Green
    1998 Trans AM

Anyone used these brake rotors and pads?

I was just messing around on ebay looking at brake rotors and pads and came across some from a company called Brake Motive. I have never heard of them before, but they have a package of 4 cross drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads for 175.00 dollars. I was wanting to get some feedback as to if anyone has had any issues with these brakes or if its really a good deal. I am not going to post the link as I thought I saw somewhere that you are not supposed to post links in the forum. Thanks for your help.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

No non sponser links,although I forget sometimes(sorry y2k)i bought some royalty drilled/slotted rotors they have done fine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by cpw006 View Post
    I was just messing around on ebay looking at brake rotors and pads and came across some from a company called Brake Motive. I have never heard of them before, but they have a package of 4 cross drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads for 175.00 dollars. I was wanting to get some feedback as to if anyone has had any issues with these brakes or if its really a good deal. I am not going to post the link as I thought I saw somewhere that you are not supposed to post links in the forum. Thanks for your help.
    I've bought from Brake Motive on ebay before I got the cross drilled and slotted rotors as well as the ceramic pads too and I have had no issues. They have been on for about 15 months I think maybe 18 but they are still in great shape. They have never squeaked for me.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I just put the front ones in, gonna do the back ones real soon. No probs.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I got some slotted and drilled.rotors off eBay for $160 no pad and still have the same.rotors after 3 yrs and 2 sets of pads
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

Just got mine, I will be putting them on today. I had the same question when I bought them. They are some good rotors.

2000 Camaro B4C

ive had mine on for about a year now, no complaints at all

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

I have them on mine and I love em.. Look great too..

Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

Hi Guys....

Just to perhaps get some more thoughts on these rotors and pads from Brakemotive76.... i was reading another thread recently which i cannot find right now, and it was discussing the pros and cons of MUCH more expensive items from the bigger names such as Baer.

Mine is a nice weather car which will never be raced and pampered

Going by all of the recommendations here and all of the good feedback from ebay.... do you think i would be happy with a set of these as suppliers here in the UK absolutely cane us with all of the "middle men", VAT, import duties and so on!

Brakemotive will not ship to the UK but i can get them sent to the guy i bought the car from in Younstown NY and then sent on to me at what will still end up way cheaper than sourcing them here.

Bottom line is... are they OK and will they compare well with stock items and me be pleased with them??!

Sorry to witter on but you guys have it easy and i have to be careful what i have sent over

Thanks in advance

Trev.... )

White
    1998 Trans Am

I still have my $160 eBay rotors set. Ws6store.com also has some good quality cheap rotors. I beat my car when I drive it and chew though pads every 10k or so but the rotors have stood up to 105degree f temps pushing my cat hard though the backroads and haven't had a issue yet so if you don't really race or beat on your car you should get at least 50k plus miles.outta these. I'm on 22k and swapping the 3rd set of pads on and after these i may need to get new ones

sunset orange metallic
    2002 T/A convertible

Quote Originally Posted by speedyWS6 View Post
    Hi Guys....

Just to perhaps get some more thoughts on these rotors and pads from Brakemotive76.... i was reading another thread recently which i cannot find right now, and it was discussing the pros and cons of MUCH more expensive items from the bigger names such as Baer.

Mine is a nice weather car which will never be raced and pampered

Going by all of the recommendations here and all of the good feedback from ebay.... do you think i would be happy with a set of these as suppliers here in the UK absolutely cane us with all of the "middle men", VAT, import duties and so on!

Brakemotive will not ship to the UK but i can get them sent to the guy i bought the car from in Younstown NY and then sent on to me at what will still end up way cheaper than sourcing them here.

Bottom line is... are they OK and will they compare well with stock items and me be pleased with them??!

Sorry to witter on but you guys have it easy and i have to be careful what i have sent over

Thanks in advance

Trev.... )
    AT LEAST IT WON'T BE PAMPERED!!

Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

Mmmmm....

I never worded that right did I !??

But you know what i mean!!

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

anyone heard of brake labs? just looked up brake motive and found them was wondering if anyone had any experience with them.

Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

Hmmmm....

I have just looked around Brakelabs pages and all the deals seem similar to Brakemotive so would also be keen to hear peoples thoughts on them also!

Another thing.... you hear stories of cracking if rotors are drilled. I would assume for regular driving slotted alone would be sufficient ... yay or nay??

Trev... )

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Trev, based on what you posted, you are gonna b way happy with the brakemotive stuff. I actually had problems that I thought I was gonna have to change calipers to get rid of. It would shake and shimmy like crazy on high speed brake stands. I changed the front ones with slotted drilled. Still did it. I changed the back ones and problem GONE. Sweet. And btw, they work. I just had the rims off a couple days ago, and the slots definitely had material in them. They say those rotors give you 30% shorter stopping differences, I'm convinced. This thing stops scary fast now.

Thread Information