Build Number

This is a discussion on Build Number within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Does anyone no were me and I'm sure a bunch of other guys and girls here can get there cars ...

Blue
    02 Trans Am WS6

Build Number

Does anyone no were me and I'm sure a bunch of other guys and girls here can get there cars build number from. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

On the RPO door sticker.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

If you are talking about the ASC number, we have a thread you can post your VIN in for an answer. Let me see if I can find it...

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Looks like the OP in that thread has vacated and the thread was locked a while back. Do you know anyone that works at a GM dealership? They can run the info for you quite easily.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

The VIN# should contain the sequence build number.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    The VIN# should contain the sequence build number.
    How and where?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Call SLP in NJ. They gave me all my car info from the VIN #.
    It's on jackstands.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

This will give you some info (link to GM site): http://service.gm.com/dealerworld/vincards/

The "sequence build number" is simply the last 6 digits of the VIN. This number is a running count of the cars built that year.

Blue
    02 Trans Am WS6

pajeff i tried looking in the sticky area and the guy who used to give out the ASC numbers is gone and i dont no anyone at a dealership wish i did. and 35thannss if i just call and speak to them they would give me the info our are they gunna try to sell me something? Well one way to find out and pajeff that last link u posted was very informal thanks very much guys appreciate the help.

Blue
    02 Trans Am WS6

I used the vin number reader u sent although helpful didnt help me figure out the actual build number. What sort of info does the RPO give u? The build number is something ive been trying to get for bout three years now cant seem to find someone to help me get it. Its not a big deal but its something an enthusiast would like to have. If i do stumble upon mine i would like to get a plaque made or something along those lines or some how incorperate it into the car. 350z nismos put the number by the shifter thats a cool idea.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Just call them lol. They won't try to sell you anything... least they didn't 10 years ago. They gave me my SS build date and the 35th LE build date/#. I later bought my car's birth certificate from them and had it framed.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The RPO codes list all the options that your car was equipped with from the factory. We have a sticky that lists all the codes and tells you what they mean.

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Just call them lol. They won't try to sell you anything... least they didn't 10 years ago. They gave me my SS build date and the 35th LE build date/#. I later bought my car's birth certificate from them and had it framed.
    I believe the OP is looking for the ASC# (conversion # and date) for his WS6 T/A. SLP only touched the '96-'97 WS6s, so they won't be of any help w/ a LS1 WS6 (and the story I've heard was that SLP is of no use for the '97s they built because they were pissed for losing the WS6 contract to ASC in '98 and stopped tracking build#s for the '97 WS6s). Nice of SLP to take out their incompetence on their customers.

There are a few people who have access to ASC's records. I can look up the ASC# for '98 WS6s as long as it is NOT for a red or black car. For the other years, there's a sticky on that other LS1-related site where occasionally someone will hook-up a few WS6 owners w/ their ASC#, but its usually a hit-or-miss-or-wait game. Apparently the majority of the ASC build records are hardcopy and nobody has invested the time to digitize or catalog them, so they aren't easily shared.

The VIN only provides the assembly line sequence #. GM has never tracked or correlated ASC#s w/ VIN#s, so dealerships cannot provide an ASC#.

The RPO codes list all the options that your car was equipped with from the factory. We have a sticky that lists all the codes and tells you what they mean.
    RPO codes won't contain any info that would help look up the ASC#.
    Last edited by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag; 07-09-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

Blue
    02 Trans Am WS6

Thanks guys for the help and ss I would frame my window sticker as well if I could ever find it. Asc # would b really cool to. It's dissapointing but still appreciate the help.
    I could sit idle sooner or later someone will come out of the blue and help us again till then ill keep searching thanks everyone.

Pontiac Builds Excitement Silverbird01's Avatar

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Pontiac TransAm WS6

I would really like to find out what my '02 WS6 ASC # is.
    I thought someone at one time had this info. I know these cars are getting old but you would think the info would still be out there. I guess we will keep on waiting, maybe something will come up in the future.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I heard somewhere that a lot of the records were lost in a fire. I am still hopeful, though.

Red
    1995 Trans Am 6 Speed

This may help. Contact PHS (PHS Historic Services.) They have all the build sheets/ build invoice going back to 1961. Pontiac turned over all their build invoice information when the division was shut down. For $ 65 you receive copies of the factory billing history and production information specific to your model and year. I used them when verifying second gen Firebirds as valid Trans Ams several years ago and the information is confirmation (based on VIN) of what it was built as, color and options. This may help you with the ASC question.

Thread Information