Auto LS1 Ecu to t56

I bought a LS1 that was out of an automatic car. It came with the harness and ecu. I also bought a t56 trans. My question is, can i use the auto ecu and have a manual trans? Can I have it reprogramed? What should I do?

Anybody have any info?

green with blue comeleon
    2000 trans am

you can have it flashed so you can use it with the m6 i have a complete a4 setup it you want to trade it for your m6 setup then you wouldn't have to get it reprogrammed at the dyno

I'm 100% new to the ls1. I drive a nissan 240sx drift car. At this time i run a Turbocharged 4 cyl. and I want to swap my ls1 and t56 into it. I don't know all the technical stuff because I'm just starting out with the v8 drivetrain. I don't know what you mean by a4 and m6. I'm guessing auto harness and manual harness?

green with blue comeleon
    2000 trans am

a4 stand for 4l60e or any automatic 4 speed
    m6 stands for manual 6 or t56
    the ls1 has enof power not to need a manual to drift i do it all the time in my t/a a4 but im looking to swap it to a m6 since you siad you had a m6 but a a4 computer i siad i would trade you tranys ans ex..
    a4 camaro ss drifting
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=j6bLr0ywJ4M

Thank you for the info. I really do need a manual trans to be competitive in drifting because the clutch is very important to controlling angle and downshifts must be done with heal/toe to make seamless as to not spinout. I can't part with the t56. I just need to make it work. Thanks again

Those are doughnuts. Not drifting. Check this out.

green with blue comeleon
    2000 trans am

that pretty kewl if you need to know any thing about ls1 or tranys ill be happy to help you out the gm 10 bolt rear end is JUNK! i can bearly handle straight up drag racing i drought it could take that in those videos for vary long i broke 1 of mine from just street raceing and my secound starting go out, u might want to look into a 12 strange or mooser they are heaver but the wont brake like the stock 10 bolt u can get base unit for about 1,500

o yeah you siad you got the engine with a4 harnes and computer well you will have to re wire the tranny plug it is differnt wires than the a4

check this out it should help look at post #17
    http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200477

green with blue comeleon
    2000 trans am

also what year did you get your t56 from ?

Thanks a ton. That was the info i was looking for! Anyway, The stock nissan Differential is very strong. Many people in professional drifting have over 400hp and up to 650hp. Most cars are 4 cylinders and high reving. Drifting isn't as hard on the drivetrain as drag racing because the tires are sliding and not taking the shock of a launch.

I'm not sure what year the t56 is from. Are there any major differences?
    Thanks again

There have been a few people swapping ls1 into 240sx's. I will be using mounts and headers from: hinsonsupercars.com
    The ls1 will fit into a nissan with a slight mod of the subframe. It fits under the stock hood as strut towers! I will have to use an oil pan from a new GTO in order to clear the steering rack. This info may help you guys to see where im coming from.

green with blue comeleon
    2000 trans am

93-97 t56 have different bell housing and throw out bearings also have different input shaft and they use a different flywheel clutch and pressure plate , i think the f body's have the smallest ls1 oil pan out off all ls1 cars so if you need oil pan clearance im pretty sure that f body would be the best choice also the ls1 pans can be cut and a new piece off aluminum can be welded in place to make the pan not as deep also pan alignment is critical because it stabilize the bottom end and helps it take the shift better it keeps the aluminum block from distorting

green with blue comeleon
    2000 trans am

and if the starter is in the way summit make a mini starter that will work just as good if not better than the stocker it well also give you some header clearance that maybe need in a tight fitting car

I'll let you know how everything fits when I drop the engine in. Are there any numbers on the trans I can look up to see what year it is or any other way to tell? I called the guy I bought It from and he doesn't know. It didn't matter to him because It was for some custom project. All he could tell me is that he thinks it came from an ls1.

green with blue comeleon
    2000 trans am

there should be a barcode on it some where with all the number on it you can cal gm and ask them

Thread Information