spend that, its a perfect car. They are hard to find. All the low mileage ones are too expensive.

Black
    2002 trans am ws6

Be patient!!.. I was looking for the exact same description 2002 black on black ws6 m6 with somewhat low miles took me 2 years to finally save up and actually found one my last day of looking. I was going to start looking for an impulse blue 06 GTO m6 instead but mine actually popped up on ebay believe it or not searching on all the same sites as you are. Drove down to Delaware from NY car had 40k miles and i got it for 13. Something will pop up.

Red, Pewter
    03 cobra07 street glide

wait a bit people will start putting there cars up for sale soon as it is coming up to spring. i am selling my vette right now wanting a newer bike and a ws.6 so im in the same boat as you.

orange
    1977 Corvette

well i just found a 1999 auto trans trans am but its not a ram air. its a dealership only an hour away, 94k miles, asking 8600, there is a dent in the rear quarter panel and i will try to have them take my vette and talk the price down because of that dent. it has a ram air/firehawk hood on it (dont know how to explain it) and i will be driving to work and school alot so i wont have to worry about putting alot of miles on my dream car and navy blue is my 2nd choice for a trans am. and i live in iowa and will be going to cali in a year and a half and taking what ever i have with me so if i get this blue trans am then i will take that. i want a trans am and this one is reasonably priced and i can have a fun, cool car while in high school and still have some fun in a car i enjoy. and who knows, after i get the black one if i get this blue one, i might turn the blue one into a track car or something alike. maybe even a 1000hp garage queen? lol. let me know what you think of this idea though.

Black
    2001 Trans-Am

Yahoomotors, I think it was. Where I found mine. And as someone said, keep looking. Lot of these cars out there with 100k+, low miles not so much, but they do show up from time to time.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Wheredhego; 03-02-2011 at 08:33 PM. Reason: spelling

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

move here, there's too many black WS6s 'round these parts

orange
    1977 Corvette

believe me, my bros live in houston and i love it there. maybe after college...

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

i see a lot of pewters here in houston,.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

ill see a ws6 like once a month here and usually its a stock one with some old man driving it... Theyre rare here, when we go to the track on saturdays im usually the only one there with a ws6 and sometimes the only one with a trans am, theres always a few camaros though..

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

There are 9 WS6's for sale on Oklahoma City Craigslist and 4 of those are black. Might check there.

Black, White
    2001 WS6, 2000 SS Camaro

The way gas prices are going, you will see a lot of them for sale in the summer I am sure. Its sad to when people have to give up a passion because of greedy oil companies and/or politics!

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

i dont care if gas prices are 5 bucks a gallon im not going to sell the car i love over gas, ill just go buy myself a scooter lol

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

I actually found my car on the cars.com app on my phone lol. Took me 3 days, 43k miles, black on black, lowered. Essentially only mod it came with. I was cool with that. Had to drive to IL from NY but that's not too bad, stick to it. You'll find one soon.
    2002 Black/Ebony M6 WS6: Lid, Filter, Smooth Bellow, P&P TB (!Bump Stop), Magnaflow Cat-Back (dumped after the axle), 4.10s, Hypertech ME Tune, eibach springs 4/4, LCA relocating brackets, PHB, free mods, 17" TTMs.

Collector Yellow
    2002 CETA Conv Auto

took me about five years.... had to wait for depreciation to set in!

I went to New Hampshire from Cleveland, the car is not perfect by anymeans, but its more than I had hoped to get.

patience is hard to have for sure.

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by jiveass View Post
    i see a lot of pewters here in houston,.
    in a few short months add my pewter bird to the list in houston LoL!

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I can relate to you,believe me I tried all of those sites also before I found my 3rd bird,it took me a couple of months to find one that was decent all around the board.My search wasnt completly similar because I was searching for a 98-02 Camaro Z28/SS or a regular Trans Am or WS6 I finally found one in dallas,tx I flew there and drove it home,I found a 99 T/A on houston craigslist super clean A4,64,000 miles at spring dodge in spring,tx someone traded it in for a 2010 dodge charger r/t,I had my heart set on that car,but it sold in less than a weeks time LoL! good luck with finding your WS6 take your time because there still are a few NICE ones around

White
    2003 GMC Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by fbodyNATION View Post
    in a few short months add my pewter bird to the list in houston LoL!
    If I get this dark blue T/A I'm looking at, you can add that car to the T/A list in Houston..

On another note, ls1 bandit, keep looking, Im in the same position you are in, in High School getting ready to move out and go to college (Im going to SAM in Houston though, not cali.) and it is hard to find what you want, but if you look for one long enough you'll find something you like

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information