Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To Buy or not to Buy???

This is a discussion on To Buy or not to Buy??? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by lemons12 DAMN IT! some people on here think its the truth though..... There was a kid in ...

Sidewayz Hat Police LS1TransHed's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    DAMN IT!
    some people on here think its the truth though.....
    There was a kid in my Wolfpack Car Club (notice I said WAS) that thought that about the SS vs the Z28 lol.

Spiral Gray
    2004 Auto Corvette

Anyone know what a WS6 hood costs?

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Varies. If you want an oem, buy from somebody. I got mine off of a ws6 on craigslist for $500 which matched my paint. Didn't have to worry about color matching. Can't speak for the aftermarket replicas, although there are some very nice ones.

Red Orange Metallic
    1998 Trans Am 6spd

Cost me $400.00 for an oem hood from 1 of these forums and $1500. to have it installed and repainted and then the whole front of my car was recleared.They did a great job and it looks original.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

Yeah, I would have checked the RPO first, haha. I personally don't like raptor hoods, but I wouldn't see the reason on getting it and not keeping the WS6 hood and then putting the WS6 back on for resale unless something happened to the WS6 hood. Look for three RPO codes : WS9, Y82, and WS6 for a Trans Am WS6.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

...didn't check to see if this was more then a one page thread. Haha, sorry.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by slyTA View Post
    is anyone having issues with the higher mileage? What are the standard repairs? I am in a similar situation trying to find my own TA...
    from what I understand these LS1 engines were built to last, I believe GM did a real quality job on them especially being it was the same engine in their top of the line vette's back in the day, I just stored mine today, Minnesota winters suck! when I parked her for the season the milage hit 99,700 'im second owner and bought it with 40,000 some miles about 5 years ago and really the only maintance I have ever really had to do was new tires and I have had oil and coolant leaks i have had to fix but thats about it, oh and they do get a little squeaky and creaky with age but what do ya expect they are f-bodys LoL -Jason

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information