Blinker problem

This is a discussion on Blinker problem within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; This is probably a stupid question but I can just not find the relay. Both of my blinkers wont blink, ...

Lc, FLA

2001 Pontiac Trans Am

Blinker problem

This is probably a stupid question but I can just not find the relay.
    Both of my blinkers wont blink, the light comes one and if i move the lever manually I can make them flash.
    I have replaced the bulbs about a week before the problem started. I read the Haynes and it said the replace the relay. It says it is a cylindrical silver plug located under the left side of the dash, however, I cannot find it to save my life.
    I have a 2001 Trans Am.

Any help is appreciated!

BLACK & red stripes
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

It's located on the right side of the steeting wheel under the dash close to the centre console.Unscrew the hatch under the steering wheel and you have access to the flash relay.

Gold Member - fadjur
    Melbourne, FL (the other Melbourne)
    2002 Trans Am Convertible

demon in the electrical system....???

have someone outside the car check your emerg. flashers lights - do they work? check your rear turn lights - do they light up? I thought mine was flashing the same way BUT the bulbs really were not.

does the green arrow come on and stay lit?

did you use dielectric grease on the bulbs? check all of them again. rain lately -- could have blown out from cracked lens.

Do the front running lights come on still?

I'm in FL too and driving through the hurricane-storm rains last month about killed my front electrical systems. headlight motor, turn signal bulbs, fog lights, headlights.... all in one week. probably a good recoating of dielectric grease would help..
    Last edited by cold_surfer; 09-28-2006 at 07:10 AM.

Thread Information