angry, disappointed... funny?

This is a discussion on angry, disappointed... funny? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; so i was driving the t\a around yesterday when coming at me from the other direction was another ws6! i ...

silver
    2002 ws6

angry, disappointed... funny?

so i was driving the t\a around yesterday when coming at me from the other direction was another ws6! i got excited as there is basically zero other ws6 cars around here. it was a nice black car, ram air of course. could see the spoiler on the back. was obviously a 98-02 car... as it went by i seen the trans am emblems on the door...

then as he passed he gave a rev! FARRRRRRRRT! A V6! who does that! i didnt know whether to laugh, be angry, beat the guy... anyone else ever seen one of these?

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

who cares is my personal thoughts on who drives what.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

green
    98 formula

a nice car is a nice car no matter what engine I prefer a v-8 but some people just go for looks

kinda like back when I was single I went for looks over brains

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

wow thats as poser as it gets. imo the ram air is poser but that is arguable. putting trans am on a v6 is just wrong. you should be proud of what you have or get another car.

or maybe he has that new slp exhaust...

silver
    2002 ws6

it was definately a v6... oh well at least some ricer can feel good about beating a ws6....

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

The ram air hood and spoiler was ok but putting T/A badging on a V6 Firebird is not right, it will also make you look like an idiot.

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

a guy at my school put a cobra badge on his stock v6 stang. he didn't even try to make it look like one lol. he took it off in a couple of days because people gave him so much shit about it.

silver
    2002 ws6

friend of mine bought a 92 "cobra". the snakes didnt even match the contours of the fenders (on one end they were like a quarter inch off the fender) and the rest of the car said GT everywhere. he said to me "nice cobra huh?" i was like uhhhh yeah...

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Just the other day I spied in my rearview what I had thought to be a LS1 WS6 Formula, real clean, well cared-for from the shine. I stopped at a light for a left turn and as he passed I heard the distinct V6 "brappppt" and noticed a badge resembling "WS6" on the right of the rear bumper. I thought it said "W87", wasn't that the spoiler option on the Firebirds / Formulas?? Anyway, very clean V6 'Bird, and I have no issues w/ slapping on a hood, and I give him props for NOT putting a "WS6" badge on the bumper.

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

Here is my story. When my V-6 was in a car accident, I had to have the hood replaced. When the car shop inquired which hood was the one they were supposed to order, OF COURSE I said the ram air. Suprisingly, they ordered it...put it on the car....painted it...insurance covered it....and delivered it...without any questions. So, mine was a free upgrade.

Now when I bought my WS-9, it had the non ram air hood on it. So, I swapped hood the first day off. So, I am glad I had my ram air on my V-6 or else my WS-9 would be naked.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag View Post
    Just the other day I spied in my rearview what I had thought to be a LS1 WS6 Formula, real clean, well cared-for from the shine. I stopped at a light for a left turn and as he passed I heard the distinct V6 "brappppt" and noticed a badge resembling "WS6" on the right of the rear bumper. I thought it said "W87", wasn't that the spoiler option on the Firebirds / Formulas?? Anyway, very clean V6 'Bird, and I have no issues w/ slapping on a hood, and I give him props for NOT putting a "WS6" badge on the bumper.
    i think i made that badge...i vaguely remember doing so

Blue
    2001 Formula Firehawk

That's some funny stuff man. The other day a kid started laughing at me at a red light and informed me there was no such thing as a Firehawk, and told me how "ricey" my car is... The only problem with that is, it's still bone stock, with no added stickers or anything...

green
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by Sas View Post
    That's some funny stuff man. The other day a kid started laughing at me at a red light and informed me there was no such thing as a Firehawk, and told me how "ricey" my car is... The only problem with that is, it's still bone stock, with no added stickers or anything...
    and what was he driving? what happened next?

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by Sas View Post
    that guy sounds like a complete idiot geez

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    so i was driving the t\a around yesterday when coming at me from the other direction was another ws6! i got excited as there is basically zero other ws6 cars around here. it was a nice black car, ram air of course. could see the spoiler on the back. was obviously a 98-02 car... as it went by i seen the trans am emblems on the door...

then as he passed he gave a rev! FARRRRRRRRT! A V6! who does that! i didnt know whether to laugh, be angry, beat the guy... anyone else ever seen one of these?
    ...did he have the t/a front bumper ?

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    i think i made that badge...i vaguely remember doing so
    Probably was, nice looking badge (not a decal). What was wierd was just a few days prior to that I saw a REAL WS6 Formula the same color (NBM), which was a rare sight. I thought it was the same guy. I've seen less than a handful of WS6 Formy's on the road over the years.

Thread Information