Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree1Likes

Best Mod You've Done?

This is a discussion on Best Mod You've Done? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; buying my ss.. p&p tb, slp lid, smooth belows.. felt so much dif from stock.. next im sure will be.. ...

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

buying my ss..

p&p tb, slp lid, smooth belows.. felt so much dif from stock..
    next im sure will be.. intake and LTs, heads and cam

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

My first best mod was Nitrous. My overall best mod is the Procharger.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

On my 98 z28 a4, 3.73s. Woke the car up. Round 400 after new bearings and install
    on the 01 ws6 m6, the magnaflow quad tip, kooks and ory. 1000
    And on the 01 ss m6, mgw shifter. Much better than that tall stocker. 260

BLACK
    01 B4C CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by Furious1 View Post
    After reading this and doing further research, I am more intrigued by doing this. My car is 99% stock, outside of a airlid and high flow filter. My question is, will the difference be noticeable? Also, my car is a daily driver so trying to come up with a strategy to remove the PCM and get it sent out and receive it back would prove to be interesting...

Ohh...I have a '01 WS6, A4, 3.23 gears, 46K miles.
    you will be most satisfied with a tune on your daily driver then can get you better throttle response and fuel economy. I am not a big fan of mail order tunes, I have had 4 LS1 engines all produced about the same HP stock, everyone got a custom tune and they were all different. but if there is not anyone nearby that can do a custom tune then do what you can.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

After reading this and doing further research, I am more intrigued by doing this. My car is 99% stock, outside of a airlid and high flow filter. My question is, will the difference be noticeable? Also, my car is a daily driver so trying to come up with a strategy to remove the PCM and get it sent out and receive it back would prove to be interesting...

Frost tuned my car when I had the Procharger installed. I'm extremely satisfied with his work. I've never read one complaint about him in the 3 years I've been on this board.

2000 WS6 m6

I dont have much done to mine but I gotta say I love my cutout

silver/black
    00 trans am,SLP,Ws6

LS3

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

i gotta say putting the dangly ball sack from the rear bumper has gotten lots of compliments....

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Our car had no engine mods, just a few bolt ons when the PCM first went to Frost for a tune. Definitely ran and shifted better with the tune (also A4). I believe Frost now has a trade in deal on his site where he will ship you a PCM and you then send in yours -- no down time other than the few minutes it takes to swap them out.

White
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Really...alright, I'll have to check out his site for that. Edit:just sent him a message...we'll see what he says!
    Last edited by Furious1; 08-13-2011 at 05:54 AM.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Driver mod - Free

black
    2000 pontiac trans am

when i bought my car it had LT's, hi flow cats, and a corsa exhaust, I put on an LS6 intake manifold, LS6 clutch, sub frame connectors, and a strut tower brace. out of the few things i did to my car as of now I would have to say the two things that surprised me the most I would have to say the Clutch and the sub frame connectors. The clutch took i think 8lbs out of the rotating assembly, throttle response blew me away, as well as the way the car shifted. I also flushed out the hydraulic clutch fluid, and i try to do that regularly, i couldn't do the drill mod. The sub frame connectors, helped out a lot too. I felt a dramatic difference in the stiffness and handling of the car, they were UMI boxed SFC, i had a really good shop weld them in considering i cant weld "yet" but they did an amazing job, even welded in gusset plated between the SFC's and the lip of the rocker panel.

Hope i get some feedback with this one! I really, really want to put a cam in my car. I like the TSP 233/239. I know a lot of people put the cam, pushrods, and springs in and every thing is done. i tend to over think things... a lot. i figure if im changing the cam i might as well change the oil pump, and rocker arms, and im really considering changing the lifter trays and the lifters to, and the timing chain as well to an LS2 chain. everything all said and done im looking at i would have to say probably between 1600 and 1800 all said and done. I think the oil pump, rocker arms, ECU tune and LS2 timing chain are a necessity, as well as pushrods and springs, but I'm also really cheap too. Hence my problem, really sucks cause i really just want to do it. any thoughts on how to save a few dollars?

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by Rob00Taws6 View Post
    when i bought my car it had LT's, hi flow cats, and a corsa exhaust, I put on an LS6 intake manifold, LS6 clutch, sub frame connectors, and a strut tower brace. out of the few things i did to my car as of now I would have to say the two things that surprised me the most I would have to say the Clutch and the sub frame connectors. The clutch took i think 8lbs out of the rotating assembly, throttle response blew me away, as well as the way the car shifted. I also flushed out the hydraulic clutch fluid, and i try to do that regularly, i couldn't do the drill mod. The sub frame connectors, helped out a lot too. I felt a dramatic difference in the stiffness and handling of the car, they were UMI boxed SFC, i had a really good shop weld them in considering i cant weld "yet" but they did an amazing job, even welded in gusset plated between the SFC's and the lip of the rocker panel.

Hope i get some feedback with this one! I really, really want to put a cam in my car. I like the TSP 233/239. I know a lot of people put the cam, pushrods, and springs in and every thing is done. i tend to over think things... a lot. i figure if im changing the cam i might as well change the oil pump, and rocker arms, and im really considering changing the lifter trays and the lifters to, and the timing chain as well to an LS2 chain. everything all said and done im looking at i would have to say probably between 1600 and 1800 all said and done. I think the oil pump, rocker arms, ECU tune and LS2 timing chain are a necessity, as well as pushrods and springs, but I'm also really cheap too. Hence my problem, really sucks cause i really just want to do it. any thoughts on how to save a few dollars?
    You could try to find a used setup. I have seen a few for sale on here recently. It may be a bit tougher to find the exact setup you're looking for. Good luck.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by Rob00Taws6 View Post
    Better safe then sorry. I'd "over do it" the same way you would. Replace/upgrade everything on the way to a cam swap

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Better safe then sorry. I'd "over do it" the same way you would. Replace/upgrade everything on the way to a cam swap

black
    2000 pontiac trans am

Ya, i got to do it that way, think I'm just gonna order the parts when i feel comfortable purchasing them, keep them up on the shelf till I have everything together, then have some fun.

silver/black
    00 trans am,SLP,Ws6

EX-Wife Delete, cost about $40,000. best mod i ever did it opened up the passenger seat enough to fit a tight blond.
    suede likes this.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Oh my god thats funny

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information