Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Anyone running a big hood bird?

This is a discussion on Anyone running a big hood bird? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by KyleLs1 This one is neat now i like that!...

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    This one is neat

Click for full size
    now i like that!

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Me too! Absolutely sick! Anyone see a recent issue of Pontiac Performance where they talked about Year One and the Burt Reynolds Edition restored Trans Ams? Late 70s, just like the movie.. exceeeeept... up to 600 hp engines in them. CLEAN restores too.

Check it out, Expensive btw but I'll just gawk at them! They have a video of them too:

Year One's website

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

I know right. isn't that crazy! the biggest one is 700+ I think, and it's EVERY expensive.

1966 Corvette Coupe

Here are all the ones i got from the power tour... hope they help a bit... thought i had one more... must have lost the pic though...

Oh and I have the net agian soooo ill be on here more... i know you all have missed me...

-me
    Last edited by predator; 06-28-2007 at 06:26 PM.

yellow
    2002 CETA

That red fire chicken is "HOT" I love how the bird is incorperated in the flames!

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

the wing on the white TA makes me want to puke

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

IDK whats worse the extended wing on the bird or the wing on the back...

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    Click for full size
    That is fawkin INsane!

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Here are all the ones i got from the power tour... hope they help a bit... thought i had one more... must have lost the pic though...

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Oh and I have the net agian soooo ill be on here more... i know you all have missed me...

-me
    man, i got pics of the red and black one too, i must have just missed you if you made it to cleveland, were you with a yellow mustand if so, you went right by me on 237 in cleveland at about 8 :15 am. look up my thread i think i have your car in it.

2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

NO!!!!

Black

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    the wing on the white TA makes me want to puke
    "Ready for take-off, Captain!"

NBM
    98 Mecham TA #4 of 14

Quote Originally Posted by 02MechamTA#2 View Post
    Very nice! Its not often you stumble across another Mecham owner, I have the 1998 #4 Mecham T/A.

My paperwork shows that mine originally had the bird when it was new. I think I like mine better without it though.

Black

Having the mecham now, would you say it's worth the money? how long did they have the car?

NBM
    98 Mecham TA #4 of 14

Quote Originally Posted by sharptransam View Post
    Having the mecham now, would you say it's worth the money? how long did they have the car?
    Not sure if I follow you 100%.

The Mecham is my personal favorite of all the F bodys I have owned.
    Its by far the most unique and in my oppinion the best and most agressive looking of the fourth gens. I am the second owner of the car and im not known for keeping cars long but I think this one is a keeper.

NBM
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by bloop View Post
    Live near Dayton. The closest racetrack is KilKar. I have not taken it out to the track, but would like to try some test and tune Thursdays this summer. As for the color, it is one of the fewer colors made. I think the actual rarest color is the medium blue ones.
    I'm in Riverside.are you near there,cuz I think i would recognize your car if I seen it. Its a rare color

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Mecham TA #002

Jeremiah, yours is very nice as well! I have only seen 2 others in person. #14 of 1998 from NH and #3 of 2002 from Michigan. I have a bunch of great pictures of mine next to #3 of 2002 at the 2002 TA Nationals. His is the opposite color scheme so it looked real cool. Check bottom of page: http://www.firebirdgallery.com/dkmlot8.htm

Sharptransam, worth the money? No regrets. I wanted to get a collectible car for the "last" year of the TA and I'm a big fan of their Macho TAs of the '70s. It has a good mix if performance goodies and styling. I believe it was worth it for myself in what I wanted it for. I ordered the car in december 2001, Mecham took delivery of it in late Feb '02 and I recieved it in May. Not too long but I've heard of longer for some people. I think it wouldn't be worth it for some people that would tear the car apart and change everything anyway because you can obviosly build a car cheaper yourself. But as I said, no regrets and I'm completely satisfied with it.

NBM
    98 Mecham TA #4 of 14

Quote Originally Posted by 02MechamTA#2 View Post
    Jeremiah, yours is very nice as well! I have only seen 2 others in person. #14 of 1998 from NH and #3 of 2002 from Michigan. I have a bunch of great pictures of mine next to #3 of 2002 at the 2002 TA Nationals. His is the opposite color scheme so it looked real cool. Check bottom of page: http://www.firebirdgallery.com/dkmlot8.htm

Sharptransam, worth the money? No regrets. I wanted to get a collectible car for the "last" year of the TA and I'm a big fan of their Macho TAs of the '70s. It has a good mix if performance goodies and styling. I believe it was worth it for myself in what I wanted it for. I ordered the car in december 2001, Mecham took delivery of it in late Feb '02 and I recieved it in May. Not too long but I've heard of longer for some people. I think it wouldn't be worth it for some people that would tear the car apart and change everything anyway because you can obviosly build a car cheaper yourself. But as I said, no regrets and I'm completely satisfied with it.
    Thanks for the link, I have done several searches and never seen it.

Mine was bought new here at a local Pontiac dealership. I remember looking at a couple of them sitting at the front door in 01-02 and was blown away by the sticker price. If I remember correctly both of them were approx. $38,000, one white and the other sunset orange.The first owner modified the engine, its a 422 with AFR heads ect. and makes 550/504 Rwhp/Tq with no power adders. Its an M6 car with a Moser 12 bolt, carbon fiber drive shaft and a bolt in 6 point cage. It could be put back to stock if I ever decide to, none of the mods are permenant. He did the engine, rear ect. and never took the car to the track, it was strictly a weekend pleasure/show car and still looks near new with 32K on the odometer. I have the original wheels and most of the other parts in my attic. I had the IForged from my last car, I wasnt crazy about the ROH ZS wheels but if I ever decide to go back to them I have them. I talked to Dennis Mecham last month and got the Mecham window sticker and some other paper work. Dennis is a great guy, I was surprised he took the time to help me to the point that he did.

Black
    2001 WS6

I had a big ass bird on my hood, but my car is so fast, the shit flew off! I'm J/K the cars look really good ya'll

Black
    2002 Trans Am

The birds look awesome. I wondered how they'd look too. All thats missing is the shaker. I like the ram air hoods as i put one on mine, but like that old school shaker on my '79.

Black
    2000 Formula

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

-me
    The Formula was at Carlisle 07 All GM show and picked up a trophy (mine lol) He's a Marine and a real nice guy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information