Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

red
    2001 pontiac WS6

Brighter headlights

does anyone know where to get BRIGHT EFFIN lights cuz the sylvanias just arent doing it for me...i like to see whats in front of me. Ive looked for the silver star ultras and cant find those anywhere.

White
    1998 Trans Am

HID's

Only way to get decent lights on a TA is to get the headlight conversion and a set of HID's. I did the low beam and for lights with a 6k set up.
    You can get the housings for low and high if you wanna do both at
    eurolampsdotcom
    As far as the HID kits I have gotten all mine off ebay for between $60 and $70 per kit.
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 04-17-2010 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Please don't provide direct links to non sponsors
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

maybe your headlamps need to be re-aimed.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6 m6

Is there anywhere that sells a full conversion kit for Headlights, turn signals, and fog lights?

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Stay away from ebay kits, trust me
    Last edited by Cutlass; 04-17-2010 at 09:25 AM. Reason: business advertisements by businesses who do not sponsor LS1.com is not allowed

White
    1998 Trans Am

Hid's

Quote Originally Posted by dennis ss View Post
    Stay away from ebay kits, trust me
    I've ordered over 20 sets of HID's from ebay and have no problems with them 2 new digitals and the rest are the old sttle with the larger ballest which I actually prefer. The 2 sets in my TA(almost 2yrs old), 1 set in my Trailblazer(almost 3yrs old), and 1 set in my gf's Tiburon(6months old), and a dual HID in my 93 5.0LX vert. Also I haven't had any complaints from any customers who got them installe while I was painted their cars and doing headlight swaps. Anymore than $75 a set and your paying to much. Just make sure when you order from ebay use a US seller and check the feedback. I have ordered most of mine from 2 sellers and no issues at all.

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

find a seller you can trust then maybe. I'm in the process of sponsoring LS1.com so I cant give you my info but when something goes wrong and it will, trying to return ebay kits is a real pain because they have to go to the manufacturer back in china, and that can take a while if you ever see them again. The cost of a quality made HID kit is expensive, especially the equipment to make and test the quality of the product. You get what you pay for and there is a huge difference in a 40.00 kit and a 170.00 dollar kit from an honest supplier. Im not knocking you in any way and I'm glad your having good luck with your kits. Just passing info I have learned in this buisness for the past 10 years
    2002 Camaro SS/M6. Volant CAI, 80mm TB w/spacer, cat delete w/ ory, borla XR-1 w/ cme, custom tune, 3.73's, 8,000k HID headlights and foglights, 19" staggered ruff 278 wheels.

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme_rob View Post
    Is there anywhere that sells a full conversion kit for Headlights, turn signals, and fog lights?
    HID's can only be done on your headlights and fog lights.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

There is a seller who makes a HID projector kit for LS1 firebirds/trans am, BLS HID kit. He's a sponsor at the tech.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I find alot of shops locally that say their kits are better because they cost more but the only thing I've found is if you look close some people sell the same brand kit you can get on eBay but at their store it's more expensive. Also as far as things going wrong I've put alot of hid kits in at my shop now and did some at a friends shop when I used to build custom boxes for subs and custom neon and strobe lights. I have yet to have any hid kit I've installed go bad, not sure what happened with yours. Even the kits for TA's which aren't plug and play for the low beam as long as you install it properly you won't have any issues as long as you get them from a is seller on eBay with good feedback rating. Most of the hid kit's I have fixed were because people were installing them poorly. Plug and play like the Camaro kit's are easy all you have to do is mount the ballast in a good location and keep your wiring away from any moving or how parts of your motor. Just take your time and install it right and it won't matter if it's a $70 kit or a $200 kit. Now the new higher wattage hid kits are more money. If I remember right their 59 watts instead of 35watts. I have all 35 watt 6000k kits and there bright enough for me.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Oh and don't worry if the kit doen't cost $150 or more. Think of it like buying a used car dealers have more overhead like a store and eBay is like a private seller with little to no overhead and you can get a cheaper deal. Their is also paypal if you happened to get a bum set from chiding a bad seller it's not hard to get your cash back from them.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I've personally seen 2 ebay kits that went bad quickly. One was a friend and one was a customer are our shop. Both were DIY installs so maybe they were at fault but I'm not sure.

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    I find alot of shops locally that say their kits are better because they cost more but the only thing I've found is if you look close some people sell the same brand kit you can get on eBay but at their store it's more expensive. Also as far as things going wrong I've put alot of hid kits in at my shop now and did some at a friends shop when I used to build custom boxes for subs and custom neon and strobe lights. I have yet to have any hid kit I've installed go bad, not sure what happened with yours. Even the kits for TA's which aren't plug and play for the low beam as long as you install it properly you won't have any issues as long as you get them from a is seller on eBay with good feedback rating. Most of the hid kit's I have fixed were because people were installing them poorly. Plug and play like the Camaro kit's are easy all you have to do is mount the ballast in a good location and keep your wiring away from any moving or how parts of your motor. Just take your time and install it right and it won't matter if it's a $70 kit or a $200 kit. Now the new higher wattage hid kits are more money. If I remember right their 59 watts instead of 35watts. I have all 35 watt 6000k kits and there bright enough for me.
    Im just sayin I have been installing hid kits before they were plug and play and I'm just tryin to pass along good advice, thats all. And fyi, the wattage of the ballast does not control the brightness of the bulb, the wattage was increased on newer kits so they dont throw error codes on cars like mercedes, ferrari, ect. Just because you have a us seller doesnt mean you dont have a kit from china, and china kits suck. Try a kit from germany and you will never go back. You have to watch out for shops because they buy ebay crap kits and charge the customer double the cost.

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    I've personally seen 2 ebay kits that went bad quickly. One was a friend and one was a customer are our shop. Both were DIY installs so maybe they were at fault but I'm not sure.
    The kits that are plug and play are impossible to install wrong, you cant hook up the wires backwards and you dont have to ground anything. They were victims of cheap 40.00 china crap kits. lol

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM

dont buy from ebay seller supervtech..process was fine and kits were perfect but when a bulb went out he said to send it for warranty and its been 4 months havent even heard back from him and ive sent many emails after the first month i just bought two new bulbs from him and left horrible feed back 2 bulbs for 20 isnt bad anyways

White
    1998 Trans Am

I had to return one ballast and got a new one within a week. Idiot didn't wanna pay me an extra $40 to install them since he has the same tiburon as my gf and it's a pain getting the ps light out because of the washer fluid neck. Needless to say he dropped it seveal times and it wasn't working right when he finally got it in, luckily it was a seller I bought kits from alot so he swapped it even though it was banged up.

BTW just because it's plug and play does mean you can't screw it up. Wiring is snapped toghter but most of the times people are having flickering issues or one won't come on right away is because the moron forgot to secure the ballast. I once saw one get stuck between the pipes on a set of headers on a truck. Something even zip ties could have prevented. Needles to say I didn't sell him his kit so he had to get it fixed from the store he bought the kit from. They noticed the ballast and told him it was install error and they weren't warrantying it, can blame them. I only warranty my paint work and any mods I do if you take anything home to do it yourself no warranty unless it is still like new and within a few days otherwise that's why people make money doing stereo's, alarms, and lighting because some people know there limitation. I get moron who buy a $100 compressor and a paint gun at lowes and paint there car in their garage or yard and come to me to find out why it looks so bad then get insulted when I have to charge more to remove the mess they made instead of just coming to me 1st and having it done right. I have fixed more than one peeling MAACO job, funny since I worked at one and quit after a week. I just can't bring myself to do sht work and have my name attached to it in anyway at all.

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    I had to return one ballast and got a new one within a week. Idiot didn't wanna pay me an extra $40 to install them since he has the same tiburon as my gf and it's a pain getting the ps light out because of the washer fluid neck. Needless to say he dropped it seveal times and it wasn't working right when he finally got it in, luckily it was a seller I bought kits from alot so he swapped it even though it was banged up.

BTW just because it's plug and play does mean you can't screw it up. Wiring is snapped toghter but most of the times people are having flickering issues or one won't come on right away is because the moron forgot to secure the ballast. I once saw one get stuck between the pipes on a set of headers on a truck. Something even zip ties could have prevented. Needles to say I didn't sell him his kit so he had to get it fixed from the store he bought the kit from. They noticed the ballast and told him it was install error and they weren't warrantying it, can blame them. I only warranty my paint work and any mods I do if you take anything home to do it yourself no warranty unless it is still like new and within a few days otherwise that's why people make money doing stereo's, alarms, and lighting because some people know there limitation. I get moron who buy a $100 compressor and a paint gun at lowes and paint there car in their garage or yard and come to me to find out why it looks so bad then get insulted when I have to charge more to remove the mess they made instead of just coming to me 1st and having it done right. I have fixed more than one peeling MAACO job, funny since I worked at one and quit after a week. I just can't bring myself to do sht work and have my name attached to it in anyway at all.
    I agree, you cant warranty something you did not install. You should see the stuff I have to fix from crappy shops or people with no common sense. lol

White
    1998 Trans Am

I paint cars and do custom neon and led installs and some HID's for people coming in for paint work or replacing headlights. I know how to do motor work since you have to be able to pull and replace a motor if you repairing a front end collision. I still take my car to my friends shop when I want actual motor work done. I had him do my LS6 intake, pulleys, and tune up sunce I don't have as many differnt sockets extensions and swivels as him to get those fun plugs out. I did my Volant, MAF, P&P throttle body, ect.. But he's doing the cam, stall, and then the NOS and heads. I leave real mechanic work to him and he sends me his customers and his car to me for paint work. Some people gotta know when to leave things alone.

silver
    98 firebird formula

theres a conversion kit that takes away the pop up headlights and replaces them with projector headlights its on octanemotorsports.com

White
    1998 Trans Am

I've looked at those but they seem expensive for such a cheap looking kit. I'd love to ditch the flip ups but something about that seems like it'd only look good with a raptor, stock, or firehawk hood. Seems like it would look outta place with a WS6 hood. They look like some cheap foglights under a piece of plexiglass.

Thread Information