Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Birth Certificate!!

Hey everybody! Long time no chat! Been busy! I've got a question. Does anyone know if it just Firehawks that get a birth certificate when they are built? I was wondering if WS6's get them too. I bought my WS6 back in 2007 from a dealer. And I don't remember getting any special documentation.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Firehawks are the only cars to get them. SLP may still be able to print one up if you're car is a Firehawk in their database.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

If I remember correctly, the 2002 SS and 2002 WS6 also got a certificate because they were the last of the breed but other than that I dont think any other cars "besides the Firehawks" got one.

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Hey Scott. Long time no talk to. Well no sir. Mine isn't a firehawk. Just a WS6.

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Hey Patrick. Really? That's interesting. I wonder what would be the best way to get that documentation?

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by cowstandmoto View Post
    Hey Patrick. Really? That's interesting. I wonder what would be the best way to get that documentation?
    You would have to go through SLP either way for the certificates but the window decals etc are getting hard to find. I've seen a couple of private company's that can create you one based on the serial number and build codes you send over to them but the dealerships will no longer do it for you. Here's a picture of what most of the 2002's came with...obviously the special edition car came with some added goodies, but if you notice up towards the top at about 2 o'clock you'll see a Last of the Breed Certificate with the word "Firebird" on the top of it.

Last edited by theorangeguy; 12-17-2014 at 10:37 AM.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Yep. See, I didn't get any of that. However, I'm not really interested in the window sticker. But I do want everything else. To be honest Patrick, when I bought the car in 2007, I really didn't know about any of that stuff. So in fairness to me, I didn't know back then that you are supposed to get all that stuff. I failed to mention in the first post that what I do know about the car before me is it had one owner before me. The original owner was in Michigan and bought the car in Michigan. But I don't know what the persons name was or the name of the dealership they bought it at.

Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

Nice to see you back amongst us guy!

You being one of a few individuals who went the extra mile in
    my search for the goodun i now own!

The others know who they are,too

A while ago now guy on CL was selling a dealer issued "last of the breed" pack
    but i had no luck in getting that and i think i am right in saying you had to request
    the LOTB pack when buying new rather than be given it as of right?!

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by cowstandmoto View Post
    Yep. See, I didn't get any of that. However, I'm not really interested in the window sticker. But I do want everything else. To be honest Patrick, when I bought the car in 2007, I really didn't know about any of that stuff. So in fairness to me, I didn't know back then that you are supposed to get all that stuff. I failed to mention in the first post that what I do know about the car before me is it had one owner before me. The original owner was in Michigan and bought the car in Michigan. But I don't know what the persons name was or the name of the dealership they bought it at.
    Well...being the 2nd owner of the car the odds of you getting everything that it came with originally is pretty slim. The original owner probably has all of that stuff somewhere or just threw it out. As Speedy pointed out, you can find some companies out there that can literally create the exact same stuff you got when you bought the car new from the dealer. If you bought it used "which it sounds like you did" the dealership probably didnt have anything to give you.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Pat, I didn't know that...learn something new.

Maple Red Metallic
    2001 T/A

That LOTB package was for the CETA Edition. Look at the leather manual cover. It has the CETA emblem. I thought the WS6 LOTB package only had a Commemorative Certificate, key chain and fender emblems.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by Nutball View Post
    That LOTB package was for the CETA Edition. Look at the leather manual cover. It has the CETA emblem. I thought the WS6 LOTB package only had a Commemorative Certificate, key chain and fender emblems.
    yep that is correct. Thats why I said the CETA/Special Edition cars had something a little different but the 02's "both SS and WS6" came with the last of the breed certs when bought brand new.

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

The Last of the Breed kit was as noted sold for any 2002 over the counter. Some dealerships installed them as a way to spiff up the cars. I bought a spare unopened kit a few years ago at what I thought was a steep price but haven't seen any for sale in a while. There is a guy on eBay right now selling some blank certificates from the kits. If you want one just do a search for Last of the Breed. Guess he probably picked up an unused stack at a dealership.

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by speedyWS6 View Post
    Nice to see you back amongst us guy!

You being one of a few individuals who went the extra mile in
    my search for the goodun i now own!

The others know who they are,too

Hey Trevor! Good to hear from you! Are you still enjoying your WS6?

Well guys, I'm just about ready to forget it. What I am going to do is call the dealer I bought the car from and see if they will give me a name and phone number of the original owner. I don't know if they will. And if they won't I'm just going to forget it.

A while ago now guy on CL was selling a dealer issued "last of the breed" pack
    but i had no luck in getting that and i think i am right in saying you had to request
    the LOTB pack when buying new rather than be given it as of right?!

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

An update guys. I called the dealership where I bought the racecar at. But they said they had purged their records up to 2008. And I bought the car in December 07. But they did try to help some. They tried a different type of search. I didn't hear real well what the guy said the type of search was. But I didn't really care what they said it was because I had already given up on hearing any good news. So what ever...... but they weren't able to find anything.

Thread Information