best fluids

This is a discussion on best fluids within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; im in a tch class for school and im swichin out all my fluid... i herd royal purple is the ...

black
    2002 trans am

best fluids

im in a tch class for school and im swichin out all my fluid... i herd royal purple is the best on the shelf.. im replacesthe trans fluid but whe i do i wanna throw in a shift kit(trans pac) whats the best shift kit and where can i get one.. i checked out jegs and found one for 40 bucks not badat all... how many ppl put in shiftkits and do u like it... last question could i get rubber in 2nd gear i got A4 trans and could never get my bird to chirp

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Not sure about the shift kits...never had to buy one.

Royal Purple is one of the worst oils you can use. Used Oil Analysis shows heavy wear....due to shearing (oil break down with heat basicly).
    Pennzoil Platinum shows as one of the best in UOA's for the LSx.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6 m6

i've been hearing a lot of good stuff about amsoil... i think i'm gunna try it out... i use royal purple for my diff.. thats about it. as far as tranny... i have an m6 so.. i have the time to think about what brand i want to throw in there when the time comes... but for a 99-'00 i heard royal purple was bad because of the difference in the fabrication/material of the synchros, there was supposedely a substantially higher rate of deterioration.

I use Amsoil it works good for me.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

the best shift kit i know of is transgo... me and my brother put on in his 95 impala... it worked nice...

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am WS6 A4

I have a 99 WS6 A4 bone stock and have no trouble getting a 2nd gear scratch. As to the oil id just stick with the recomended Mobile 1 Fully Synthetic

1999 A4 WS6 Pewter, Hooker Long Tube Headers ,GMMG Catback Exhaust, QTP Off-road catted y-pipe, K&N FIPK Intake, GM 3.73's, Spohn Torque Arm,BMR LCA's Dyno Tune by PBJ.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I run the German Castrol in the engine and Redline D4 ATF in the tranny. I don't believe your supposed to run synthetic fluid in the 4L60E but I may be wrong. In the rear I use Valvoline dino 80/90

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

royal purple is crap, bottom line. Lous is correct......Penzoil Platinum is best off the shelf you can get.......amsoil though is better, cant get it off the shelf though and it cost more.....needless to say nothng goes in my car but amsoil....

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6 m6

you are supposed to use DEX III ATF, it should say it on the side of the tranny, but AMSOIL ATF is a good substitute. so basically, you can use any brand that says for transmission applications requiring DEX( or DEXRON) III ATF...something like that.. but AMSOIL ATF seems to be highly recommended.
    Last edited by xtreme_rob; 09-15-2008 at 08:51 PM.

black
    2002 trans am

well.. thanks for the answers id have to say you guys are alot of help.. amsoil? where can i get it... if i can find it ill replace everything with that..

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1speedster View Post
    well.. thanks for the answers id have to say you guys are alot of help.. amsoil? where can i get it... if i can find it ill replace everything with that..
    they are a site sponsor on here.. just click on "Sponsors"

Post Amsoil ATF

ls1speedster,

Iíve provided data on the Amsoil ATF at the LS1.com link below:

LS1.com/AMSOIL ATF link

If you have any other questions after checking out the link, feel free to send me a personal message and Iíll will be happy to further assist you.

Thanks,

CompSyn

Black
    2002 Trans AM WS6

maybe i should pick up some Penzoil Platinum, i saw it for sale at advance auto over here for 4.50 a quart. not bad

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

WALMART has pp for 20 bucks for 5 qaurts

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

I use Mobil 1 extended performance engine oil and filter, is the penzoil better? I know its cheaper

Living the Dream LS1FirehawkWS6's Avatar

2000 Trans-Am
    2007 Silverado 2500HD LTZ

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    the best shift kit i know of is transgo... me and my brother put on in his 95 impala... it worked nice...
    TransGo performance has the best shift kit in my opinion. Did one in a Turbo350 that's mated with a 400hp Small Block Chevy, and it takes it. Did one on a 4L65E in a 1/2 ton pickup, a Turbo400 in a 1 Ton pickup and a couple 4L60E's. I highly reccomend their kits.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

im in a tch class for school and im swichin out all my fluid... i herd royal purple is the best on the shelf.. im replacesthe trans fluid but whe i do i wanna throw in a shift kit(trans pac) whats the best shift kit and where can i get one.. i checked out jegs and found one for 40 bucks not badat all... how many ppl put in shiftkits and do u like it... last question could i get rubber in 2nd gear i got A4 trans and could never get my bird to chirp
    if you build it right u can most def get it to chirp......at wot i can chirp at 70-80mph on a straight full accel.....a bit scary but awesome,

Thread Information