Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Brighter headlights

This is a discussion on Brighter headlights within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; they are a little on the pricey side for sure.. but they were the most legit looking ones i could ...

silver
    98 firebird formula

they are a little on the pricey side for sure.. but they were the most legit looking ones i could find, and id much rather pay that much and have them fit perfect then to pay 200$ and get them off of ebay and have to mess with them for 6 days just to get them to fit.. lol

White
    1998 Trans Am

$200 for what? A kit to replace the whole flip up or just get some lenses for the flip ups with bulbs you can replace?
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

silver
    98 firebird formula

oh i just threw 200$ out there saying i would rather buy something expensive and if fit right and work properly, then buy something off say ebay or what not and have to tinker with it.

silver
    98 firebird formula

and i think hes looking for either a conversion kit to replace flip ups, or brighter bulbs and lenses for the flip ups.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I bought the lenses for the flip ups and a HID kit and spent under $200 and they look stock till I turn them on and their bright and white.

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by ftb28 View Post
    theres a conversion kit that takes away the pop up headlights and replaces them with projector headlights its on octanemotorsports.com
    Be careful with conversion projector headlights. They normally use a fog light bulb as an H3 or H1 and the light output is horrible even with an HID kit. Open headlights are way brighter.

black
    2002 trans am ws6

I have the hids I believe they warm up and brighten up in about 30 sec. I just got the car and it came thatg way but my fog lamps are still the same old dull color. Where is a good place to find the matching fog lamps.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I get mine off ebay but if you bought the car with the hid's and don't know the color temp your probably best going somewhere local 1st to have them tell you whay color temp you have and if the price is good get them their and that way if they got the color wrong you cab just have them swap the bulbs out for the right one.
    6000K diamond white just minor blue look
    8000k is got a little more blue to it
    10000k deep blue is like a real blue color
    Those are the ones I generally see in cars. I have seen some car that have purple or pink but those are rarely used. Theyre is also a yellow but those are usually only sed in fogs though I have seen a civic with yellow headlights.

arctic white
    99 Trans am

I got my 35w 6000k hid's for my fogs from ddmtuning, I like them. Also just put kmc truck housings in today they are plug and play and allow you to use 9006 bulbs these housings have much better light control than the eurolights housings I was using. Gonna order some 55w hid's for the lows tonight.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I'd like to see a pic of a 55w in one and 35w in the other to see how big the difference is. I know the 35w are bright in my dd Trailblazer and TA but I need some HID's for my 93 5.0 and I may go with 55w for it.

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    I'd like to see a pic of a 55w in one and 35w in the other to see how big the difference is. I know the 35w are bright in my dd Trailblazer and TA but I need some HID's for my 93 5.0 and I may go with 55w for it.
    I promise you the wattage in the ballast does not affect the brightness of the bulb. The wattage rating is what is being pulled from the factory harness. Alot of cars would throw codes because a factory bulb is 55w and the the vehicles computer would think there was an error when a 35w ballast was used. The computer would think there was a power issue. The 55w ballasts pull the proper wattage so there are less problems with touchy vehicles, like chryslers

silver
    2000 formula

i wanted some brighter lights...........got the sylvania XTRAVISION......its the brightest sealed beam they have for the f bods.......got em at auto zone

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by dennis ss View Post
    I promise you the wattage in the ballast does not affect the brightness of the bulb. The wattage rating is what is being pulled from the factory harness. Alot of cars would throw codes because a factory bulb is 55w and the the vehicles computer would think there was an error when a 35w ballast was used. The computer would think there was a power issue. The 55w ballasts pull the proper wattage so there are less problems with touchy vehicles, like chryslers
    Haven't run into any problems with the 35watt kits yet but I know a friend of mine ordered some for his Mercedes and it came with an extra parts he said that is supposed to keep it from throwing codes. So far all the cars I have done are chevys, hyundias, nissans, pontiacs, and a few mustangs( I have the bi-xenon for my 93 insead of the single beam or single beam with the little fog light looking bulb for the high beam that you can barely see when it's on).

arctic white
    99 Trans am

After some research I saw there wasn't much difference between 35w and 55w so I ordered the 35W lows at least they'll match the fogs.
    Here are some pics of the housings I put in
    New housings on left eurolights in middle and stock on right.

They plugged right into the stock connector

9006 housings on passenger side vs eurolights on drivers side using halogen bulbs.

Not good pics but they are brighter can't wait to put the hid's in

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information