last of the breed... urstolendesire's Avatar

Red
    2002 Transam

ANYBODY else run into this!?

Aparently on the car, after it sits for 30 seconds or so all the electronics turn off on the car? i jus put in that alarm and that seems to be the case why the doors wont unlock after that time... Anyone else know of how or why or a way to get around this... i'm assuming its part of the stock security..?
    Real cars dont spin the front wheels, they lift them off the ground!!

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Did you disable PassLock II ? It could be interfering with your new system.

83 Z28 new project
    98 Formula WS7-sold:(

That's the infamous Retained Accessory Power (RAP) system. Its part of the system that keeps most of the goodies on after you turn the key off. I dont the specifics, but the way its wired is probably wrong. I know the unlock portion requires a relay setup to work and I also know that you need to get power to the alarm from the battery, not from anywhere else.

Red
    2002 Transam

ya the alarm has power all the time same for the satillite relay box, the main control unit actually has built in relays for the door locks... when you use the remote start, the system wakes up and the doors will unlock but without that... iunno how to wire this up would i have to run a completly different relay for just the unlock portion that would have power on at all times? then when switched on it would trigger the relay? but with the system having them internally i dont see why it just wont work without it...?

Red
    2002 Transam

passlock II how...? is there a certain wire that i can get into to do that? i pulled up on directechs website how to disable the factory alarm system and i've done that...

83 Z28 new project
    98 Formula WS7-sold:(

I thought about wiring my alarm in by myself, but then with some of the issues I heard about, I said screw it and went to Best Buy and let them do it. Funny thing is that the transmitter functions work perfectly, but the locks I wanted to work with the ignition only unlock when the ignition is turned off. They still cant fix it.

Red
    2002 Transam

ya i'm MECP certified, and i'm buddies with the guys at the bestbuy i used to work with there about as clueless as i am...theres a way to get around it, i jus cant figure it out...either way i'm tired of messin with it.

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Check out #9 and 11 here http://mods.firebirdv6.com/stereo.html#FBEAQ_9. They may help.

Also http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...light=passlock.

Hopefully one of these will help you out...
    Last edited by jag42420; 04-06-2007 at 06:19 PM.

Red
    2002 Transam

**You'll have to wire the alarm for domelight supervision so that the BCM "wakes" back up**

ya it says that, but i need to know how to do that...

thnx for the try though..

Red
    2002 Transam

so if anyones following this and seein where it went, today i ended up runnin a single pole single throw relay to the door unlock motor, and its input beiing the trigger comin from the brain of the alarm. then had the door trigger on the other lead which has a negative polarity so that grounded it out, opening the relay. working awsome!!! lovin it, but hatin relays.

Even Bandit Is Jealous mpunklil's Avatar

Black
    2004 Cadillac CTS-V

Im the relay GOD, I probably have a 18x18x12 box FULL of DEI 451M relay modules from my install days. They are the most useful little things By the way people, you should use the motor wires off the BCM, and not the trigger wires off the BCM for your door locks

URSTOLENDESIRE
    would you happen to have the password for the directech website?? I used to have it, but I lost it, and I'm not in the industry anymore. Ex-MECP certified, Gold level. CC two years, BB two years.
    Thanks!
    Matt

Black
    2004 Cadillac CTS-V

almost forgot, domelight supervision is cake to hook up, and a few of the nicer alarms have a built in relay to do so...otherwise all you need is one relay to hook it up. There should be a diagram in the booklet that came w/ the alarm about how to hook it up.

Red
    2002 Transam

yeah i got it, send me an email and i'll reply with it...good thing i quit bestbuy

11 Second Club 11.34 bigboykilroy's Avatar

Red
    1998 Firebird Trans AM

had the same problem. Had to use a diode on the dome light to wake the system back up.

Black
    2004 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by urstolendesire View Post
    yeah i got it, send me an email and i'll reply with it...good thing i quit bestbuy

I PMed you, but apparently I cant recieve PM's yet cuz im a newb . email me it at windwsxpbronco2@hotmail.com.
    thanks again!

Thread Information