Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

allen samuels dealership totaled my car!

This is a discussion on allen samuels dealership totaled my car! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; that sucks... Start writing down all the upgrades and extra stuff you added to the car before you forget. Also ...

Black
    1999 trans am

that sucks... Start writing down all the upgrades and extra stuff you added to the car before you forget. Also try finding any reciepts you have. Good luck with everything.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

i googled this situation but found nothing. im interested in hearing more about this. you got a link to any kind of news reports or anything?

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Call a local news station and get those reporters to come down and do some press. That'll usually make the dealership bend over backwards to make you happy. Find a better lawyer too. That really sucks man. I'd demand the tech get fired. And if he's certified - strip that from him too. I feel your pain man. If things don't end up working out, let us know and we'll get everyone on the site to come protest!
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Call a local news station and get those reporters to come down and do some press. That'll usually make the dealership bend over backwards to make you happy. Find a better lawyer too. That really sucks man. I'd demand the tech get fired. And if he's certified - strip that from him too. I feel your pain man. If things don't end up working out, let us know and we'll get everyone on the site to come protest!
    I don't agree with that. Mistakes and accidents happen and hopefully he learned from it.

pewter
    99 trans am

In my experience at any service places that i took my formula to, the techs felt they needed to drive my car a little harder than others. I suspect there may have been a little bit of actin up in this mans car bein that its probably stronger than most vehicles that come through service at the dealership, which is possibly why his car ended up totaled.
    Last edited by jiveass; 02-25-2010 at 09:44 AM.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

The guy rolled the car! That doesn't just happen going a little to fast around a corner during a test drive. He f'd up big time He needs to suffer the consequences. It wasn't his car. He's a paid professional. I don't think this should be a KBB replacement type of deal if the OP had a ton of time and money in upgrades.

But, that's just me. I think there should be extra compensation.

I'd fight for it too

Black
    2001 WS6

I never take my car to the dealer, and when I take it to places like jiffy lube or whatnot, i always try to watch them work in my car. For that reason above, and to also learn. Get a lawyer, find a better one, one that will be on your side. The spiel of there's nothing they can do is false. I always worry about taking my car for a joy ride. Dont let them get away with this. Also, I dont agree with buying the car back if it's been rolled. just my .02. Good luck and keep us updated

S O M
    2002 Camaro SS

The reality is that you are not going to find an attorney to represent you on this matter on a contingent fee basis. There isn't enough money involved.

If you want to pay an attorney his/her hourly fee, they'll represent you and probably require $3k to $5k up front & that'll be all used up by the first motion day or interrogatories.

So the dealer is willing to pay off your loan. What is the loan payoff compared to book values? Who has possession of the car now? Find cars comparable to yours and see what they're selling for. That's what your car is worth. If you are upside down on your car and they're willing to pay it off, that might be leaving a bad taste in your mouth, but you can try to sweeten the deal by them agreeing to let you keep your wreck if there is anything there you could use on the next car.

They screwed up and they shouild be willing to work with you, but you have to separate yourself from the emotional attachment you have with the car and accept the fact that it has a market value and you're going to be pretty much stuck with that. Yeah, I realize you might feel like you're getting screwed twice by the dealer, but life just isn't always fair. Ask them for a loaner until it's all resolved or for 60 days or 90 days.

BTW, are you dealing with the dealer or their insurer?

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I don't agree with that. Mistakes and accidents happen and hopefully he learned from it.
    Mistakes and accidents do happen, but this doesn't sound like an accident to me. And the only mistake was that this tech drove the car and completely wrecked it. If you mess up, you gotta pay for it. If a laywer messes up, he can get disbarred. A contractor can lose his license if he was to say, blow up someone's house. Not that it doesn't suck for the tech, cause I'm sure it does, but there are consequences when you do mess up. That's life. Think about what could of happened, this guy could of killed someone or himself because he was being so reckless. Taking his license or firing him really isn't that harsh.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Tell the dealer , pay off loan find a suitable replacement, pay for it = no law suit. Otherwise find better lawyers. Ambulance chasers work best when wanting to get Corporations to pay.

black
    2002 trans am

exactly. and like stated before this guy is a paid proffessional and you can not tell me he was not driving recklessly just look at the picture and youll see what i mean. how can making a turn mess up the car that bad if he was driving how he was supposed to. the only reason i took it to the dealer is cuz i had extended warranty and sometimes the parts alone are three times the deductible so thats the only reason i would take it otherwise i do all the work on my car. i do believe the technician should pay big time i have no sympathy for him. i am a full time student with a part time job. as soon as i get out of school i head straight to work and work my ass off so i can keep my baby in good shape, and then for some idiot to come along and just wrap it around a pole!

i was speaking with someone there at allen samuels but he just told me that they are going to let the insurance take care of the situation which is just paying off the car. he said the only way he can help me is by financing me a vehicle! wtf i can go get a vehicle anywhere else how the hell is that helping me, thats just making a sell!

http://www.kristv.com/news/shop-empl...customers-car/

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

You weren't kidding about being totaled! Holy shiznit! What was the tech checking, the top speed shutoff? Geez man, that really stinks. And as for financing you a new car, that's a load of b.s. I'd ask them how you could trust them anymore? They should be bending over backwards to help you out on this one. Don't settle for less.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I recall a story like this involving a BMW dealer. That owner didn't have much luck getting reimbursement from the dealership either. The car had over 20k in damage and the dealer insisted they would simply repair his M3. I think he eventually ended up with a Porsche.

I can't find the link to the story but it was on some BMW forums. Took a LOOOONG time with lawyers and nasty visits to the dealer and even good will offers by the cars owner. He offered the dealer something I think was rather generous.

He said.... Give me the book value on my car for wrecking it and I will pay whatever extra I need to in order to buy a brand new M3.

The dealer laughed in his face and hence why he drives a Porsche today. I can't remember what came of his M3 or if he ever received adequate compensation.

Good luck to you. It's sad to see a bird die. Any historically relevant car for that matter. I'm sure it is much harder when it is your own.

pewter
    99 trans am

damn..that is definately a bad wreck! i read all the comments on that article and there are actually idiots defending the dealership, and some saying that the car was a piece of shit anyway and he can just get a new car. those people should single file in front of a firing squad.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I think he should be stripped of his license. Taking this type of car for a reckless joyride should be enough to have any mechanic stripped of his license. It would be different if it was a minor accident, but taking a turn (way) too fast in a sporty car like this is reckless and should not be the way a mechanic treats his customer's cars.

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSport346 View Post
    I think he should be stripped of his license. Taking this type of car for a reckless joyride should be enough to have any mechanic stripped of his license. It would be different if it was a minor accident, but taking a turn (way) too fast in a sporty car like this is reckless and should not be the way a mechanic treats his customer's cars.
    after seeing the wreck i will have to agree as well, although i didnt before i saw the car.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

good sir ..here is how you do it...legal action might not get what you want..but you know what will ?? press...tell them you want a new car a vette or maro ..and if they refuse then tell them you will take the story to the press and make sure you portray them as assholes .....that will get them to give in...

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Damn... sorry to hear. If I was licensed in Texas I'd go kick their ass just for fun. Good luck and hope everything works out for you!

SOM
    2002 FireHawk

Get a lieyer to write a letter that you are going to sue for loss of your property and attorney fees. Hopefully they have a public side walk in front of the dealership and said repair facility. Make a big sandwich sign informing potential customers of this dealerships treatment toward customers. Get lots and lots of friends to "walk" with you. The news should be tipped off at this point.

With witnesses, lieyer perferably, let them know that they can pay off your note and buy you a new SS or whatever. The sqeeky wheel always gets the grease.

Good luck. Seeing as you have already gotten your bad luck... Turn this lemon into some lemon aid!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

The media is definitely your ally in this matter, use them.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information