Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bent Pushrod

This is a discussion on Bent Pushrod within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; do you know how they are going to repair it? AL is not easy to fix and something as critical ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

do you know how they are going to repair it? AL is not easy to fix and something as critical as a rocker I'm not sure a Hexicoil is a good fix.

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Howdy Scott. I really don't know what method they were going to use. What I do know is that they sent it to their machine shop. Does that tell you anything?

Navy Blue Metallic

Not really, they can do hexicoil or even try to fill the hole and drill/re-tap it. It's not the torque specs of the rocker that concerns me, it's that it's at a critical spot that has a lot of movement. If the geometry isn't right you could constantly have issues with that one rocker.

Like I said, AL can be very unforgiving. I would ask before they get to far into it and it cost you more then a use head would go for. I picked up a set of used 243 heads for $400 a month ago.
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 06-06-2013 at 12:41 PM.

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Well, which ever way they were going to do it, it should already be done. They were going to ship it back to me either today or tomorrow.

Navy Blue Metallic

post pics, I'd like to see how it was fixed...

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

I tell you what Scott. I'm getting really mad at them (Texas Speed). The way they have been handling this dill has got me pissed off. I first talked to them on May 20th to ask them if they had the ability to do a repair like this. They didn't but they did have a machine shop they used for stuff like this. Ok, I shipped it to them on the 21st. Ok, it got there on the 24th, because someone there called me that Friday, the 24th. Alright, the guy that called me, his first question to me was "Why did you send this to us?". I said you guys told me to! I said one of your guys gave me the address to ship it to and told me to put Attn: Machine Shop on the box. The guy says he will send it over to machine shop. Ok, then I call them on the 29th to see when it had been shipped. They tell me they hadn't even started on it yet. Unbelievable! They tell me sorry, they will get on it immediatley. Alright, then I call them on June 3rd to ask them when it was going to ship. They tell me the 5th (yesterday). I called them yesterday to see if it had shipped, (no it hadn't, but it would ship today). I called them this morning at 9:30 central time (because that is when they open)!!!! The guy I talked to this morning didn't know but he would find out for me. And I haven't heard from them yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Navy Blue Metallic

I've heard their customer support is a nightmare some times.

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Oh you have? Well, I know one thing for sure. The communication between the staff is terrible. During this little dill I talked to 6 different people, because I wrote their names down. I bet it's like a Chinese fire drill at their place!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information