Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

Another Who will win thread.

I am supposed to race a 99 Mustang GT tomorrow at the drag strip. He has intake, exaust, and a power programmer. He says he will beat me and I didn't disagree with him. I didn't want to start talking and have to be put in my place. I am stock.

I always hear about how the ls1's are SO much faster than the mustangs. But I don't know if I believe it. I am not asking you who will win the race because I know it depends too much on the driver. But I was just wondering how fast the ls1's are compared to mustangs, STi's, vettes etc...

2001 WS6, 2003 SRT4(sold)

If you lose to a 99GT it'll only be because you're running on less than all eight cylinders. Or, if you turn off the car.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanater View Post
    I am supposed to race a 99 Mustang GT tomorrow at the drag strip. He has intake, exaust, and a power programmer. He says he will beat me and I didn't disagree with him. I didn't want to start talking and have to be put in my place. I am stock.

I always hear about how the ls1's are SO much faster than the mustangs. But I don't know if I believe it. I am not asking you who will win the race because I know it depends too much on the driver. But I was just wondering how fast the ls1's are compared to mustangs, STi's, vettes etc...
    Mustang's are slow unless they are 03 and up cobras, etc etc etc........ but a little known fact is that mustangs (except listed above) didn't start making 300+ horsepower until the new body style came out. With the mods he has and you stock you should still walk on him!!!

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by RandomOmen View Post
    If you lose to a 99GT it'll only be because you're running on less than all eight cylinders. Or, if you turn off the car.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

They are correct as far the GT he will get walked you should run about a second faster than him in the quarter with his mods. As for the STI off the line on the street they rock, you will ahve to be a good driver to catch and pass them, I have done it. As for the vette, if its an ls1 vette you stand a chance otherwise anything newer or a z06 say goodbye. LT1 vettes not too hard.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

IF YOU DRIVE O.K.......

you will kill the gt

you will catch and beat the sti

you should beat the LT1 vette

the ls1 vette will get you stock for stock. just the perks of not being porky....

2000 Trans Am

i love our cars, just thought i would add that !

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

yeah, something about owning a stang inflates your ego. they always think that they are the elite of the domestics. You should make him feel pretty stupid.
    we have a college town south of me, and there's always some freshman in a new mustang, v6, and wanting to race.

all cars are generally quicker than the last generations...and anything from the 80's is generally slow, even the vettes with 205 hp.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I have taken some ls1 vettes, maybe that just cause im so fucking GREAT

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

fuel d by hopes, dreams, and
    j/k what mods you got? there's some geriatrics around here I want to mess with!

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Im lowered got a lid, LTs, Hooker catback, drilled slotted rotors and a 400hp clutch. Trying to get my cam in but dont have my new oil pump yet or my lifter holding tool. I ran a 12.8 im a m6, my average times are 13 flats or 12.9s

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar

when you kill him like hes in reverse you will come a true believer of the ls1...MUAHAHAH AHAHAHAH A TRUE FUCKIN BELIEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAH HAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.......MMMMMM HA
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Hes right you know i used to beat 2000+ GTs in my freinds stock GTP that ran a 14.7. Now of course his GTP runs an 11.6 buts thats beside the point.

1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

WellI guess we will have to see tomorrow. If I end up going. I don't know of any vettes I will be racing but I will be racing that GT and a stage 2 STi. I think that STi will walk all over me but who knows.

2000 Trans Am

anyone hear about how good the new mustangs run? and do they keep up with us i haven't raced one yet just thought someone else might have. and i was beating corvettes at the track last weekend. needless to say our cars are way underrated.
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    when you kill him like hes in reverse you will come a true believer of the ls1...MUAHAHAH AHAHAHAH A TRUE FUCKIN BELIEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAH HAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.......MMMMMM HA
    I believe in the LS1 for sure! I just think some of you guys take it too far. The way some of you talk about it you would think it was designed by God himself. It runs mid 13's on average, which is friggin fast but not unbeatable.

But that being said, I must admit that engine is pretty incredible as long as it's over 3,000 rpm's, thats when it really kicks in.

I can't wait to start modding.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Whoever gets to the finish line first will win
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    i wasnt a true beliver of the LS1 until the day i purchased my car. WOT throwin me back in the seat for the first time...all i could say was DAMN!!

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    I believe in the LS1 for sure! I just think some of you guys take it too far. The way some of you talk about it you would think it was designed by God himself. It runs mid 13's on average, which is friggin fast but not unbeatable.

But that being said, I must admit that engine is pretty incredible as long as it's over 3,000 rpm's, thats when it really kicks in.

I can't wait to start modding.
    how do you know it wasnt designed by him!! lol

1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Whoever gets to the finish line first will win
    I agree. I hate these threads where people ask who will win a race. I didn't really start this thread asking who will win I was just looking for some numbers on those mustangs. I have heard they are slow, but I have also heard they are really fast.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information