Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

allen samuels dealership totaled my car!

This is a discussion on allen samuels dealership totaled my car! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; yeah i'm surprised you arent getting phone calls out the wazoo from lawmen wanting to take this case...

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

yeah i'm surprised you arent getting phone calls out the wazoo from lawmen wanting to take this case

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Get a lieyer to write a letter that you are going to sue for loss of your property and attorney fees. Hopefully they have a public side walk in front of the dealership and said repair facility. Make a big sandwich sign informing potential customers of this dealerships treatment toward customers. Get lots and lots of friends to "walk" with you. The news should be tipped off at this point.

With witnesses, lieyer perferably, let them know that they can pay off your note and buy you a new SS or whatever. The sqeeky wheel always gets the grease.

Good luck. Seeing as you have already gotten your bad luck... Turn this lemon into some lemon aid!

I trust that your spelling is not intentional.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Quote Originally Posted by pimpin78transams View Post
    exactly. and like stated before this guy is a paid proffessional and you can not tell me he was not driving recklessly just look at the picture and youll see what i mean. how can making a turn mess up the car that bad if he was driving how he was supposed to. the only reason i took it to the dealer is cuz i had extended warranty and sometimes the parts alone are three times the deductible so thats the only reason i would take it otherwise i do all the work on my car. i do believe the technician should pay big time i have no sympathy for him. i am a full time student with a part time job. as soon as i get out of school i head straight to work and work my ass off so i can keep my baby in good shape, and then for some idiot to come along and just wrap it around a pole!

i was speaking with someone there at allen samuels but he just told me that they are going to let the insurance take care of the situation which is just paying off the car. he said the only way he can help me is by financing me a vehicle! wtf i can go get a vehicle anywhere else how the hell is that helping me, thats just making a sell!

http://www.kristv.com/news/shop-empl...customers-car/

Contact this reporter and let them know thw rest of the story about how they are screwing you! See how fast they reach a settlement with you then.

S O M
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Tell the dealer , pay off loan find a suitable replacement, pay for it = no law suit. Otherwise find better lawyers. Ambulance chasers work best when wanting to get Corporations to pay.
    Ambulance chasers as you put it, are looking for clients with 'personal injuries.' There was no personal injury to the OP. He has property damages and it's simple to attach a value to the damaged property. There are no punitives here, no lost wages, no pain and suffering, no lost consortium, etc.

Just simple property damage.

And, there's right, there's wrong, and then there's the judicial system and the statutes and case law. I don't know what the law is in the applicable jurisdiction, but if it were me, I'd probably research bailment and contracts and the UCC in my jurisdiction and I'd look for a way to get double or treble damages, but, IMO, that still doesn't get you in the range that an attorney sees a big enough fish to fry.

Good Luck!

Red
    2001 ws6

damn man, as stated above the media is your friend, good luck with everything.....

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

This is why I do all my own work, and if for some reason I have to take it to a shop, I stay with the car.

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

I say good reason to have our cars on collector insurance such as a haggerty.
    They insure your car for what it's worth to you. That value never decreases.

I wonder if they would make a connection to you if by coincidence every car on their lot ended up with flat tires and broken windows?

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    this doesn't sound right. You need to talk to a good lawyer because any lawyer that's turning down the opportunity to make money off of someone else's misfortune doesn't have what it takes to be a lawyer.
    Sorry to hear about these dumbasses trying to screw you over. I'd do this ^

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

You cant go the pain and suffering route?

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by jetaws6 View Post
    You cant go the pain and suffering route?
    I think that only works if you were in the car when the accident happened.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

The words can be interpenetrated in many ways. Emotional pain and suffering.... You just got to find the angle that works

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I also think they capped the damages for that at some stupidly low amount - like $500 bucks or something. To the OP - ever seen the movie Roadhouse? Know anyone with a monster truck?

Keep us updated!

White
    2001 RS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by knightryda01 View Post
    I say good reason to have our cars on collector insurance such as a haggerty.
    They insure your car for what it's worth to you. That value never decreases.

I wonder if they would make a connection to you if by coincidence every car on their lot ended up with flat tires and broken windows?
    +1 I had them for my Firebird and for my Camaro and highly recommend them. When I totaled my Firebird they gave me 10k for a '99 V6 Firebird that was only worth around 6k. But with all the mods I had on it and the show room condition it was in helped alot with the final price. Good luck to ya man! Time to open a can of woop ass on those sons a bitches!

Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

It is true, that the dealerships insurance will only pay the value of the car. They won't even pay for mods. That's where the media attention will help pursuade them to settle out of court once you get a REAL lawyer.
    As for the tech, I would sue him personally for reckless behavior, mental anguish...the whole nine yards. I HATE BS lawsuits, but if someone needs suing, they get it with both barrels. Good luck, and keep us posted!

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    yeah i'm surprised you arent getting phone calls out the wazoo from lawmen wanting to take this case
    Unfortunately there is probably not enough money to be made for a lawyer to take this case. It is a property damage case which is going to be handled by the insurance companies. To the OP, if you dont get any luck with a lawyer, get all of the receipts from any aftermarket work that you have had done to the car and take them to civil claims court as a last resort if the media doesn't cause them to bend over backwards for you. If you have proof of how much you have invested in the car as opposed to what they are going to offer you as a payoff you may have a chance of winning. Hell if you threaten them with court they may settle. It will be cheaper for them to settle than to pay their lawyers to go to small claims court. Have you talked to a sales manager or service manager?

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

damn this is BS. I work at a Chevy dealer in the service department and I would never in my life do something like this. I usually get all the corvettes and camaro's at the dealer when they come in. I think I drive those things slower and more careful than regular cars because I don't know what people have modified on them sometimes. its just playing it safe.
    Last edited by z28punk; 02-26-2010 at 05:41 PM.

Black
    2002 Trans Am Convertible

I'm sorry if I missed this earlier, but did you have comprehensive insurance on the car? If so, just turn it over to your insurance company and they'll go to bat for you. The dealership is obligated to pay for your loss, not to simply pay off your car. Your loss is the value of the car. They're going to want to dicker over aftermarket stuff, and book value, but that's why you have comprehensive insurance - they do battle for you.

If you didn't have comprehensive....you're screwed like I was when the local Chief of Police blew a YIELD sign directly in front of me, resulting in my totaling my Cadillac. Not only did the police not find fault with the fact that he blew the YIELD sign (shocking), they blamed me for the accident ("improper passing", even though I wasn't passing anyone). Aaaaaanyway, if you don't have the insurance company to go to bat for you then you'll probably have to sue the dealership yourself. The dollar amount is going to be too small for an attorney to take on on a contingent basis, and would be too expensive for you to pursue on a retainer and hourly rate.

Every state has some sort of civil suit process that individuals can follow. It starts with 'small claiims' and goes up in dollar value from there, and in complexity. In my case, in NJ, I had to file a "special civil" suit against the town and Chief. The dollar limit is $15k for special civil in NJ. You download the instructions and forms and submit them to court. Of course they strongly recommend having an attorney represent you, but I would recommend filing anyway (assuming your state has something similar). The dealership would be forced to respond, which is going to cost them money. They may want to settle. If they call your bluff and want to go to court, you'll then have to decide whether to retain an attorney or drop the suit. I would not go to court without a lawyer.

That's what I would do, and have done in my case. Can't tell you how it's going to work out because I haven't received a response from the town yet on my case.....

Good luck and definitely do NOT let this go until you're satisfied with the results. YOU are the victim here.

black
    2002 trans am

about two weeks ago i went to the dealership and picked out a 2010 ss camaro i wanted and told them i wanted the same payments i had on my car for how much i owed which was 13000. i got a call from the general manager saying that is not going to happen so i told him me, my family, and friends will go stand out there at allen samuels and picket, letting the media know that we will be out there. he told me they will haul us off for being on private property, i told his stupid ass that the sidewalk is not his property. he told me that he is trying to work with me ( which is bs) but if i did that, that it will be the end of it and he will stop trying to help, and then he actually hung up on me! The general manager hanging up on a customer! Anyways he called back like ten minutes later saying that he is going to try to help one more time, asking what i really wanted (reasonably). I told him the only other thing i would take is a 2002 ws6 with really low mileage. He said he will start looking

Black
    2002 Trans Am Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by pimpin78transams View Post
    about two weeks ago i went to the dealership and picked out a 2010 ss camaro i wanted and told them i wanted the same payments i had on my car for how much i owed which was 13000.
    Since you owed as much (or maybe even more) than it was worth, their offer to pay it off is probably reasonable. You can't ask for much more than that.

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Quote Originally Posted by turbojimmy View Post
    Since you owed as much (or maybe even more) than it was worth, their offer to pay it off is probably reasonable. You can't ask for much more than that.

From what I've seen.. blue book "value" on these cars means shit. You have to go by the market value of the car. From my experience, good luck finding a low mileage(<40k) 02 WS6 around NY for anywhere under 17-18k.. when I was looking for my car nearly 2 years ago.. the 02 low mileage would go for low 20s.. crazy.. yea... but that's the market value in NY

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information