Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Automatic Headlights in 01 TA WS6? WTH

Did anyone know they made automatic headlights in the 01 TA?

Apparently in the grate right near the security LED is a sensor for my automatic headlights... you know that turn your lights on at night! Well naturally its failing and I'm that idiot that has to drive around with his lights up about half the time during the day... or until it feels like putting them back down. I have my dash apart and it appears a previous owner has cut the sensor off and taped the two wires together but that doesn't seem to be working any more... I might try to trim them back and properly attach one to the other but I'm not hopeful... Any suggestions?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I was not aware that our cars were available with this option. I may have a schematic for the system in my service manual if you need more info.

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Its called twilight sentinel and once the sensor reads insufficient daylight up they go,tunnels,carwashes,even the canopy at the gas station.

I wish every car had them you should see the morons around here driving with there lights off or DRL's only at night.

Every car sold in Canada got them,not sure about Europe but I would say yes.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

yes and it SUCKS! Its hard to look cool when its 98 degrees outside and your ram air hood is accented by ugly up headlights... nighttime sure... but damn

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Weird. I've never seen this happen on our cars, but it's probably a simple programming issue with the BCM. Maybe someone swapped in a Camaro BCM at some point.

Personally, I don't like headlights as DRLs, and I also really dislike automatic headlights. There are way too many idiots driving around at dusk, with their auto-headlights on, and they have their bright lights on! (wow, my bright lights are on? I didn't even know my headlights were on...and my turn signal for the last 5 miles...and I'm on the phone and just cut you off...and on it goes) It's fine if you want it, but I don't want my car controlling me, I will control the mechanical object.

Sorry for the rant!

Thread Information