Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 71

auto or standard?

This is a discussion on auto or standard? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; listen i dont know where you get off saying that its a fact that a standard trans car is 10-15 ...

  1. #41
    Sideways to da next light redline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    okc
    Age
    34
    Posts
    111

    black
    2000 trans am

    listen i dont know where you get off saying that its a fact that a standard trans car is 10-15 more hp than an auto. that is the most bullshit loaded statement ive ever heard. HERE I'LL MAKE IT A LITTLE EASYER TO READ THIS TIME ( I SMELL BULLSHIT). I realize that an auto loses a bit of hp sometimes, that dont mean shit captain standard. I've seen plenty of autos dyno close to and sometimes higher than standards.

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orlando,FL
    Posts
    38
    01 WS6

    yeah, i was wondering that too..
    how can a 320 HP 6 Spd have more power then a 320HP Auto?

    i guess with the 6spd you and the passenger can feel the "G-Force" the pull from every
    Gear..makes it seem faster-more powerful
    cant front..it feel good....feeling all that 5.7 power in your hands..
    but with an auto, you dont feel the hard pulls (Stressing the tranny)..you feel something like
    a "Plane Taking Off Feel"..a G Force that's continusly, a rush..
    iam i typing Smack?...i dont know...it just my 2 cents
    anyways..
    i can talk on the cell..without switching gears..That's a good thing..

  3. #43
    Sideways to da next light redline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    okc
    Age
    34
    Posts
    111

    black
    2000 trans am

    the point is that its simply wrong to say that just because its and auto it has a decrease in 10-15 hp because of drivetrain loss. Now it is safe to say that if an auto is not working properly you can lose a shitload of hp but a well maintained and PROPERLY working stock auto will put down the same damn numbers as a stock standard PERIOD.

  4. #44
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by redline
    the point is that its simply wrong to say that just because its and auto it has a decrease in 10-15 hp because of drivetrain loss. Now it is safe to say that if an auto is not working properly you can lose a shitload of hp but a well maintained and PROPERLY working stock auto will put down the same damn numbers as a stock standard PERIOD.
    I disagree. Get some fact shhets or dyno numbers and ill shut my mouth.

  5. #45
    NY Representative Vertiviper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    552

    Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

    Quote Originally Posted by BLKbandit98
    I disagree. Get some fact shhets or dyno numbers and ill shut my mouth.
    Surely:

    1)http://www.fordmuscle.com/forums/dyn...r_11545-2.html

    2)http://www.superstang.com/horsepower.htm#whyauto

    *Most usefull/clear*3)http://www.f-body.org/faq/4/4_2.htm#ch4_2d scroll down to "How much HP does a LS1 really have" and just to qoute "Depending on whether you have an automatic or a 6-speed, your HP rating will vary due to the automatics having more drivetrain loss"


    Not tryin to be a wise-guy, buy you asked for it.

    Again, if you don't belive me, ask around on other forums.... Which would put down more RWHP.... a stock 6spd LS1 or a stock Auto LS1....you'll find additional answers that way.

  6. #46
    NY Representative Vertiviper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    552

    Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaPowerHitter
    yeah, i was wondering that too..
    how can a 320 HP 6 Spd have more power then a 320HP Auto?

    i guess with the 6spd you and the passenger can feel the "G-Force" the pull from every
    Gear..makes it seem faster-more powerful
    cant front..it feel good....feeling all that 5.7 power in your hands..
    but with an auto, you dont feel the hard pulls (Stressing the tranny)..you feel something like
    a "Plane Taking Off Feel"..a G Force that's continusly, a rush..
    iam i typing Smack?...i dont know...it just my 2 cents
    anyways..
    i can talk on the cell..without switching gears..That's a good thing..
    lol, not MORE hp....of that say 320hp at the crank a 6spd will put down 280rwhp compared to 265rwhp with an auto.......roughly 10-15 less due to drivetrain loss.....sorry if i confused ya man.

  7. #47
    NY Representative Vertiviper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    552

    Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

    WOOPS, i realize I quoted the wrong person above,.......i did not mean to quote "Blackbandit98" because I agree with him,...i meant to quote "redline" because he is mistaken...

  8. #48
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    while its a known fact that a manual will not lose as much h.p as a auto, at the end of race day it doesnt make a difference.
    10 h.p here or there will not win a race.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

  9. #49
    both sides have their ups and downs like i said. as far as im concerned standards may be more fun to drive and they get better gas milage. but an auto w/ a stall and a shift kit can be a ton of fun to drive and you can definetely feel the power.

  10. #50
    NY Representative Vertiviper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    552

    Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula
    while its a known fact that a manual will not lose as much h.p as a auto, at the end of race day it doesnt make a difference.
    10 h.p here or there will not win a race.

    Yea , again totally agreed...10hp will not make or break you, but someone else on this thread said there was no difference in drivetrain loss..to the point of calling myself a bullshitter..... , i had to correct them...

  11. #51
    Sideways to da next light redline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    okc
    Age
    34
    Posts
    111

    black
    2000 trans am

    dude i even agreed with you on my thread up above, (to a sertain point). i've seen a lot of dyno sheets and yes the majority of standards will dyno higher than the auto's, but i have never seen any of them dyno 15-20 or even 10-15 hp more on a consitant basis. All im saying is in the right conditions with a properly tuned auto in my personal experiance I've seen them put down very close to and around the same numbers. And to make it clear when i say stock i mean no boltons. I know an auto loses a bit of hp through the drivetrain(sometimes) im only saying that in my experiance with the ta's ive never seen it lose near as much as you say. That being said i fully agree with you on a variety of different vehicals and older vehicals. BUT the 4l60e has come a long way and is completely different than previous models. I have owned and driven a lot of standard cars and yes they definetly have the fun factor and it SEEMS like they make more power. But i own an a4 because of the reliability factor and the endless amount of power you can put to one. I own an a4 because i simply like comeing in 1st place.

  12. #52
    NY Representative Vertiviper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    552

    Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

    Hey it's all good man, everyone's entitled to an opinion. Just don't straight up say 'bullshit' to somone without expecting consequences, its all good though.

  13. #53
    Member mavrikZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Logan, Ut
    Posts
    166

    White
    2001 Trans Am

    Ill call bullshit. Lets make this simple.
    Manual 6spd(T56) VS. Automatic 4spd(4L60E)
    Both stock and NO DAMN TQ convertors, because that is NOT the question at hand.

    Some are arguing that T56's dont put more power to the ground. Manual guys have the burden of proof(supplied above).
    If the guys with autos, dissagree, POST it.
    Show me where a stock automatic 4L60E has ever allowed MORE power to the wheels than a manual T56?
    Does a T56 make allow more power to the wheels=YES.
    Can an automatic(built or stalled) be FASTER than an manual=YES.
    Christ, this is really not that complicated!

  14. #54
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by mavrikZ
    Ill call bullshit. Lets make this simple.
    Manual 6spd(T56) VS. Automatic 4spd(4L60E)
    Both stock and NO DAMN TQ convertors, because that is NOT the question at hand.

    Some are arguing that T56's dont put more power to the ground. Manual guys have the burden of proof(supplied above).
    If the guys with autos, dissagree, POST it.
    Show me where a stock automatic 4L60E has ever allowed MORE power to the wheels than a manual T56?
    Does a T56 make allow more power to the wheels=YES.
    Can an automatic(built or stalled) be FASTER than an manual=YES.
    Christ, this is really not that complicated!
    Exactly, good post. Seems like people are just talking in circles here
    Last edited by Wesman; 05-02-2006 at 01:36 PM.

  15. #55
    NY Representative Vertiviper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    552

    Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

    T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U


  16. #56
    on 1 wheel boobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    piedmont, OK
    Age
    27
    Posts
    129
    soon to be T.A. owner

    i prefer an a4 just for the simple fact that u can apply more attention to ur girl in the seat next to u than a stick with a round head on it.. LMAO!!!!!!!

  17. #57
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    try getting raod head while driving a manual

  18. #58
    Member mavrikZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Logan, Ut
    Posts
    166

    White
    2001 Trans Am

    Well, NO ONE can argue with either of those!! LMFAO! Aint no stats for that!

  19. #59
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula
    try getting raod head while driving a manual
    Try getting a girl when you pull up in an automatic

  20. #60
    Member mavrikZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Logan, Ut
    Posts
    166

    White
    2001 Trans Am

    Ha, ha, that shits funny, I dont care who ya are!^^^^^^

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Help: Need help with how I can use my standard TB on this intake
    By 2000NemeSS in forum General Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 02:05 PM
  2. Standard Temp?
    By Draik in forum General Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 10:42 PM
  3. convert from auto to standard
    By joejenkinsglass in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 05:38 PM
  4. auto to standard
    By OKZ28 in forum Drivetrain
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 08:09 AM
  5. Do you drive a standard or auto
    By Blackout in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 03-14-2007, 04:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •