Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

brand new and im full of questions!

This is a discussion on brand new and im full of questions! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; http://www.gmhightechperformance.com.../photo_04.html...

white
    2002 z28

ALRIGHT NOW wont u listen

though you cant hear..
    i love you sweet leaf!!!

yes ive been reading and studing for over an hour now, seems from these mods, tb bypass+complete CAI overhaul+descreening+porting the tb they only gained 10hp at the wheels..which i guess isnt bad for free, it said to remove the radiator suport brackets and something else..can someone colabarate on that?

btw, thoes people took a stock t/a with all sorts of options and an auto trans...and ran a 13.4.......why did my fathers (almost exact same car) only run a 14.2? kinda a big difference there...... theirs also made 292hp at the wheels stock where as my father in laws made 262....dude where did the 30 hp go???? the millage on the 2 cars were close as well.

oh and should i start a new thread or keep on this one?
    and also how much weight does having convertible add over solid or t-tops, this base car in that dyno was T top where "mine" is convert. mabey thats why...doesnt explain 30hp gone tho.....and thats 30hp AT THE WHEELS!
    Last edited by bad boy 99; 09-04-2007 at 06:29 PM.

white
    2002 z28

well there are differnt dynos out there, that can not be 100 % accurate from what i heard, and verts are lil heaveiryer but that should not mess with dyno numbers. and for the ET #;s for the magizine car and your father in law car, there is probly sooooo many factors. air, condition of track, car itself, alltitude, some cars are just faster then others from the factrory, but most of all its the DRIVER..

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by bad boy 99 View Post

btw, thoes people took a stock t/a with all sorts of options and an auto trans...and ran a 13.4.......why did my fathers (almost exact same car) only run a 14.2? kinda a big difference there...... theirs also made 292hp at the wheels stock where as my father in laws made 262....dude where did the 30 hp go???? the millage on the 2 cars were close as well.

oh and should i start a new thread or keep on this one?
    and also how much weight does having convertible add over solid or t-tops, this base car in that dyno was T top where "mine" is convert. mabey thats why...doesnt explain 30hp gone tho.....and thats 30hp AT THE WHEELS!
    its a common question. the reason why ls1's dyno so differently is simple actually. in a nutshell its becuase of gm's high build tolerances for the engines. theses tolerances arent exact but ls1's had a build tolerence of .001 of a inch. compared to lets say ferrari who hand builds their engines and have a tolerance of .00001 of a inch i believe. so ferrari's dyno almost all the same. compared to ls1's that can range from 262-320 to the wheels. i hope this explains it. also like greatwhite said...the conditions play a vital part..as do the type of dyno..a mustang dyno will dyno lower numbers while a dynojet will dyno higher numbers...also the tunner must adjust your dyno numbers for temp and altitude

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Huh? I am a new member. I found the obvious redundancy in people not attempting to search through threads at all a just start the same new ones. Your message made little to no sense. I commented on the restarting of very similar past threads not hijacking so i did "follow what I preach". So, starting a new one...how do you do it?
    under the section you want to make a new thread..look for the button on the very top of the menu area..right before it lists all the threads...and its in the upper right corner..i believe it is red..and says new thread..that is how you do it...it took me awhile to find it.

though you cant hear..
    i love you sweet leaf!!!

i see i see...well thats just sucky that he ended up getting a very low hp T/A , makes sence tho, also he had his car weighed, it weighed 3922lbs with him and 50lbs of golf gear, remove him and gear and empty it still weighs a stagering 3740, this test car weighed, what was it 3486 empty fully loaded with t-tops, we acually had it weighed at a rock corry and at the dyno place he brought it to, the dyno weighed it in at 3890, so its acurate around there..boy that thing is heavy!, sorry im being so specfic on everything, i get that way, i kinda have "OCD" i need to make sure everything is correct and works perfectly lol

98' trans am

no its fine. dont worry about it..yea our cars are pigs but damn are they fast and mean..so i like to think of them as boars

white
    2002 z28

dont really concentrate on dyno numbers, sure there great , and cool for bragging rights, but when track time comes, that all that really matters

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhiteZ28 View Post
    dont really concentrate on dyno numbers, sure there great , and cool for bragging rights, but when track time comes, that all that really matters
    500 horsepower is no good if the driver cant use it...thats why you can see cars with 400 or less take down a 500+ car....its mostly about the driver.

though you cant hear..
    i love you sweet leaf!!!

yeah i was acually suprised, im weird and like to use the online hp calculator (which is VERY acurate i see) and it sais that in order for a 3900 lb car to run a 14.2 it needs 268hp to the wheels, it dynoed 262..so thats very close IMO, hey anyone taken their car to the track and know how much it weighs? AND had it dynoed. you can shoot me weight and ET and il be able to get you your RWHP withen 6hp garenteed? hehe anyone?, i used in on my fiero when i bought it, it (had) the stock 2.8 produced 110 rwhp and weighed 2750 with me in it, calculator said it would run a 16.5...guess what it ran a 16.5 lol, same goes with my mopar minivan..yes i just said that, calc said 16.4, it acually ran a 16.4..hehe good stuff im telling you, i know it cant posibly compensate for all of the varibles..but its been right on everytime so far.

98' trans am

yea i believe it takes baselines ..since for about every 100 pounds you lose .1 and takes around 10 hp to compensate for it..thats usually the standard

though you cant hear..
    i love you sweet leaf!!!

well with an auto with 295's out back all you have to do is stomp the gas and your off lol..or i guess you can break tq it to TC specs and launch better...difference between me and him...but i weigh 60lbs more than him...so our et was the same lol.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by bad boy 99 View Post
    well with an auto with 295's out back all you have to do is stomp the gas and your off lol..or i guess you can break tq it to TC specs and launch better...difference between me and him...but i weigh 60lbs more than him...so our et was the same lol.
    yup and of course...the 60' will tell the story.

though you cant hear..
    i love you sweet leaf!!!

yes that is very true my 60ft anaolated his lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information