Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

To Buy or not to Buy???

This is a discussion on To Buy or not to Buy??? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Mieux97 What do I look for on the door RPO sheet? From what I was told...the car ...

  1. #21
    Firebird Encyclopedia 9T8W66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    St. Clair Shores. Michigan
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,605

    Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

    Quote Originally Posted by Mieux97 View Post
    What do I look for on the door RPO sheet? From what I was told...the car was a locally owned car and garaged a lot. The previous owner didn't expose it much to the elements but did make a few mods.
    The RPO sticker list all the options on the car RPO = Regular Production Option
    Example LS1 R7X MN6 Y82 W55....
    You will be looking for the tell tale WS6 code if it's not there the car isn't a real WS6

  2. #22
    Member Mieux97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    614

    White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

    Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    The RPO sticker list all the options on the car RPO = Regular Production Option
    Example LS1 R7X MN6 Y82 W55....
    You will be looking for the tell tale WS6 code if it's not there the car isn't a real WS6
    Gotcha...so how do get ASC# and what mods should i do first? Since the car has pipes I won't touch that anytime soon.

  3. #23
    Junior Member wickbc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28

    Black
    2002 TA WS6 Auto

    did I pay too much??

    I paid 20k for a bone 2002 auto WS6 with only 3,000 miles on it, it still smells like a new car and is in mint condition.

  4. #24
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly+Glenmoore, Pa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,704

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

    Pics of various mentioned cars please!

  5. #25
    Member Mieux97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    614

    White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

    Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    The RPO sticker list all the options on the car RPO = Regular Production Option
    Example LS1 R7X MN6 Y82 W55....
    You will be looking for the tell tale WS6 code if it's not there the car isn't a real WS6
    Well...it's not a ws.6 so I guess i will make it a ws.7

  6. #26
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Mieux97 View Post
    Gotcha...so how do get ASC# and what mods should i do first? Since the car has pipes I won't touch that anytime soon.
    im guess by pipes you mean just a catback...

    Lid
    LT headers Y-pipe with a cutout..
    ls6 intake and ported TB.. or if you want to do it right.. FAST 90/90
    gears
    stall if it is an a4..

    then start working on getting your H/C package picked out

  7. #27
    Member Mieux97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    614

    White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    im guess by pipes you mean just a catback...

    Lid
    LT headers Y-pipe with a cutout..
    ls6 intake and ported TB.. or if you want to do it right.. FAST 90/90
    gears
    stall if it is an a4..

    then start working on getting your H/C package picked out
    As long as the y pipe w/cutout keeps my emissions in tact because we have to have that done here in illinois.

  8. #28
    Firebird Encyclopedia 9T8W66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    St. Clair Shores. Michigan
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,605

    Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

    Quote Originally Posted by Mieux97 View Post
    Well...it's not a ws.6 so I guess i will make it a ws.7

    WS7 is just a badge that means nothing No ofense to anyone that has one but IMO why advertise something that doesn'r exist.

    I don't wish to sound like an Ass but I have a Factory Ram Air Hood and have never tried to pass my car off as a WS6. I have a better suspension Wheels and exhaust set up than a WS6 anyway. I choose to not misrepresent what my car is only becauseI feel it brings down the Hobby and other F-body owners.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

    Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

  9. #29
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    WS7 is just a badge that means nothing No ofense to anyone that has one but IMO why advertise something that doesn'r exist.

    I don't wish to sound like an Ass but I have a Factory Ram Air Hood and have never tried to pass my car off as a WS6. I have a better suspension Wheels and exhaust set up than a WS6 anyway. I choose to not misrepresent what my car is only becauseI feel it brings down the Hobby and other F-body owners.
    ws7 was made for people that did not want to represent.. it is known that a ws7 is a clone.. that way you dont have to put a ws6 badge on it.. its just for looks...

  10. #30
    Firebird Encyclopedia 9T8W66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    St. Clair Shores. Michigan
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,605

    Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    ws7 was made for people that did not want to represent.. it is known that a ws7 is a clone.. that way you dont have to put a ws6 badge on it.. its just for looks...
    I understand that
    WS7 is a legitimate RPO but NOT for the 4th gens.
    Too Me a true Clone would have a WS6 Badge which I wouldn't have a Problem with as long as the Seller doesn't misrepresent the car.
    Obviously this kind of thing happens too many times though and like I said diminishes our Hobby.
    People can do what they want,.... I'm just voicing my opinion.

  11. #31
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    I understand that
    WS7 is a legitimate RPO but NOT for the 4th gens.
    Too Me a true Clone would have a WS6 Badge which I wouldn't have a Problem with as long as the Seller doesn't misrepresent the car.
    Obviously this kind of thing happens too many times though and like I said diminishes our Hobby.
    People can do what they want,.... I'm just voicing my opinion.
    but if they put a ws6 badge on there.... that would be misrepresenting it, because it isnt a clone.. the ws7, lets people know without asking.. has nothing to do with previous models.. hell i didnt even know there was a true ws7...

  12. #32
    Sidewayz Hat Police LS1TransHed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Age
    32
    Posts
    126

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

    I wanna see someone get pissed that someone else has a WS6 badge on their clone lol. IMO, the WS6 is pointless unless u keep the car stock or very mildly modded, not touching any of the parts ASC put on there or really just want to tell everyone u have a WS6. Other than that... waste of money IMO.

  13. #33
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by LS1TransHed View Post
    I wanna see someone get pissed that someone else has a WS6 badge on their clone lol. IMO, the WS6 is pointless unless u keep the car stock or very mildly modded, not touching any of the parts ASC put on there or really just want to tell everyone u have a WS6. Other than that... waste of money IMO.
    your out of your mind.. even after you do a complete drag setup and drop a 408 in it, to both a regular ta and the ws6... the ws6 model is still faster......... what the hell are you on dude...?










    i think its a waste of money too.. pay 2-3k less and buy a 500$ hood and a 50$ badge and put it on there if you want the appearance..

  14. #34
    Member Mieux97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    614

    White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    ws7 was made for people that did not want to represent.. it is known that a ws7 is a clone.. that way you dont have to put a ws6 badge on it.. its just for looks...
    I thought the WS.7 was placed on modified cars the were not originally a WS.6.

  15. #35
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Mieux97 View Post
    I thought the WS.7 was placed on modified cars the were not originally a WS.6.
    yes...

    are you talking engine modified or appearance modified?

    usually if they have altered the appearance a lot, they have modified the engine along with it..

  16. #36
    Member qwk93ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fairfield, Ohio
    Age
    54
    Posts
    944

    Black
    00 WS6

    No PICs yet????

  17. #37
    Member Mieux97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    614

    White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

    Quote Originally Posted by qwk93ta View Post
    No PICs yet????
    Yeah....post #7 will get more today when I can wash the car

  18. #38
    Member qwk93ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fairfield, Ohio
    Age
    54
    Posts
    944

    Black
    00 WS6

    I missed that....We have some type of filter at work that blocks it.

  19. #39
    Sidewayz Hat Police LS1TransHed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Age
    32
    Posts
    126

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    your out of your mind.. even after you do a complete drag setup and drop a 408 in it, to both a regular ta and the ws6... the ws6 model is still faster......... what the hell are you on dude...?




    i think its a waste of money too.. pay 2-3k less and buy a 500$ hood and a 50$ badge and put it on there if you want the appearance..
    Ur getting hot boxed for that joke!


  20. #40
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by LS1TransHed View Post
    Ur getting hot boxed for that joke!

    DAMN IT!




    some people on here think its the truth though.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •