ALoha from Hawaii

This is a discussion on ALoha from Hawaii within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Hey everyone. Let me just say, it been the funnest car Ive owned. Ever. Coming from subys and hondas, this ...

Oahu, HI

Talking ALoha from Hawaii

Hey everyone. Let me just say, it been the funnest car Ive owned. Ever. Coming from subys and hondas, this is a whole new level. My friend was building this ws6 from the ground up for the past 9 years. Its a 98 ws6. 408ci. ms4 cam . patriot heads ..etc. Crazy built, trans, rear end 4.10, danas. full welded an bolted chassis braces, it was actually built for the track and motor was built for nos or boost. 10.5 comp. Just wanted to know, he had it tuned, put 552rwhp on the motor. He put msd digital ignition coil pack, and fast fuel system, pump etc. He tuned it using EM1 live or something, but cant find the tuner lol. It seems to backfire and pop an lose power when I fuel throttle at almost any rpm..not to much down low though. What could be the problem? Is there a good tuner system I should get? THeres no real tuner for ls1 out here in oahu I pretty sure, so as much help would be greatful. Thanks again guys, and I will be seeing more of this forum! ALohaz!

New Hampshire

1999 Camaro SS #1437

Welcome to the site

college station, tx

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

spend money on a tune, done by a shop, you mail your pcm to many places and they can do it for you, just dont use a tuner, they dont work as well and might cost more, welcome to the site, lots of good info and helpful car people here

Oahu, HI
    yea...thanks for all the info...its weird.but the car doesnt do it now...since i went through a full tank of gas...and driving her..regularly. ..thanks again guys..

Bay Area

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Hp tuners is something along the lines the last owner used. If it ever becomes problematic and there are not any lsx tuners in your area you get the program and have a tuner here over here help tune it via e-mail. Frost is one of those people.

Throw up some pics via photobucket

Pearl City, HI

White w/Blue stripes
    99 Trans Am WS6 30th#1588

Aloha as well. Which one is yours? Have you been to ?

Thread Information