Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Apparently a ricer?

This is a discussion on Apparently a ricer? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ty so much, it means alot its my pride and joy im keeping good care of it for a long ...

01' Firebird Pewter
    98' Trans Am Black

ty so much, it means alot its my pride and joy im keeping good care of it for a long long time. altho under the hood isnt as clean as i wanted it because im not the original owner its not to bad. paints nearly spotless but for now its just for pictures and may be sponsored by a vinyl/performance place because i go to school over 2000 people will see my car a day because its parked up front lmao

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by AfterYou View Post
    ty so much, it means alot its my pride and joy im keeping good care of it for a long long time. altho under the hood isnt as clean as i wanted it because im not the original owner its not to bad. paints nearly spotless but for now its just for pictures and may be sponsored by a vinyl/performance place because i go to school over 2000 people will see my car a day because its parked up front lmao

You would be surprised at how just a little elbow grease under the hood can make a difference. Just a wash down with Simple Green and something like CD-2 can make a world of difference. If your engine bay is really crudded up - concentrate on one area at a time. Make sure the engine is cold when you do it and do not spray the water directly at the electronics. You'll hear guys on here holler blasphemy for using water under the hood, but it works just fine imo. When you are done, mop up what you can with a towel and then use compressed air to blow out everything else before you fire it up and let the engine heat do the rest.

01' Firebird Pewter
    98' Trans Am Black

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    You would be surprised at how just a little elbow grease under the hood can make a difference. Just a wash down with Simple Green and something like CD-2 can make a world of difference. If your engine bay is really crudded up - concentrate on one area at a time. Make sure the engine is cold when you do it and do not spray the water directly at the electronics. You'll hear guys on here holler blasphemy for using water under the hood, but it works just fine imo. When you are done, mop up what you can with a towel and then use compressed air to blow out everything else before you fire it up and let the engine heat do the rest.
    lol sounds good

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

Im inclined to say take off all the exterior firbird decals...in my opinion its and over kill. Rims are nice and simple. Tint the side windows to the legal limit. Follow above advice for clenaing engine bay, use the water on a low setting or mist. Make sure you dont get water on your airfilter...try good...keep water away from electronics... you can get in there with a wet rag and clean it up would be better... other wise over all its a clean Lt1 and you can do alot of mods farely cheap to lt1's...GL

01' Firebird Pewter
    98' Trans Am Black

Quote Originally Posted by MYSCZ06 View Post
    Im inclined to say take off all the exterior firbird decals...in my opinion its and over kill. Rims are nice and simple. Tint the side windows to the legal limit. Follow above advice for clenaing engine bay, use the water on a low setting or mist. Make sure you dont get water on your airfilter...try good...keep water away from electronics... you can get in there with a wet rag and clean it up would be better... other wise over all its a clean Lt1 and you can do alot of mods farely cheap to lt1's...GL
    ty!

2002 CETA m6

car has the body of lt1 trans am ws6, did it ever have an lt1???

car looks fantastic for being 14 years old

01' Firebird Pewter
    98' Trans Am Black

Quote Originally Posted by Same ol Situation View Post
    car has the body of lt1 trans am ws6, did it ever have an lt1???

car looks fantastic for being 14 years old
    im older then 14

whats an lt1?

but the rear hatch is trans am
    idk the hood but its not stock
    and what part is the ws6?

Huffy Bike

LT1 is the V8 that was in the F-bodies from to 93'-97'. And then of course from 98'-02' you got the LS1. I'm pretty sure those years are right.

2002 CETA m6

lt1 was the 350ci cast iron engine they used from 93-97 on camaros and trans ams, they then upgrades to the smaller, but more powerful aluminum 346ci ls1 in 98.

ws.6 is the performance package that upgraded suspension and came with the ram air setup. Your car has the ram air hood so thats why i thought it might have been a ws6.

01' Firebird Pewter
    98' Trans Am Black

Quote Originally Posted by Same ol Situation View Post
    lt1 was the 350ci cast iron engine they used from 93-97 on camaros and trans ams, they then upgrades to the smaller, but more powerful aluminum 346ci ls1 in 98.

ws.6 is the performance package that upgraded suspension and came with the ram air setup. Your car has the ram air hood so thats why i thought it might have been a ws6.
    oh i see yeah its just a standard... wait idk if its a 6 cly or v6 but its a 3.8L

Flame Red / Orange Custom
    1998 Trans Am

yeah all Firebirds are V6's. They never put any thing elce in there. Look up on the internet about the differences between a V6 and a straight 6 that should help you understand the mechanics of an engine a little better and the differences in some engines.
    98 Trans Am Custom Paint, Ghost Skuls On Racing Stripe + Custom Front Lip, :MODs Tubular K-member, Tubular Upper and lower A-arms, Tubular Control Arms, 4:10's, Cam L-.567/.575 D@.05-.212/.218,1.85 Roller Rockers, P&P Heads, ARH Headers & HF Cats & Y-Pipe, SLP loudmouth catback, +'s

01' Firebird Pewter
    98' Trans Am Black

Quote Originally Posted by Customta98 View Post
    yeah all Firebirds are V6's. They never put any thing elce in there. Look up on the internet about the differences between a V6 and a straight 6 that should help you understand the mechanics of an engine a little better and the differences in some engines.
    thats a will do, thx

Unhappy

I wouldn't worry about what anybody says about your car. It's a damn nice looking ride. It is way better than what I was drivin when I was your age, which was a 1979 Chrysler Cordoba.

my ws6 eats rice gokillyourself's Avatar

sexy
    1999 trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    lol fuck it, 383, blower cam big heads, straight pipes, and a roots style supercharger. Then 4.10 gears and a built t-56 tranny, lol ok ok i got a little excited haha.
    don't forget the nitrous

my ws6 eats rice gokillyourself's Avatar

sexy
    1999 trans am ws6

that dude was a ricer.you really need to get you a ws6 trans am so if you see that fairy again you call him a ricer and let him eat your burnt rubber. i hate them big a$$ fart cans hanging off the back of those p.o.s cars

388 rwhp & 370 rwtq
    2001 Camaro SS #847

thats a hell of alot nicer than the V6 forest green mustang i had as a first car lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information