Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Am I doing right?

This is a discussion on Am I doing right? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by wooddaniel Did you buy those wheels off LS1tech? If so I almost bought that same set. I ...

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Did you buy those wheels off LS1tech? If so I almost bought that same set. I cant wait to see how they look, I have been stalking the internet for Pictures of C6ZR1's on a Ta
    ive seen the black ones like in the pic on a white ws6 at the bradenton drag strip before and they look sick!

Sunset Orange
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

I bought the wheels off of a wheel shop in Clovis, Ca. I am running Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus ZP, 285/35/19 for the rear and 245/40/18 for the front. So far I LOVE THESE TIRES, I LOVE THESE WHEELS, the ride looks and feels so much better, also these wheels are half the weight of dem god damn rims! To fit em on though I had to pull out the BFH and put on a 1/4 spacer on the rears (19x10).
    Sadly the tires came in late so all the pictures are darker~ and I forgot to clean the wheels, so i'll post new pics now and then tomorrow I will take better ones.

Tomorrow I will clean her up and get her all purtied up for photos that'll be alot better
    Last edited by Cutlass; 12-16-2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Removed slur

Silence Is Not Golden. stolenthunder's Avatar

Blue
    1998, Trans Am

If I believed in hell, I would believe that there were a special place within it for the kind of sick monster that it takes to put spinners on a T/A.

Definite improvement. Kudos.

Sunset Orange
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Atm going thru my epic detailing process because those pictures portrayed her a lil bad looking... Sad Draik is Sad. If there is a hell that special place you are talking about would be right next to the people who put 22"+ rims on em and paint em "WtF" colors and hydraulics on em...

Blue
    1998, Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Draik View Post
    Atm going thru my epic detailing process because those pictures portrayed her a lil bad looking... Sad Draik is Sad. If there is a hell that special place you are talking about would be right next to the people who put 22"+ rims on em and paint em "WtF" colors and hydraulics on em...
    Man you're going to give me nightmares.

I live in a small town. Everybody here has seen my car and I get alot of the "blank" "why not me" stares, pointing fingers and excessive female attention. That's a given for the type of cars we drive. But here's the kicker, I swear, after I started rumbling through the ghetto side (cutting through it) with my T-Tops off at least 2 firebirds have popped up over there with huge chrome rims, glue-on side portholes and chrome fender accents. I want to vomit.

Sunset Orange
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

I've seen a lot of those going through the bay area in certain parts.. and in other parts i see sexxxy cars. So far in Clovis no ghetto F-Bodies yet thankfully =X

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Draik View Post
    I've seen a lot of those going through the bay area in certain parts.. and in other parts i see sexxxy cars. So far in Clovis no ghetto F-Bodies yet thankfully =X
    Your otta Clovis? If your ever in Visalia Pm me. Like to see the car up close.
    Lt's,SFC,3,600 Fuddle stall,Spohn Adj. tunnel mount torque arm, BMR LCA,Ls6 intake,Air lid,Under drive pulley,S60 rear,Frost tune and a few more things I cant remember.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

looks 1000x better now. Get some day pics of the whole car!

Blue
    1998, Trans Am

The paint on your car is sick and it goes good with those black wheels. Nice, aggressive shade of red.

May not be the preference of others, but I love black wheels and I'm shopping to get myself a set. Black metal blends well with black rubber...just looks right.

White/Black
    98 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by stolenthunder View Post
    Man you're going to give me nightmares.

I live in a small town. Everybody here has seen my car and I get alot of the "blank" "why not me" stares, pointing fingers and excessive female attention. That's a given for the type of cars we drive. But here's the kicker, I swear, after I started rumbling through the ghetto side (cutting through it) with my T-Tops off at least 2 firebirds have popped up over there with huge chrome rims, glue-on side portholes and chrome fender accents. I want to vomit.
    Yeah i know what u mean man I live in Anderson and ive seen some ghettorized f-bodys and it makes me sick they need to stick with their hondas and crown vics and leave the hot rods to people that respect american muscle...

White/Black
    98 Camaro Z28

Them rims look awesome dude way better than what was on there...definetely need some pics in the daytime though!

Pewter
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS

Look awesonme need better pics
    Last edited by Cutlass; 12-16-2010 at 06:37 PM. Reason: removed slur

Sunset Orange
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Well, I had finals today and the weather decided to rain. So not very many good pics, decided while I was hungry and saw the car out the window and decided it was a good pic opportunity

Sits kind of high, I plan to drop it a little bit soon, just need to replace my catalytic converters first...
    New picture should be hopefully later today seeing that it is 1am and hopefully no rain. Also going to use an HD camera, not my cell phone...

Sunset Orange
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Moar pictures

More to come but I am going to take my dogs 4 wheeling today

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

dude I am digging it, goes well with the light covers also man, so much better than those damn bling bling indian sold rims.

any reason when you went with those tire sizes? you could EZ fit wider tires on those rims....none the less you did a VERY good swaping the rims

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

I know it's personal preference and all, and the car looks much better than it did before... but imo that color deserves chrome
    But thats just me

White/Black
    98 Camaro Z28

I think it looks badass man the headlight covers go well with the rims

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Looks good man, but I bet they are a bitch to clean up eh

Sunset Orange
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    any reason when you went with those tire sizes? you could EZ fit wider tires on those rims....none the less you did a VERY good swaping the rims
    Originally I was going to buy the Black C6 Z06 19x10/18x18.5 that had a minor lip, and they recommended 285 for the rear so I assumed that what would fit best, what would of been the widest? Also I read the review on the run flats I got and they were all good, but they only had 4 sizes... Which were specifically C5/C6 Rear/Front sizes... How wide could I of fit?
    Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    Looks good man, but I bet they are a bitch to clean up eh
    Surprisingly its much easier then chrome, to make chrome actually look good always gotta polish, I learned that from the Harley... Too Much Shiny to polish, with these I spray a lil detailing spray and wipe
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    I know it's personal preference and all, and the car looks much better than it did before... but imo that color deserves chrome
    But thats just me
    I am to young for chrome is one excuse i came up with, i found that orange and chrome together was the natural stereotype, but I enjoy dark colors more then shiny. And my friend when i borrowed his wheels they were black and i really liked them.

PS. I just learned how to multi quote lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information