Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Any tall people here?

This is a discussion on Any tall people here? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ...

green
    98 formula

with the seat straight up you will probably hit the roof even I at 5'11" feel like the roof is close with the seat up all the way but just a few degrees leaned back should fix the headroom problem you will have to try it for yourself to be sure i have heard of people moving the seat back im not sure how easy that is I havent had to do it but im sure it could be done fairly easy just unbolt and drill new holes maybe have to make brakets but I dont know good luck with the f-body if you get one

Quote Originally Posted by kr View Post
    Alright, so I'm almost 6'4, and my last car I had troubles with my head hitting the roof. Is there anybody here that's about 6'3-6'4? And if so, how well do you fit into you're firebird/ta? If I knew anybody around here with one I would just ask to sit in it, but since I don't, I have to resort to asking an online forum lol. Thanks for any help.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

6'6 and the only time my head hits the roof is at the track with the helmet on and thats only if the sun shades are in.

Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I agree with luster iam also 6'5" and about 250 lbs i recline the seat back all the way and i am fine just a little hard getting out next to cars due to the huge doors on the car and it needs to be all the way open to get out.

bright red
    98 formula

I am 6foot 5 I have no problem with head room in my 98 formula with t tops.I just recline the seat back. the only problem i have is I have to open the door all the way when I get out of the car

green
    98 formula

I never thought being under 6' would be an advantage you guys are some tall mo fos

Driving as fast as I can dafaic's Avatar

Silver
    97 TA M6

I am 6'2 big round guy 370 no problems in my 97 ta and my father-in-law who drives the car more than I do is 6'4" 230 and disabled and he manages just fine. Bet all you 40 year old farts wish you had a son in law like me. Hey pop since i gotta buy a car for you to drive im gonna buy me a 12 second car to have fun in but you get to drive it!
    Click for full size
    lt4 hot cam, l.e. heads, gold 1.6rr, hooker lts, 3"ypipe, hookercatback, no cats, subframes, b&m ripper, k&n cai, msd6a-coil-opti, udp, tr55 g's, ta girdle, 4.10's, boxed control arms, Madz28 tune, specstg3, alum. elbow. No traction

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 camaro SS A4

Go to a used car dealer. Test drive one and see if it fits you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SS #2988, A4, Navy Blue Metalic, 335HP Dual Dual Exhaust, Chrome 10 spokes, Floor mats, Dash plaque, and SS Grille
    Best ET 13.08 @ 106.1, 2.00 60', with SLP lid

white -RIP-
    2000 Trans Am

i cant say that at 5'5 i really have a whole lot of problems fitting in my car lol

I'm 6'4"-5" 245lbs or so and not a problem. I had more leg room in my stealths, but the center console area sucked on them. I have no problem getting in or out either. Maybe when Im an old man, but for now its all good.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

I'm 6'5" and have no trouble in my 2002 SS. Plenty of leg room.

That being said, I haven't seen how well I'm going to fit inside with a helmet on at the track.

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Jane_says View Post
    i cant say that at 5'5 i really have a whole lot of problems fitting in my car lol
    me and you both =) well im not 5'5...im 5'9..but just saying...im not 6'5 lol

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

My buddy is 6'7.5", he fits good, haven't gotten him into a race helmet yet, this year is the year. I myself am 5'10"

Black
    98 Trans Am

6'4" barefooted, 310lbs old fart, and with seat max down and back and steering comfortably adjusted....no probs...even when wearing my favorite T/A ball cap, and the seat back adjustment at a "normal" looking rake!!

NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Im 6'5" and have no problem either.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

6'4" 240lbs, my car was a hard top, and i converted it. no problems either way. its all in seat adjustment.

Old man with an F-Body!!! Kajun Taz's Avatar

Red/Neutral(tan)
    '02 WS6/K&N airfilter.

Quote Originally Posted by dafaic View Post
    I am 6'2 big round guy 370 no problems in my 97 ta and my father-in-law who drives the car more than I do is 6'4" 230 and disabled and he manages just fine. Bet all you 40 year old farts wish you had a son in law like me. Hey pop since i gotta buy a car for you to drive im gonna buy me a 12 second car to have fun in but you get to drive it!

disabled 46 year old fart here, got my own WS6 to drive, and at 6'0tall, #265, I fit ok, but I really find that the driver's seat should go back a bit further then it does... even a measley inch or two more would allow me to stretch my legs out and be in a much better position for driving.
    PROUD father of a United States Marine.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

+1 on the further back, am looking into modding my seat track...

Driving as fast as I can dafaic's Avatar

Silver
    97 TA M6

Quote Originally Posted by Kajun Taz View Post
    disabled 46 year old fart here, got my own WS6 to drive, and at 6'0tall, #265, I fit ok, but I really find that the driver's seat should go back a bit further then it does... even a measley inch or two more would allow me to stretch my legs out and be in a much better position for driving.

well hopefully when he finally gets his disability which was applied for 10/04 and still doesn't have it then he will get him something. Finally had court 2 weeks ago and they finally said it. So we are waiting desperatly for that first check!!! He is thinking about getting him an lt1 also...Or a Drop top pink caddy LOL...I told him to go with a drop top lt1/ls1. He like the looks of my ta better than the newer style so he would prolly get an lt1.

And yes another inch would make it a little easier on the legs. But another inch or two would prolly hit the front of the back seat...

Old man with an F-Body!!! Kajun Taz's Avatar

Red/Neutral(tan)
    '02 WS6/K&N airfilter.

Quote Originally Posted by dafaic View Post
    well hopefully when he finally gets his disability which was applied for 10/04 and still doesn't have it then he will get him something. Finally had court 2 weeks ago and they finally said it. So we are waiting desperatly for that first check!!! He is thinking about getting him an lt1 also...Or a Drop top pink caddy LOL...I told him to go with a drop top lt1/ls1. He like the looks of my ta better than the newer style so he would prolly get an lt1.

And yes another inch would make it a little easier on the legs. But another inch or two would prolly hit the front of the back seat...

No one ever sits behind my seat, so it wouldn't matter, and my wife is only 5'4", so the passenger side is good enough for her and our 12 year old son(only one at home).

As far as Social Security.... They are in no hurry to pay us anything. It took me 2 lawyers and almost 7 years to get mine. To make matters worse, they still didn't come off the money they were supposed to, I got very little backpay and a sorry ass monthly check to look forward to. But, I managed to get my WS6 and have enough to pay the note, insurance, monthly bills, and a bit left over for gas & cigs(if I could only stop smoking, I could make more roadtrips). Now my wife has every reason in the world to bitch me out every day, but when she gets in that car and we pull those T-Tops off........

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

im 6'2 and somehow i fit in my camaro nice and comfterbal. Most of the other sports cars ive been in ive hit my head ont he ceiling on the way out, my heads on the ceiling while sitting in and i just drop my seats all the way have have like 3 inches of head room its perfect

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information