All 4 headlights low beams

This is a discussion on All 4 headlights low beams within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; So i've seen late 4th gen TA's with their brights and with all 4 lights lit it looks beast and ...

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

All 4 headlights low beams

So i've seen late 4th gen TA's with their brights and with all 4 lights lit it looks beast and i've tried to figure out if i could make all 4 of mine low beams and always wanted to know how it looked/if its possible and bought some eurolamps and rigged it up, the first ones kinda blurry cause i set it to no flash:

so how do you guys think it looks?
    Last edited by BirdCountry02; 05-31-2008 at 11:58 PM.

Black
    1995 Firebird

Looks pretty sweet! Can/do you still have high beams or no? Where did you buy those and how hard was it to set that up?

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

i think it looks just as good without the highs on imo. but you might be able to just point the high beams down. i assume they are adjustable.

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

The eurolamps came with h7s (1 filament) bulbs which are just low and i swapped them for h4s (2 filaments) and spliced the wiring together so i have high beams but know their so bright i don't need high beams i just wanted to. Their from http://www.eurolamps.com they cost about 80 a pair (190 total) and it was pretty straight forward. 2 wires in the low beams, splice it and use extra wire to make 2 sets for the extra headlight. if you want highs you gotta buy the h4 bulb which has 3 connectors, use the 2 you created from the low side and for the connection in the middle of the bulb you need the green wire from the highs which turns the highs on and off. They looked good before with just the low side but i wanted to do something with my ta you see out of the ordinary and i can always remove it if i wanted. so you knew you can point the adjustable stock high beams but they are noticabley brighter
    Last edited by BirdCountry02; 06-01-2008 at 09:37 AM.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

PainlessWiring makes a kit, but it would just be as easy to splice the Highbeam power wire to the lowbeam power...

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

Yeah, it was real easy just doing it on my own i didnt wanna spend extra on an expensive harness, just bought the sockets cheap at advance auto. im a perfectionist freak when it comes to everything looking matched. only thing is i cant really tell if its overkill on lights cause im the one drivin but the eurolamp ones are just bright as hell, was thinkin of switchin to just halogens cause id like to keep them, i like having something different then everyone else but i dont wanna blind other drivers. any other opinions?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

that looks awesome! and most importantly-all the bulb temps look consistant. very nice!

i hate cars that have too many lights in different temperatures: ie, color

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

I find that when I flash the hi-beams at night for someone to move over, they tend to get out of the way. It looks pretty darn good to me with them all on.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by svt_eater View Post
    I find that when I flash the hi-beams at night for someone to move over, they tend to get out of the way. It looks pretty darn good to me with them all on.
    Problem is that the Fogs turn off when you flash the highs

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Problem is that the Fogs turn off when you flash the highs
    True.

On another note, the main thing is that your relay is properly rated to run the extra current for double the headlights. I rigged up fog lights on a previous car to the same circuit as my park lights, and I kept burning out the light switch in the car.

I suspect the package from painless would be done right, but people don't always consider what the circuit is designed for when making their own custom installations. It's easy to overlook and have a lot of problems later.

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

worth lookin into IMP

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

thanks svt_eater, i thought about it and my friend said it'll be fine but i'm actually gonna look into it. and thanks to you too third_shift|studios, i like to keep a consistancy going and i figured if i'm gonna do it go all out and do it right. i love the look of it now, it looked good before but it was lackin something to me. i'm glad i did it, i was thinking its easily reversible but i've grown quite partial to the look so i'm def keeping it the way it is

Thread Information