Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anyone here work or knows a lot about insurance???

This is a discussion on Anyone here work or knows a lot about insurance??? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I can understand your frustration, but realize insurance companies investigate claims for a reason. They need to limit their exposure ...

Red
    99 Firehawk (M6) #518

I can understand your frustration, but realize insurance companies investigate claims for a reason. They need to limit their exposure as much as possible otherwise they would be broke and charging high premiums for their services. I have investigated plenty of auto claims and body shops for suspicious activity in my past job. No police report, miscommunication or not - no tow receipt when ins. co. is expecting you to have one, and what did they find when they tore the car down is my main question here. Signs of racing or something triggered this to escalate in my opinion. Now that doesn't mean you were doing something wrong when the accident occurred, but maybe your possible driving habits. I'm not calling you out or saying your doing these things, but rather offering advice on what I would look for to deny a claim. You don't realize how many bogus claims are put into ins co these days. In IL I couldn't deny a claim with out documented proof, so I had to cover my ass in that department. My camera was my best friend. I would reinspect vehicles after they leave the bodyshop and find only half the stuff completed that we were charged for, unsafe repairs - picture explaining to someone - Sir I need to have your vehicle returned to the body shop for additional repairs - not a fun situation. The main thing is, I hope the ins co told the body shop to tear the vehicle down and not you - they accepted responsibility up to that point if they approved a tear down. As long as you were driving the vehicle at the time of the accident, ins was paid, and can prove it - you should be fine in the end. hope it works out

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by blownh2x View Post
    I can understand your frustration, but realize insurance companies investigate claims for a reason. They need to limit their exposure as much as possible otherwise they would be broke and charging high premiums for their services. I have investigated plenty of auto claims and body shops for suspicious activity in my past job. No police report, miscommunication or not - no tow receipt when ins. co. is expecting you to have one, and what did they find when they tore the car down is my main question here. Signs of racing or something triggered this to escalate in my opinion. Now that doesn't mean you were doing something wrong when the accident occurred, but maybe your possible driving habits. I'm not calling you out or saying your doing these things, but rather offering advice on what I would look for to deny a claim. You don't realize how many bogus claims are put into ins co these days. In IL I couldn't deny a claim with out documented proof, so I had to cover my ass in that department. My camera was my best friend. I would reinspect vehicles after they leave the bodyshop and find only half the stuff completed that we were charged for, unsafe repairs - picture explaining to someone - Sir I need to have your vehicle returned to the body shop for additional repairs - not a fun situation. The main thing is, I hope the ins co told the body shop to tear the vehicle down and not you - they accepted responsibility up to that point if they approved a tear down. As long as you were driving the vehicle at the time of the accident, ins was paid, and can prove it - you should be fine in the end. hope it works out
    They tore my car apart, and totaled it out. they were ready to pay me but then they said that they couldnt unless the had a tow reciept. now the only reason why they are investigating is because of miscomunnication on both mine and the adjusters.
    i had told them that i called for a tow truck because i thought the car wasnt drivable, then i realzied that is was and it was only body damaged on top of that they were taking for ever to get there. so i canceld the tow truck and drove the car home. i guess they took it as me getting my car towed.
    also i had to renew my policy a month prior to the accident, i did so. i've been with progressive for over 2 years now.

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

i have a damn near perfect driving record! thats what angries me so much i've been with them for so long and managed to keep a good driving record. i would imagen that be enough for them.

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

ttt

RED
    2002 FORMULA

Have they finished investigating yet?

None

That sucks dude!
    I have heard that Progressive is hard to work with...

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

they are still investigating, and now im getting phone calls from my bank now. so im getting it from both ends now.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Do what I did with my truck. I told the bank it was totaled and I wasn't going to make another payment and gave them the insurance adj. number and my agents number and told them to push them for them money. It was payed off within a few days.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

RED
    2002 FORMULA

2 week to investigate. Call the district manager or your adjusters boss. If you dont have a ball check, these guys are going to walk all over you. The adjusters job is not to pay you. Then again, you left the scene of an accident. You also didnt report it. Makes you look guilty.

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

the damaged didnt look that bad and the cr was still drivable, so i didnt think i needed to report it. i let my insurance know.

Red
    99 Firehawk (M6) #518

I would ask the adjuster for a letter of denial on the coverage. If he gives you one it will state why the claim has been denied and then you can seek legal action - believe me, attorneys love going after deep ins. pockets. If he doesn't give you one the claim should be paid immediately. This will make the adj. shit or get off the pot.

When I was 16 state farm denied a claim on me and I drove the vehicle with a bad alignment until the tire blew out on the highway putting me in the ditch. They ended up fixing everything on the car, had to settle a personal injury claim with me, and was also charged with putting my life in danger. In the end I had a nice check from them along with a fixed vehicle. This is where Ins. Co. are stupid on denying claims that they can't prove.

I do feel for you - I've been on both sides of the fence.

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

go down to the local office. screw calling, showing up in person unanounced usually will turn things in your favor.

RED
    2002 FORMULA

OK, i used to sell insurance. I looked up California departments that handle insurance sales, it was very easy. In Cali there is a department of insurance, they have a customer service and customer complaint line. These are the people that can close you insurance office. They are trying to screw you. figure your young driving fast car..... File a claim against the company for age discrimination. Three weeks is about 19days too long.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Report them to the BBB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information