Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bullshit Man!!!

This is a discussion on Bullshit Man!!! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by That Guy 2-1 That sucks dude, how things work out. I would have never paid in full. ...

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy 2-1 View Post
    That sucks dude, how things work out. I would have never paid in full.
    Yeah....I wont do that again.

White

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    I do paint and body work and have a small shop. One bay I use all the time and use a empty bay next door to paint if I need to get 2 out at once. I have some of the best prices around for the My cars look as good as any big shop and better than most dealer shops, but my prices aren't much higher than Maaco. It's just me(paint and body) and a body man and another guy who paints when I get busy. I never ask for more than half down when the car is dropped off. I would never even thing of asking someone for all the money up front then you sound crooked. Never would I take that long on a car. it only takes me a week or less for full paint jobs and around 2 weeks for body kit installs w/ full paint. So there something shady about this place.
    Maaco was the shop that I originally planned on takin my car, but these guys offered to do it for less. We all like deals, so I figured....y not? Never again!! So....you sayin I should have had my car back in like wat....30 days or less right? Also, if he claimed to have ordered the parts already...that doesn't stop me from gettin my money back does it?
    Last edited by Mieux97; 04-06-2009 at 05:50 AM. Reason: additions

White

Quote Originally Posted by MYSCZ06 View Post
    kick your buddy in teh balls
    I'd like to kick his ass!!

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Learn a lesson from this:

1) Never EVER pay money up front for any service(s) period and ALWAYS get a written quote of what is to be done and an estimate.

2) You have every right to have your vehicle returned to you at any point, so long as there is no "mechanic lien" on your car.

You are by far more patient than me. After 1 month I would have gone back and demanded my car on the spot. Take your car, and recoupe as much of the $3k as possible and take your business elsewhere. I hope things work out in your favor..

White
    1998 Trans Am

I would tell him it's too bad if he ordered the parts. the car was supposed to be done months ago. The parts should have been there back then not still in shipment. I would go there and tell him that the car is leaving and the money better be there waiting. I would not take no for an answer. Tell him if you have to go to court to get the money you are going to have to factor in the towing charge to move it to the new shop and the time you have to take off work to deal with going to court and the time it takes to go there and move your car to the new shop. Tell him if he just refunds the cash when you pick up the car that will be the end of it.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

BLACK
    2002 TRANS AM WS6

hi, i went through similar bullshit. my 02 tans am was in the body shop for 11 months. i wrecked it on jan 14th 08 and did not get back until the end of december. i have to take it back in tomorrow for some bad paint work. i feel for ya. i hope i never wreck a car again after whet a body shop can put you through. good luck with your car.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Here's the deal when getting a car repaired.

1. Never ever go to a MAACO!!
    2. Never ever pay in full up front(half down at most).
    3.Always do research, if you like your car at least. Go to the shop and talk to the owner or manager. Ask to see some of the cars they have finished waiting for delivery. Check for any defects in the paint or bodywork. If I have no cars around I have a USB stick with about 80 plus b4 and after pics.
    4. Always get a receipt for any money you give them.
    5. make sure there work has a warranty.
    6. Don't judge a shop by looks. Some shops look fancy but do sub par work, or are small garages like mine in a dirt lot and do work as good if not better than most big name shops.
    7. If your worried about getting the car back ask for it in writing. Any halfway decent shop can get a car out in 30 days or less. Tell them if it takes longer than 30, 45, or 60 days whatever you can agree the car will be released and taken to another shop to be finished and the deposit if any will be returned in full. I new a guy in MA who did that for a few people. he gaurenteed that his truck will be complete in 45 days or less or the truck would be returned with no charge for any work done.
    8. Don't take a nice car to a guy a friend knows who'll do it cheap unless you can verify through other friends that have had work done that he's on the level. Too many people end up getting burned like this.

White

Well...I have been to the shop for the past 3 days and they have been in the mix on my car everytime i have walked thru the door. I always park out of sight so they don't know when I am coming and the shop has no cameras. Its like they have been puttin in overtime since i got pissed and demanded my car!

This shop does good work from what I have seen with cars that have gone thru, but the time that went by and some things done during this whole spat don't make sence. It's still the last time I use this shop and I will refer no one to them.

Also......what's wrong with Maaco

RED
    2002 FORMULA

MAACO is a franchise and the money they have to charge and the paint they have to buy leads them to cut corners. I had a MAACO refuse to paint my car. As soon as they saw it they wouldnt touch it. They painted the rear bumper and shoot with clear cut but not thru any of there specials, turned out excellent, looks factory. Did a great job on my daughters car, only had it 3 days and had a mustang painted there once. It is what it is. Walmart is a good place but you dont go there to buy a custom suit. Same thing.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I worked at a MAACO. Even on nicer cars they charged more on there were too many corners cut. Not to mention for most MAACO's they just hire too many unqualified people to prep the cars so it'll come out looking good and peels off a few months later.

White

Ok.....so yesterday I went to get my car and money outta this janky shop. Instead of putting up a fight like he normally does...he says ok, I will give you $1000 back and you can take it. He asked me to write a note sayin that I picked it up...so I did and in it I stated that it was not a final binding agreement pending the result of the findings at the new shop. The check that he wrote me could not be cashed cuz....get this.....he didn't have enought mony in the bank to cover it......

So I get a tow truck and get it moved to the new shop and when I dropped it of the guys had a look of disgust and said "oh my god!" The first thing he said upon looking at it was that the frame is still bent!! Then he laughed when he saw the rivets in my rt. fender and my hand-written estimate. He told me that he had to piece through all the stuff to see what the damage was and if there was any actuall fix....cool. When I returned the estimated cost was......wait for it........wait for it......$3200!!! That on top of the $2000 that I was STILL out from the previous shop!! So I am thinking "what the hell could possibly add up to $3200?" The new guy says that he has to undo all the work that the old shop did because nothing was done to factory specs, the hood was not properly done, and there was STILL over $600 in parts that needed to be ordered.....HOLY SHIT!!!! That included cutting out the damaged frame, fixing it, and replacing it!!! He says that in 2 weeks or less...my car will look pristine and not to worry because once they get started on thursday, they won't quit til it's done.

The old shop says that he is entitled to the labor that he performed despite having fucked up and stating that if i didn't like the work then i don't pay......B.S.!!!! Now I am going to the new shop to get a copy of the estimate and show the old shop what has to be done. Though he did by some parts...he still needs to give me at least $1000 back...if not, then I am taking him to small claims for all of it!!

Pics are below. Let me know the deal.

Black
    99 WS6

dude you just got screwed...go tell your story to a few lawyers and see what they think about it.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I it were my car and I got it back such as yours is. Then had another place tell me they had to redo or undo the previous shops work, it would take a small army for me to not take a ball bat to the guy. You should do more than take this guy to court. I'd find it hard not to try and shut the guy down just to keep him from doing this to someone else. Think about it, if he has a business and no money in the bank, the word was most likely spread about the kind of work his shop does. A good shop makes money, and has money to spend ALWAYS.. Sorry you and your car got shafted man. Good luck at the new place, hope to see some pics of when she's beutifull again.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Black
    99 WS6

burn the motherhumper down

White

He claims the new shop is charging too much for paint labor(16.4 hrs for $600). I then asked him how much time did he actually spend on my car, to which, he had no answer. At $50 per labor hr for the $1000 he wants to keep for labor...that's 20 hrs for which I don't see an ounce of positive progress.

Black
    1995 Firebird

Contact the BBB and the local news station to raise hell.

This is exactly why I would rather give painting my own car a try (granted yours was wrecked) than deal with bs like this. Sucks man.

White
    1998 Trans Am

That gives people with small shops like mine a bad name. I would forget about just the $1000. Take him to court for everything. Get a separate estimate from the new shop for the cost to fix the old shops sub par work and take hime to court for the $2000 paid plus the cost to fix the damage he did by not properly fixing things. The only money he is entiteled to is the cost for the parts ordered that he gave you. That is only if he has the receipts to prove it ohtherwise you will get it all. Ask a lawyer if you can also get any extra for inconvience and B.S. since it has been this long and all he did was make the car worse.

White

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird Phoenix View Post
    Contact the BBB and the local news station to raise hell.

This is exactly why I would rather give painting my own car a try (granted yours was wrecked) than deal with bs like this. Sucks man.
    Yeah....I wouldn't mind trying that, but I don't have a garage to keep my car in Always wanted to try that tho.

White

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    That gives people with small shops like mine a bad name. I would forget about just the $1000. Take him to court for everything. Get a separate estimate from the new shop for the cost to fix the old shops sub par work and take hime to court for the $2000 paid plus the cost to fix the damage he did by not properly fixing things. The only money he is entiteled to is the cost for the parts ordered that he gave you. That is only if he has the receipts to prove it ohtherwise you will get it all. Ask a lawyer if you can also get any extra for inconvience and B.S. since it has been this long and all he did was make the car worse.
    One thing in common with small, mid-size and large shops is that if the work is good, then the work is good. I am all for people trying to make a living of they can put out the goods/services. I have the estimate from the new shop and they told me that $3200 was a deal for the amount of work that has to be done which includes undoing ALL the work of the previous shop and then starting over. The new shop told me that the old shop basically butchered the car!! I am goin to the shop today to let him know the deal.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Hopefully it all works out good from now on. I take pride in my work and tring to get cars out on time. Some cars run a few days over but nothing like that. Also I don't do cars with damage like yours because to do it right you need a real frame rack to pull out the damage not just a winch or whatever else some butcher shops use. Also you need a good computerized measuring system to make sure all of the frame is within spec at once. All of those cost money and too many small shops take on jobs they can't handle. If they want me to do the work I want them to take it and have the frame pulled 1st and i want the printout before it's dropped off so I can double check it. I have pulled frames and it's not physically hard but you have to pay alot of attention to those sensors so you don't over pull or damage a good part of the car.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information