Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Body kits for a T/A

This is a discussion on Body kits for a T/A within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I guess homeboy,what ever u say...

Red
    2000 Z28 Camaro M6

I guess homeboy,what ever u say

Post Gimme a break!!

What happened to this thread?! I'm not sure about you guys but I come on here to relax and talk smack about cars with 1/4 of my horsepower.....and well, body kits that make my head hurt just to think about them. Trash talk has its place but we're better than that. Trash talk is what the rice crowd does; before we arrive and after we leave! We're driving the last of the breed and we should be proud ambassadors as we represent American muscle.
    <Copilot> to <Griswald>://"Hey man, better back it off or we're gonna be hooking it tonight!"\\//<Griswald> to <Copilot>://"Is that an aircraft carrier?!"

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Hes right be proud LS1 drivers and remember if your ever afraid of losing a race just remember there more afraid of you than you are of them. The name Trans Am and the letters SS strike fear into the hearts of all RICERS.

Arctic White Hardtop
    '98 Formula M6

Actually not really, most ricers are just stupid and extremely ignorant. If we drove Ferraris they'd still go after us.

I think you get the picture...

Pewter
    99 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Formula View Post
    Actually not really, most ricers are just stupid and extremely ignorant. If we drove Ferraris they'd still go after us.

so true, he has a point!! lol. but the thing is most ricers need blowers or something we are all natural baby, unless you have something done to your car but mainly we can beat a lot of cars stock for stock.

question though who would win a stage II ion redline or my stock 99 LS1

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

The LS1 I would think. It would be a pretty good race. But he probably still has those tiny tires in the front. He shouldnt get too much grip out of the hole.

Arctic White Hardtop
    '98 Formula M6

both drivers suck.

Pewter
    99 Formula

yeah he just got new tires so they are probably better than stock ones, but he wants to race from a roll of 40??? i was like well i want a race from stop lol, but even if i raced from 40 what would you say???

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

why would anyone put a body kit on a trans am...... .. that's like covering a diamond with coal... the T/A was meant to be what it is.. and it's just heavenly that way! Now... the red V6 that's a different story... it didn't start life as a trans am.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '02 Trans Am WS6

I like the style and technology imports have, I just dont like the fact they forgot to give them some balls. Body kits are cool in my opinion as long as they have function and style to them. Body kit or not, its still one of the baddest, sexiest muscle cars america has ever produced and no ricer can touch that. We all have the same goal, feed our ego's with the blood of imports.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by lady_hot_rod View Post
    thats absolutely disturbing, someone was not thinking when they decided to try and make a muscle car look like import junk! thats depressing someone should be shot!
    Look who's talking. Decals (or God forbid those flames are painted on) and that wing are a page straight from the ricer hand book. Please don't buy a Trans Am, I would hate to see it ruined.

As for body kits (ground effects in this case), any kit that the design is made for multiple makes and models doesn't look right on each of them. The ground effects for the Camaro's from the factory look so good because they were designed specifically for that car. Everything else looks tacky unless you get something that flows with the lines and characteristics of the car, and then spend the time and effort to fiberglass it all in to eliminate lines and make it looks like it belongs.

Red
    2000 Z28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by 2000_Black_WS6 View Post
    Look who's talking. Decals (or God forbid those flames are painted on) and that wing are a page straight from the ricer hand book. Please don't buy a Trans Am, I would hate to see it ruined.

As for body kits (ground effects in this case), any kit that the design is made for multiple makes and models doesn't look right on each of them. The ground effects for the Camaro's from the factory look so good because they were designed specifically for that car. Everything else looks tacky unless you get something that flows with the lines and characteristics of the car, and then spend the time and effort to fiberglass it all in to eliminate lines and make it looks like it belongs.
    I agree with u 100%

yellow
    2002 CETA

Sorry, I dissagree with both of you! If someone wants to customize their car they should be able to without everyone giving them a bunch of crap. I do agree with people overdoing it and totally "importing" their cars but at least these ones are American. Take a look at the first page of this thread at Runn Ws7's car! He modified the ground effects and rims and I think he did an excellent job!

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Runn has done alot of things to his T/A that I absolutely love, and has spent endless hours of personal custom work. Especially those fog lights, still haven't uncovered that secret yet if they are PIAA or whatnot. Anyways, I still hate it when people put wings other than the T/A wing on the back of those cars, looks TERRIBLE! Point is, you can only do so many effortless appearance upgrades before you go too far. If you want to fiberglass a ground effect kit that matches the lines of the car and looks right, by all means go ahead.

However, if you want that lower to the ground sleek look... LOWER THE CAR. Buy a good set of lowering springs that also improve your handling performance. Two benefits for the price of one, it can't be beat.

Arctic White Hardtop
    '98 Formula M6

http://www.kgsengineering.com/vizage...t-p-15105.html

I like this kit.

Does anyone know if this will fit on a Formula, even though it says its for TA?
    Last edited by Secret Formula; 04-13-2007 at 07:11 PM.

artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Formula View Post
    http://www.kgsengineering.com/vizage...t-p-15105.html

I like this kit.

Does anyone know if this will fit on a Formula, even though it says its for TA?
    I'm not sure if it will fit a Formula, the first kit arrived about 2 weeks ago. The company needed to test fit one a TA, and then the specs were sent back to the manufacturer for production. 40 sets may be in the first of May to mid May. Will have to see, I've had one on order since Nov. There is another co. that has them at a better deal than KGS. KGS wants $175.00 for shipping, the other co. is not a sponser but they will price match and only $50.00 shipping. So check around .

pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

That would be way to low to the ground.

black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by lady_hot_rod View Post
    Click for full size

Click for full size

there ya go BIGGER oh and there are more on my myspace!
    the wing has got to go
    UMI sfc,whisper lid,k-n,diablo,shift kit,kooks long tubes-N-y-pipe,Borla 3" cat-back,power bond underdrive pulley,msd wires,front- baer gt brakes, slotted and drilled rotors , braided lines,tuned and dyno'd.345 HP and 354 torque

Red
    2000 Z28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    the wing has got to go
    Come on its not that bad,HAHAHA

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information