Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Best 1/4 time

This is a discussion on Best 1/4 time within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Firebirdjones Look above,,,I found it,,,and he did go a 1.5 Not bad, but he had some suspension ...

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Look above,,,I found it,,,and he did go a 1.5
    Not bad, but he had some suspension mods. He mentioned running a 1.5 60ft with lts, exhaust, lid. This guy was cammed with a built tranny, built rear end with 3.73 gears, some weight reduction on real street tires. We were discussing a full exhaust/lid/tune m6 running 1.5s with no other power mods. Then I said they have some suspension mods and or sticky tires. Well this guy doesnt have DRs or slicks but he does have a built drivetrain, cammed ls1, with gearing and minor weight reduction.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    Ive done alot of searching and actually found a bunch of guys running 12.2's at 114 with lts/cb/lid. must be near perfect conditions and traction.

You gotta be right about perfect conditions for times like that, if they really only had full exhaust/lid!
    Otherwise I'm calling BS.
    Come on, 114 MPH ???

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yes but it wasnt what i would call a real road tune. It was a friend of mine and me and a laptop, neither of of us are real tuners lol.
    Well, that's how we all start, no one is a real tuner from the beginning. At least y'all are trying with a laptop. Are you using a wide band O2 sensor?

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    You gotta be right about perfect conditions for times like that, if they really only had full exhaust/lid!
    Come on, 114 MPH ???
    I must really be doing something wrong. I've got Patriot stage 2.5 heads, Thunder 224R Cam, LT's, 2.5" TD's, w/315 Nitto's out back and I'm running 13.065 @108mph.

the only factor I can see is I'm an Auto w/2.73's out back, but goodness gracious that's a big difference.

Come on, 114 MPH ???

Well, that's how we all start, no one is a real tuner from the beginning. At least y'all are trying with a laptop. Are you using a wide band O2 sensor?
    Yeah man I read it on the internet so its prob bs lol. In my experience I see mostly high 12's with those mods.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Come on, 114 MPH ???
    Read my link on page 1. My friend went 12.1 @116. Long tubes, ory, cutout, lid, full interior (full weight), stock 10 bolt w/3:42s on street tires. It can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Read my link on page 1. My friend went 12.1 @116. Long tubes, ory, cutout, lid, full interior (full weight), stock 10 bolt w/3:42s on street tires. It can be done.
    Is it possilbe he bought the car with existing mods?. That time is pretty much right on for a mild cammed ls1.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH.WS6 View Post
    I must really be doing something wrong. I've got Patriot stage 2.5 heads, Thunder 224R Cam, LT's, 2.5" TD's, w/315 Nitto's out back and I'm running 13.065 @108mph.

the only factor I can see is I'm an Auto w/2.73's out back, but goodness gracious that's a big difference.
    Throw a stall (with accompanying tranny mods) in it. I did and it took .5 seconds off my ET.
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    Is it possilbe he bought the car with existing mods?. That time is pretty much right on for a mild cammed ls1.
    Naah. It took him years to reach that et. He literally is there almost every weekend for years practicing.

Not bad, but he had some suspension mods. He mentioned running a 1.5 60ft with lts, exhaust, lid. This guy was cammed with a built tranny, built rear end with 3.73 gears, some weight reduction on real street tires. We were discussing a full exhaust/lid/tune m6 running 1.5s with no other power mods. Then I said they have some suspension mods and or sticky tires. Well this guy doesnt have DRs or slicks but he does have a built drivetrain, cammed ls1, with gearing and minor weight reduction.
    "I" was only talking about running good 60 foot times on stock rubber with stock suspension. I didn't care who had what engine mods. I was only stating it could be done. If we do it on 14 inch bias plys it can be done on these large 4th gen tires. That's all I was getting at.
    I read through it, and the only suspension mod I read was that he had an adjustable pinion angle setup for the stock torque arm. Technically, that's allowed in the pure stock classes, nothing wrong with that. He is still running stock torque arm, shocks and springs.
    We do some tricks to make stock suspensions work, while utilizing stock parts. I won't get into it here because it's lengthy. Most of which I'm sure "silverz28camaro" didn't even do. But the same tricks applied to 40 year old muscle cars will work on a 4th gen too.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

To be honest with you, stock RSA's will hook after you burn about 5,000 miles off of 'em.

Ask me how I know this...

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH.WS6 View Post

Ya I'd say. My auto (although with 3.23's) was stock other than long tube headers, and a tune that I had worked on and it was going 13.20's at 106 mph. In a vert at 3,820 lbs. no less.
    I stuck a converter in it and went 12.76 at 107 +. I still haven't opened the motor yet.

Although I here a few complaints from performance out of Patriot heads,,,but still,,,,with that cam and all I would have expected more too.
    Do you have a converter?? A converter and some mild gears would help,,,,but I can't help but wonder why the mph is down. LS1's modded like that with mild cams usually dip into the low 12's at least going 112-114 mph.

Come on, 114 MPH ???

Ya we had a few on here saying the same thing and I called BS on it. Got everyones panties in a twist Truth be known, every LS1 I've ever seen at the track, both Ohio and here in Arizona had a 224 or bigger cam running those MPH's, and most of those had weight reduction like pulling the back seat and anything else that was hardly bolted down
    Not really my idea of street car performance. Pretty funny when the pits look like a swap meet.

You would have to be at Atco or Gainsville in the dead of winter with below sea level DA numbers,,,and even then,,,I don't think so.

If I were NHRA I would be inclined for a full tear down. Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    To be honest with you, stock RSA's will hook after you burn about 5,000 miles off of 'em.

Ask me how I know this...
    Ya these stock Goodyears are relatively sticky for a street tire, much easier to deal with than a little F70/14 bias ply.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I prefered the GSCs stock.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Ya I'd say. My auto (although with 3.23's) was stock other than long tube headers, and a tune that I had worked on and it was going 13.20's at 106 mph. In a vert at 3,820 lbs. no less.
    I stuck a converter in it and went 12.76 at 107 +. I still haven't opened the motor yet.

Although I here a few complaints from performance out of Patriot heads,,,but still,,,,with that cam and all I would have expected more too.
    Do you have a converter?? A converter and some mild gears would help,,,,but I can't help but wonder why the mph is down. LS1's modded like that with mild cams usually dip into the low 12's at least going 112-114 mph.
    I'd have to agree. BrianH needs at least the 3.23s and a stall, but if it were me and I was switching gears, may as well get the 3.73s. Stall converter is a must for AT cars.

Ya we had a few on here saying the same thing and I called BS on it. Got everyones panties in a twist Truth be known, every LS1 I've ever seen at the track, both Ohio and here in Arizona had a 224 or bigger cam running those MPH's, and most of those had weight reduction like pulling the back seat and anything else that was hardly bolted down
    Not really my idea of street car performance. Pretty funny when the pits look like a swap meet.

You would have to be at Atco or Gainsville in the dead of winter with below sea level DA numbers,,,and even then,,,I don't think so.
    +1.

+5.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

I have a friend who went 12.02@116, he's not on this board tho. http://www.easternfbodys.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=51679
    Well, he did report stock, but he also said full bolt ons as well. This thread was specifically about lid/full exhaust.

However, impressive for the bolt on car, especially with street tires. He did mention he was impressed about how the drag strip people were able to make such a sticky track on such a cold day. Must've been massive negative DA numbers.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Agree, 116mph with a stock long block ls1 at full weight is unheard of. Its not the low 12 et that is weird. Its the fact that a 3500lbs car with 340ishwhp is trapping 116mph it just doesnt add up.

Agree, 116mph with a stock long block ls1 at full weight is unheard of. Its not the low 12 et that is weird. Its the fact that a 3500lbs car with 340ishwhp is trapping 116mph it just doesnt add up.
    I agree Zinergy. And it could have very well weighed more than that factoring in fuel and driver.
    12 second ET's are easily obtained, that is mainly a result of your 60 foot times. Technically a car running 102 mph is 12 second capable with a good suspension setup, Super Stock does that all the time.
    But what doesn't make sense, and throws a flag right away is the 116 mph trap speed. You are talking 400+ rwhp to accomplish that.
    Not even excellent DA numbers can do that for a car that would normally run 105-110 mph on a good day.

I'd have to agree. BrianH needs at least the 3.23s and a stall, but if it were me and I was switching gears, may as well get the 3.73s. Stall converter is a must for AT cars.

I agree, it's in need of a good converter and a gear. Would have to then see how that affects his trap speed, because 108 mph is low for the engine mods he has done.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information