Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

beating a 03 svt cobra?

This is a discussion on beating a 03 svt cobra? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; the reason why i wanted to know this is cause my buddy has the cobra and yea its all stock, ...

1999 T/A

the reason why i wanted to know this is cause my buddy has the cobra and yea its all stock, not even a pulley. forgot to mention tho, he has a borla cat back. I just wanted to know what the odds of winning are with a big cam ant lts. I raced him today as is and lost obviously. It was actually pretty brutal too..... once the blower kicked in he was gone. hopefully in a month with that cam and lts it will be better. mabie ill save some more cash and get some gears too. are 4.10's too much u think, for an m6?

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah, stock suspension cobras have a hard time launch even with drag radials, and they are still ehavey, but can make alot of power.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by via sin dios View Post
    the reason why i wanted to know this is cause my buddy has the cobra and yea its all stock, not even a pulley. forgot to mention tho, he has a borla cat back. I just wanted to know what the odds of winning are with a big cam ant lts. I raced him today as is and lost obviously. It was actually pretty brutal too..... once the blower kicked in he was gone. hopefully in a month with that cam and lts it will be better. mabie ill save some more cash and get some gears too. are 4.10's too much u think, for an m6?
    nah 4.10s will be nice for your m6.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

A cammed ls1 car with 4.10s and drag radials can run low to mid 11s with a good m6 driver. Thats good enough to beat most eaton cobras. Once they change that blower out your gonna need a stroker, nos or a forced induction setup. Dont let people tell you you cant run boost on a ls1 car, i know a guy with forged internals still a 350, with stock comp ration running 15psi on a 80something trim turbo making over 750rwhp. with meth injection 20psi making jsut over 800rwhp. With forged aluminium internals and block.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information