red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

After weeks of contemplating..

So for the last few weeks I have been debating on my future as an F-body owner. I have posted the car for sale with lots of interest but in the end I did not have the heart to sell it..

After my attempts fell through I came to the conclusion that I could simply just buy a bike and own a car... So I went to the bank to get a loan but was denied not because of bad credit but because of limited credit....

Finally today I decided that instead of looking for a new car, I am going to buy a set of long tube pacesetter headers and pay a local shop to replace my spark plugs and install the headers and of course make adjustments to my new ORY. The original plan was to install the headers myself but in the end I would only end up saving 250 dollars at the price on tons of frustration.. I figure it is just better to have the job done professionally and quickly which should only put me out about 800 bucks rather than the 6000 i wanted to spend on a bike..

After all is said is done I will have spent over 3000 on my money pit i call my baby and then I will send the PCM in to frost for a good tune for my summer ride =)

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

sounds like a good idea....once you get it set up the way you like it...save up for a different ride for a daily driver, then you will appreciate the t/a even more when you do drive it....plus it will save the miles.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

i have debated the same thing before....death on 2 wheels..or TA.
    ended up keeping the car. bikes are fun and go faster than most any street cars you will come across..but it sucks riding in the cold or rain. and other drivers are idiots. (not us though) bike for the true biker fans or for the people with extra money is what i say!
    and F bodies for everyone!

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Car mods=EPIC WIN.

silver
    98 firebird formula

ya i feel ya on the whole getting a bike thing but i think im just gonna stay away from them, knowing my luck and thirst for speed id end up splattered all over something, plus i personally know a few people who have died on bikes so that reason enough.. maybe when im older and have a better outlook for my safety lol

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by smkn gts View Post
    So for the last few weeks I have been debating on my future as an F-body owner. I have posted the car for sale with lots of interest but in the end I did not have the heart to sell it..

After my attempts fell through I came to the conclusion that I could simply just buy a bike and own a car... So I went to the bank to get a loan but was denied not because of bad credit but because of limited credit....

Finally today I decided that instead of looking for a new car, I am going to buy a set of long tube pacesetter headers and pay a local shop to replace my spark plugs and install the headers and of course make adjustments to my new ORY. The original plan was to install the headers myself but in the end I would only end up saving 250 dollars at the price on tons of frustration.. I figure it is just better to have the job done professionally and quickly which should only put me out about 800 bucks rather than the 6000 i wanted to spend on a bike..

After all is said is done I will have spent over 3000 on my money pit i call my baby and then I will send the PCM in to frost for a good tune for my summer ride =)

Choices, choices. Glad to see you kept the TA tho! And, for only $250 labor to put on the headers, that's a great price. Are you sure that is the whole price, and not another $250 surprise? It takes about 3-6 hours, depending on the variables.

I got my PCM back from Frost last week, I've ran without the tune after my Hooker/ORY install 3.5 years ago. Now I think something is wrong with the car because the SES light is not lit anymore, and I can feel more power above ~3500 RPM up to 6k, where I shift. It just pulls harder/quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by ftb28 View Post
    ya i feel ya on the whole getting a bike thing but i think im just gonna stay away from them, knowing my luck and thirst for speed id end up splattered all over something, plus i personally know a few people who have died on bikes so that reason enough.. maybe when im older and have a better outlook for my safety lol
    Some good reasoning there, you're only 20 and have learned from others mistakes. I think that's why I still here! I didn't even get married until I was in my early 30s, and didn't have any kids until 5 years after that. Had to get the wildness out of my system I guess, I rode a Ninja one summer and it really opens your eyes how car drivers don't see you.

silver
    98 firebird formula

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Some good reasoning there, you're only 20 and have learned from others mistakes. I think that's why I still here! I didn't even get married until I was in my early 30s, and didn't have any kids until 5 years after that. Had to get the wildness out of my system I guess, I rode a Ninja one summer and it really opens your eyes how car drivers don't see you.
    ya plus my parents would have a damn heart attack, when i was 18 i wrecked my 4wheeler jumping it going way too fast and had to be care flighted to the hospital lol, but all i came out with was a dislocated hip and had to have surgery to fix that. so i can only imagine what i would do with a crotch rocket...

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Glad to hear you are keeping the ride. I just sold our motorcycle after 10 years of ownership -- no regrets. On the other hand, I don't see the T/A changing hands absent a major life altering event (or a serious head injury). My heart still skips a beat when I go out into the garage and see it setting there.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^Pontiac really got the styling right on the WS6, eh? I like to look at other vehicles in the parking lots, and see which one I'd rather drive than Too Fast. Usually there are no others....

red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    i have debated the same thing before....death on 2 wheels..or TA.
    ended up keeping the car. bikes are fun and go faster than most any street cars you will come across..but it sucks riding in the cold or rain. and other drivers are idiots. (not us though) bike for the true biker fans or for the people with extra money is what i say!
    and F bodies for everyone!
    Well the thing is i could probably afford both.. I am going to pay off my car this next month and I wont have anymore bills other than insurance because I still live at home while I go to school.. I know its bad to waste the money but my friends keep trying to talk me into a bike.. one of them even agreed to co sign for me... still dont know though

Choices, choices. Glad to see you kept the TA tho! And, for only $250 labor to put on the headers, that's a great price. Are you sure that is the whole price, and not another $250 surprise? It takes about 3-6 hours, depending on the variables.
    Yeah, actually the price is 350 but if I had to do the job myself they would still charge me 100 bucks to cut the ORY to fit the headers and everything but if i do the whole job its no additional charge. I think they are giving me a better deal because i just paid them 700 for a full exhaust lol

I was fine saying no to the bike until i got on an actual crotch rocket for the first time... by the time i drove around for like 5 minutes i was smiling from ear to ear.

Glad to hear you are keeping the ride. I just sold our motorcycle after 10 years of ownership -- no regrets. On the other hand, I don't see the T/A changing hands absent a major life altering event (or a serious head injury). My heart still skips a beat when I go out into the garage and see it setting there.
    I love to hear that, my dad is the same way because my car was his baby first even though he didnt spend any money on it!! lol well performance wise but i do know that if i decide to get a bike in the near future i am just going to have to keep both because i dont have the heart to get rid of my f-body unless the price is right and why would someone do that when there are so many others who arent blessed with the choice to sell or not to sell lol

Thread Information