Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Air intake, im deabting and need input.

This is a discussion on Air intake, im deabting and need input. within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC While we are on the subject of ws6 hoods, wheres the cheapest place to pick one ...

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    While we are on the subject of ws6 hoods, wheres the cheapest place to pick one up now a days?
    If you want a aftermaket i got mine for $250 from certifit.com. They have alot of local stores like I have one in houston and drove there in my buddys pickup and went and got it but best to call to make sure they have the part in stock 99% of the time they do. Any aftermarket autoparts wholesaler like them will have it just might have a different named store near you. if your going to have a shop paint it just ask them where they get their aftermarket parts. I used this place for all the cars that come in my shop when I can fix a fender, hood, or need some newheead or taillights.

have any pics of the certifit one? how did it fit? any other info to that?

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch094 View Post
    have any pics of the certifit one? how did it fit? any other info to that?
    Fit is as good as any aftermarket WS6 hood I've seen. The suncoast one I saw on a local car was a little nicer but also alot more cash.

1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

did you have to cut out the nostril holes or anything?? damn theres one of those places like 10 min from me. i dont really feel like spending what alot of those aftermarket companies are selling them for or even oem used one. hmm thanks! you used your stock hinges and support???

White
    1998 Trans Am

Used all the stock hood parts Just takes a little time to get it lined up just right. The stock hoods are a little faster to line up. The nostrils come cut just like factory. You will have to order the grills. I got mine from WS6store.com but and I think afterthoughtsauto has some depends if you want plain black or some chrome ones. I cut the backside of the hood out to work with my Volant so you can see one filter through each grill.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information