Thread: anybody know

Bright Silver Metallic
    2000 Formula

anybody know

Both of the elastic stuff on my visors is pretty much shot. I was wondering if this has occured to any of you and what you did about it... Im thinking about just cutting them off or what not because i would imagain i would have to buy new ones or something. Anyway what have you all done for this if it has happened to you. also i wasnt sure what section to put this in so dont get to angry if this is the wrong spot. Thanks in advance.

carl

Black
    1998 Trans Am

This has happened on all my old cars with the elastic band on the visor. Out here in AZ the sun wastes no time rotting them away.My T/A rarely gets out of the garage so it's still in tact.

On my other cars I just popped the threads that held them in to make it look like it was never there(other than the slight discoloration - again caused by our blazing sun).

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

You might want to go by a junkyard and see if there is any good visors or you could get something custome done to them. I have had many f-bodys and it seems to happen alot.

flat black
    its the crappy material GM made that elastic crap from...bought the only thing you can do is replace it with more crappy GM stuff or like kemp said pop the threads and just take it off

RGAllen26
    Yeah, mine are shot too! I just cut em off. I never used em anyway. Cheap ass stuff.

Big Nasty

Artic White
    1998 Trans Am

You could always take them off and take them to a seamstress place and get new ones put on.
    98 TA LS1/M6........79 Formula 400/TH400
    "I got the shakes that'll make you quake! I got the fries that'll cross your eyes! I got that burgers that'll... I just got burgers." - Cheeseburger Eddie

Thread Information