Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Baby seat for WS6

This is a discussion on Baby seat for WS6 within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Ah the hood old days. I used one from Walmart, I just tried a few out to get the tighest ...

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Ah the hood old days. I used one from Walmart, I just tried a few out to get the tighest fit. The passenger seat was all the way forward. Her mother hated my car lol.
    Once she was a little bigger I did the same thing with picking a forward facing seat. I can now run a booster and one thing I looked for in both the booster and forward facing seats were the bottoms. I got the ones that had small bottoms to slide into that pocket. I didn't have to use towels or pillows on my seats. Aldo teach them young not to throw up in the car. My little girl has had a few close calls but she's always asked for a bag or to get out.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Update,

The wife and I went to Toys'R'Us to test fist some seats in my '02 WS-6 and my wifes '02 Celica GT. We tested out two car seat/stroller combos; Graco and Britax. With the safety seat in the rear-facing position (which is the law for newborns up to I think 45 pounds in Maryland) , neither cars could fit the Graco and the Britax won't fit my wifes car but appears the Britax will fit in mine if I remove the rear bottom seat cushion and the seat-back. I don't know if the state law frowns on removing the seat cushions, I was thinking of packing the bottom of the base with foam, but its the only way it will fit.

We really can't afford to get a new/used car until I graduate college and get a real job, and it seems I wont be able to get an internship (required for my diploma) until at least the fall, pushing my graduation until the coming spring. Anyone have some insight that may help?

Black
    79 Trans Am

Not sure what graco you used but I was able to fit one easily in my 98

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by 79TransAm View Post
    Not sure what graco you used but I was able to fit one easily in my 98
    Were you fitting it in rear facing in the back seat? You wouldn't know the model number/type of your Graco would you?

Black
    79 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    Were you fitting it in rear facing in the back search t? You wouldn't know the model number/type of your Graco would you?
    I can look it up when I get home. Yes it was rear facing graco infant seat. The seat coulda be removed and attached to the stroller

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by 79TransAm View Post
    I can look it up when I get home. Yes it was rear facing graco infant seat. The seat coulda be removed and attached to the stroller
    If you could look that up I would be most grateful. My wife and I are stressing out about not finding a seat so far.

Black
    79 Trans Am

Sorry it took so long to get this info to you. The base is called Graco SnugRide. The model number is 1771730. The car seat is also the same model number. I believe they were sold together and as I said the car seat was able to click right into the graco stroller we have. I can get some pics if you want/need. I could even get some pics of the seat installed in my car. I will say this however, the seat fit great but don't expect a ton of room for the front passenger. My wife is 5 feet tall so she never had a problem but I can imagine it could get tight depending on how tall your passenger is.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Thanks, '79. If you could include pictures of the seat and it in the car I would greatly appreciate it. I am wondering how you have it mounted in the back seat and see if it was different than how I was fitting the others in my (and my wife's) car. My wife is 5 foot 4, so we would probably need about two more inches than what your wife needed.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I had the same car seat in mine and it was fine in the rear passenger seat. My wife is 5'4" and she was comfortable. I do not have any pictures but I am 6'0 and it fit behind my seat as well.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

How did the car seat anchor in? Did you just use the seat belt? I feel that my seat belt doesn't lock. Please advise.

Thanks,

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

You will get a little gold clip with the baby seat, looks kinda like an H. You use this to lock the seat belt once it is latched and pulled tight!

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

I know here in PA we had to have the seat rear facing with a new born don't remember how long though. You are going to need probably 3 different car seats as they grow so I would start with a seat that has a bassinet style carrier that goes from the car to the stroller (can buy stroller & seat as one unit ) to start as they are easy to get the small one in the back seat because you buckle them in and just snap it in the base already in car and roll. My wife had a Z24 when we started and in about two months of fighting to crawl in the back to put the baby in that car it was traded in for a Grand Prix GT 4 Door.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information