Black
    1999 Trans Am

Anybody Kill a SRT8?

Hey, I'm also a member over at www.chargerforums.com as I also own a Dodge Daytona Charger. And there is a fairly heated debate over there about how the SRT8 will beat a WS6 (stock) Just curious if any of you guys have had the pleasure of matching up to one yet?

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I've destroyed a few of them but i'm not stock.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

how do you think you would have done pre-mods?

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

i would have still got i. my motor is completely built so it wasn't much of a race, i pulled 10 cars right off the bat.

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

I've driven a 300-SRT8 (probably not quite as fast as a Charger SRT8) and, while it's hard to tell by the SOTP, it didn't seem quite as fast as my T/A. But then again 6Ms "feel" stonger than autos, so that may have been deceiving. From what I've read, both LS1 f-bods and SRT8s run from mid 13s to a few dipping into the 12s stock, so I'd bet it depends more on the driver.

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag View Post
    I've driven a 300-SRT8 (probably not quite as fast as a Charger SRT8) and, while it's hard to tell by the SOTP, it didn't seem quite as fast as my T/A. But then again 6Ms "feel" stonger than autos, so that may have been deceiving. From what I've read, both LS1 f-bods and SRT8s run from mid 13s to a few dipping into the 12s stock, so I'd bet it depends more on the driver.

That's pretty much what I'm hearing. Anybody's race. I have a feeling though that stock for stock, the big hemi will start to chase down any lead you may get with a hole shot.
    My Daytona has the 5.7 hemi, not a beast off of the line but on the top end it's a monster. I can only imagine the 6.1 would do much better. I've seen a lot of times in the low 13's for the SRT.

black
    2001 formula firebird

i have not yet had the pleasure of beating a 6.1L hemi

NBM
    01 WS6 TA

Quote Originally Posted by christianjax View Post
    That's pretty much what I'm hearing. Anybody's race. I have a feeling though that stock for stock, the big hemi will start to chase down any lead you may get with a hole shot.
    My Daytona has the 5.7 hemi, not a beast off of the line but on the top end it's a monster. I can only imagine the 6.1 would do much better. I've seen a lot of times in the low 13's for the SRT.
    I think your statement is backwards. I've only raced 1 of the SRT8's but he got me out of the hole and I tracked him down rather easily in the top end. Although I am also not stock. Most of the races I have run in this car have been like that. I play catch up. And I have a 9" with 4:11's in it. Of course maybe that's my problem, I come off the line easy to keep from blowing the tires off. In a short race, stop light to stop light I think the Charger has the advantage which is maybe why the guys on your other forum think they are faster. They line someone up at a light and and the race is over before the LS1 gets into its power. JMHO

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

whats the srt's 1/4 mile times?????? arnt they somwhere around 13.1 108 or somthing? and a stock ws6 goes 13 fla-13.3 around 107......sounds like a drivers race to me

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    whats the srt's 1/4 mile times?????? arnt they somwhere around 13.1 108 or somthing? and a stock ws6 goes 13 fla-13.3 around 107......sounds like a drivers race to me
    You got it. I was just curious if a Stock WS6 has tangled with one yet. Not to many mods out there for the SRT's yet. So Chances are THEY will be mostly stock.

SUNSET ORANGE
    2001 PONTIAC TRANS AM WS6

I ran both a srt8 and the new charger. The charger was on the highway and i though at first it might be a cop so i let it go. But another car some (pos) flew pass both of us and it do anything. So we got next to each other and he takes off on me so i gun it. I was at 110 in no time and he was 3 cars behind me. This went on for a few miles before i let it go.

Just the other day there was a yellow srt8 next to me at the light and know one around for at least a mile so we took off and i was gone by at least a car going 70,75. It was way easy.

I just have a few mods. nothing to write about. Just a healthly car. and a m6.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

the ls1 should pull the charger in the upper RPMs. its lighter
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

stock for stock? auto to auto? I would hafta say it's a driver's race...hell, a good driver in a regular TA M6 could take an SRT-8 in the 1320 if the SRT-8 driver's not on his toes...
    95 Exploder

01 R1 coming?

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

I was at the track back in August and there was a Jeep SRT8 there running around 13.5's, so the car versions should be notably faster. I couldn't take it stock.

Thread Information